Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Dec 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3347458)   #101
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The most interesting part of the McKay article is that he seems to have definite info about the 10 component of the deal.It appears that they will have a similar level of coverage to that shown by 7 for 6 events(Bathurst,Adelaide,Homebush,Gold Coast,Townsville and Albert Park if it becomes a Championship round).For all other rounds they will show a 1 hour highlights program on Saturday and Sunday probably at 6pm after news.
If this is correct 2014 will be the last year I follow the V8s.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3347468)   #102
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is anyone concerned that Channel 7 might 'run dead' on the V8's this year? Its not like it's going to be in their long term best interest to pump the series up for one year only to have the momentum inherited by Ten. If what I was told yesterday is correct, Seven have alot of pull in the timing of races etc under their current contract. Something to consider...
Old 24 Dec 2013, 03:33 (Ref:3347470)   #103
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Is anyone concerned that Channel 7 might 'run dead' on the V8's this year? Its not like it's going to be in their long term best interest to pump the series up for one year only to have the momentum inherited by Ten. If what I was told yesterday is correct, Seven have alot of pull in the timing of races etc under their current contract. Something to consider...
Was wondering about the Yahoo7 deal on the V8SC website too....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:11 (Ref:3347476)   #104
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
You couldn't really blame them if they did....

Did V8Supercars perhaps announce the lucrative 2015 Foxtel/Ten deal so early to perhaps entice 7 to seek ending the current 'low $$' contract a year early??
Old 31 Dec 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3349080)   #105
A-A
Rookie

A-A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or to get in early with organisers to get events to try and align with GP telecasts. In saying that F1 are usually very late in confirming their schedule. Everybody just falls in line behind Bernie, I think Goodwood 2013 had to change their dates to avoid a conflict.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3349088)   #106
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, once F1 schedule is done pretty much everyone else releases theirs and then re-releases theirs again when the F1 changes. I think Le Mans is the only race which F1 has to work around as it is in some FIA rule that their can't be an F1 race on the same weekend as Le Mans anymore. Although V8SC has never been really paid much attention to the F1 schedule from what I've seen, except those event's where they are running with F1 of course. I hardly think Bathurst will be moved if it clashes with the Japanese GP, as it generally does each year.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3349093)   #107
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The start of Japanese GP usually is around the end of Bathurst and there is usually some overlap so it isn't a big problem. I usually watch the Great Race and see how close the race is at the overlap before deciding what I watch.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3349327)   #108
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe in the 2015 Calendar, they will shift Bathurst back to the long weekend as there will be no conflict with the AFL Final on 7?

But that will be the weekend that Daylight savings kicks in for NSW.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3349350)   #109
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tchie Renault View Post
Maybe in the 2015 Calendar, they will shift Bathurst back to the long weekend as there will be no conflict with the AFL Final on 7?

But that will be the weekend that Daylight savings kicks in for NSW.
Unlikely, V8Supercars tried to move their event to the long weekend in 2001 but the NRL got in first.

The 'sleeping giant' of Australian sport is unlikely to be wanting to go head to head with the NRL in 2015 anymore than it did in 2001.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3351890)   #110
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auto Fiction story.

* $984! That’s how much live HD coverage of the entire 2015 V8 season will cost on Foxtel (and maybe more if there are price rises between now and March 2015!) We reveal wh...See More
Old 9 Jan 2014, 03:37 (Ref:3351892)   #111
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Auto Fiction story.

* $984! That’s how much live HD coverage of the entire 2015 V8 season will cost on Foxtel (and maybe more if there are price rises between now and March 2015!) We reveal wh...See More
Or $250 if you have a t box bundle with telstra

or Nil if you already have it
Old 9 Jan 2014, 04:30 (Ref:3351896)   #112
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pricey
Old 9 Jan 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3351899)   #113
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Auto Fiction story.

Which comes to $84 a month, which is about average for a Foxtel subscription (with HD).

Not exactly an earth-shattering lead story.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3351922)   #114
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I think we should remember this is the price to get it in HD and all sessions live.

if you are happy to wait for the free to air telecast you will get the races live and the qual delayed and no practise sessions
Old 9 Jan 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3351923)   #115
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think we should remember this is the price to get it in HD and all sessions live.

if you are happy to wait for the free to air telecast you will get the races live and the qual delayed and no practise sessions
I'd be happy with just all races live. I never watch all the other fluff anyway.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3351925)   #116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
I'd be happy with just all races live. I never watch all the other fluff anyway.
Which im lead to believe you will get on free to air
Old 9 Jan 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3351978)   #117
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In good news for free-to-airers, I understand that up to 3 new motorsport related shows will be added to Ten's programming, and a few spots have already been earmarked for certain people. A couple of new names to TV too...
Old 9 Jan 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3352002)   #118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How do we get someone like Jessica Yates to anchor the coverage?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Jan 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3352019)   #119
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How do we get someone like Jessica Yates to anchor the coverage?
She was ok when hosting the World Superbikes but didn't seem to be too 'motorsport-wise'.... we need the motorsport equivalent to what Mel McLaughin was to the A-League

What is former RPM host Grace McLure doing these days ?
Old 9 Jan 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3352230)   #120
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Which im lead to believe you will get on free to air
Fingers crossed huh ? If V8 Supercar would just come out and say that it would stop a lot of whinging - myself included.

They have said they can't release any details until September when the 2015 calendar is finalised but surely they would have nutted out what stays on free to air before signing the deal.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 03:44 (Ref:3352277)   #121
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fears about reduced FTA coverage of V8s in 2015 are unfounded - says V8 'spokesperson'.
http://mumbrella.com.au/v8-supercars...er-2015-198730

Now at first glance this sounds great. But what worries me is that nobody is willing to put their name to this. In my experience anything that is anonymously denied more often than not comes true.

Then again I really don't see why C10 couldn't run a slightly-delayed coverage similar to what C7 does now - given they have got the 1HD station as well.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3352289)   #122
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riddle me this. In this day and age of people trying to one-up each other, why would one pay for something that's available for free if there is not a benefit of paying for it?

Foxtel, and FTA, both to have exactly the same content???
Yeah righto.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 07:03 (Ref:3352293)   #123
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live vs delayed maybe??
Old 10 Jan 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3352438)   #124
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be some sort of strategy for the early news on the 2015 deal. I just can't quite work it out.

V8SA clearly don't have many enforceable clauses on Seven about channel, time etc. Otherwise we would have far more on the main channel. So the risk of them running the product down this year is high. How does that help?

Then we have the future deal, which clearly and logically is going to be far more focused on Fox rather than Ten, otherwise there's no reason for Fox to be pumping so much cash in to the deal. So we have a sense of negativity about the future and the potential audience drop. Who does that help?

There is the potential saviour in the deal - the TEN coverage - but they refuse (can't?) say what the split will be. That just further undermines the potential benefits of the deal.

I'm not sure this was the best course of action for them.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3352641)   #125
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supposedley more FTA and more on FOx according to this article at V8X mag
http://www.v8x.com.au/index.php/news...main-from-2015