Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1007123)   #1
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 2005 for British GT team Embassy?

Crash suggest that British GT team Embassy might be interested in entering Le Mans. Team principle France has been spotted chatting with people of Corvette and Don Panoz.

Can someone update me on their recent performance, car etc?

link
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1007131)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/free/t...bassyindex.htm

Their Race Reports from 2004
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:27 (Ref:1007132)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That would make sense I know from speaking to Jonathan France a couple of months ago that he was planning to be at this years Le Mans.

From what was said at the team launch back in March they are plan was to do the FIA Championship next year and Le Mans in 2006. I really do hope that they make it to Le Mans as after all they are my local team and I for one would love to see them at there.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1007136)   #4
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
http://www.dailysportscar.com/free/t...bassyindex.htm

Their Race Reports from 2004
Thanks Graham!

What other new teams can make it to Le Mans? British Scuderia Ecosse will make its international FIA GT debut later this month and make no secret about their abitions to race Le Mans.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:32 (Ref:1007138)   #5
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
That would make sense I know from speaking to Jonathan France a couple of months ago that he was planning to be at this years Le Mans.

Rob, would that have been with the corvette?
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1007139)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No from what he said to me was he was planning to go with Neil Cunningham, who drove the Morgan, but races there Corvette in the British GT Championship.

But talking to Corvette would make sense as they are running one of there cars in British Championship. They have had some bad luck so far this year, but I expected them to get stronger as the year goes on.

Last edited by rdjones; 17 Jun 2004 at 16:37.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1007146)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully we'll see them at Le Mans.

Dare I say it, the embassy girls would be welcome, too!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 18:34 (Ref:1007235)   #8
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On RLM the boss of GM said they were in negotiations with European teams about running in Europe.

I would suspect the LMES is the most obvious championship to race in.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1007324)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Just been looking on the Embassy Racing website and it looks as if they have made several good contacts at Le Mans last week. Oh and one other thing the last line of the report says:-

"Embassy will be at Le Mans in the future, that you can bet on. See you there."

I look forward to it..........
Old 18 Jun 2004, 06:32 (Ref:1007574)   #10
ronvon
Rookie

ronvon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I understand it, France is Paula Cook's manager. I would have thought that any future LM project would involve her. It would be great to see Cunningham in a competitive car at Le Mans too. The team have been knocking on the door in BGT this year, and a little bit of luck could make all the difference. They're certainly making all the right noises though.....Good luck to them (and the girls!!!!)