Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3810619)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Ricciardo - Verstappen Battle

The Aussie takes the 1st round in his own backyard.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3810640)   #2
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A part of the difuser on Max his car had broke off in the beginning of the race(long before the spin), he had a lot of oversteer and more tire wear because of that.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3810747)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does this crap really need two threads?
Old 25 Mar 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3810759)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Does this crap really need two threads?
😂😎
Old 26 Mar 2018, 00:05 (Ref:3810769)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
A part of the difuser on Max his car had broke off in the beginning of the race(long before the spin), he had a lot of oversteer and more tire wear because of that.
Don't you know that driver battles in Formula 1 exist in absolute isolation of any differences in the cars?
Old 26 Mar 2018, 05:11 (Ref:3810802)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
How was it damaged?
Old 26 Mar 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3810820)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Max Crashtappen living up to his name 😂
Old 26 Mar 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3810907)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Max had this to say, Adam:

Quote:
I think at about lap four or five I sustained a bit of damage on the car, I’m not sure what from as I didn’t have any contact or hit any curbs hard. When I jumped out of the car I could see some damage and I also think something broke off so we need to investigate what that was. The issue made it hard to hold on mid corner which eventually led to me spinning and then struggling for the rest of the race.
Source: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...melbourne.html
Old 26 Mar 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3810911)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
How was it damaged?
The usual way, when examining the accident damage after the event (the spin in this case) it was found to be broken.

Last edited by wnut; 26 Mar 2018 at 12:31.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3810946)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking at the TV footage Max was from T1 very aggressive on the kerb use and sparks could regularly be seen from his car hinting at grounding. He may have thought he did not hit kerbs hard but video evidence suggests otherwise. I think his implication the damage just happened is perhaps wishful thinking / an excuse. To me Max had a relatively bad day at the office.
(I have no favourite in the Max and Danny comparison)
Old 26 Mar 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3810955)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max is saying he would have lost interest in the race if he was at home watching and he has a point. Ok it’s hard to overtake at Albert Park, but there are a few places if the cars can run close enough. No wonder Max was driving erratically to get close to the Haas in front
Old 26 Mar 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3811049)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Thanks. I found this:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...erstappen-spin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ginger Spice
As soon as he was behind the Haas, knowing how tough it is to overtake around here, he absolutely went for it, got a bit wide I think [in] Turn 11/12 on lap six and that damaged the rear diffuser and created a significant imbalance for him, which he did incredibly well to manage for the rest of the race.

But that then caught him out at Turn 1.

He was getting intermittent loss of rear downforce in mid-corners, but [there was] nothing he could do about it.

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Mar 2018 at 19:26.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3811054)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Not sure the aggressive driving style was the correct way.
Bad race for Max.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3811523)   #14
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The usual way, when examining the accident damage after the event (the spin in this case) it was found to be broken.
according to the team it was already damaged on lap 5, long bofore the spin

and they don't know exactly why
Old 28 Mar 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3811586)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
"he absolutely went for it, got a bit wide I think [in] Turn 11/12 on lap six and that damaged the rear diffuser and created a significant imbalance for him" - Horner.

I have no problem with this, top to watch. An exciting driver. However if you are to gain any semblance of credibility you need to be a little more open and realistic about your passion for Max. I'm not sure how FAS can achieve that for Dani. Until this (impossible) situation occurs I shall only see these drivers for what they are - mediocre and a waste of a great team that would be winning championships with only a half decent driver installed in one of those seats.

Last edited by Adam43; 28 Mar 2018 at 20:33.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3811598)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
"he absolutely went for it, got a bit wide I think [in] Turn 11/12 on lap six and that damaged the rear diffuser and created a significant imbalance for him" - Horner.

I have no problem with this, top to watch. An exciting driver. However if you are to gain any semblance of credibility you need to be a little more open and realistic about your passion for Max. I'm not sure how FAS can achieve that for Dani. Until this (impossible) situation occurs I shall only see these drivers for what they are - mediocre and a waste of a great team that would be winning championships with only a half decent driver installed in one of those seats.
😲😆
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3811627)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh good grief....... We have this to look forward to again this season........?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 01:59 (Ref:3811662)   #18
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh good grief....... We have this to look forward to again this season........?
Reminds me of the glory days when Jacques Villeneuve raced.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 03:43 (Ref:3811665)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Old 15 Apr 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3815827)   #20
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Daniel winning races. Max Crashtappen living up to his name.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3815831)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll give you that one. Daniel did a grand job.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3815864)   #22
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
I'll give you that one. Daniel did a grand job.
swap him with Bottas' seat and he'd be moonwalking past Hamilton on track.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 03:08 (Ref:3815929)   #23
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
meanwhile in Milton Keynes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	28gfj5.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	51158
Old 16 Apr 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3816062)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
swap him with Bottas' seat and he'd be moonwalking past Hamilton on track.
He'd give him a good run from time to time. But it's still Hamilton's team.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3816065)   #25
keithcollantine
Rookie

keithcollantine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He'd give him a good run from time to time. But it's still Hamilton's team.
I don't necessarily disagree but at the same time Hamilton's been out-qualified and out-raced in the last two rounds. And remember 2014 at Red Bull...