Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jan 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1815387)   #26
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian Palmer is looking for another car to replace the Honda. What it will be i don't know but he is supposedly in Europe. I am told that the rumoured Lamborghini is unlikely.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1815409)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why not buy Mr French's 997 911 CC Here Instead

If it isnt contracted to CupCar, presumably it is able to run in the GT series without the Porsche mafia getting excited?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Jan 2007, 02:42 (Ref:1815422)   #28
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Why not buy Mr French's 997 911 CC Here Instead

If it isnt contracted to CupCar, presumably it is able to run in the GT series without the Porsche mafia getting excited?
You need to pay attention.What planet are you on?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 03:04 (Ref:1815426)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
You need to pay attention.What planet are you on?
If its the same one as you, with an attitude like that, then I am disappointed.

The GT class is full of unloved bitzers, the genuine 997 CC car can run to GT3 spec, as it does in Europe, must be a better proposition than a grandfathered Honda Judd NSX or similar.

I get the feeling there may be more of these CC cars available ex-Europe very soon... a much cheaper proposition to run than a Lamborghini or Ferrari
Old 15 Jan 2007, 03:19 (Ref:1815434)   #30
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
If its the same one as you, with an attitude like that, then I am disappointed.

i
My comment was in jest-- I was marveling at some of the facts that you often come up with.
These comments have been made before at length so will summarize--- the deal between Cupcar and the C--s organisation prevents these cars running in any(as in ANY) other C--s event other than Carrera Cup. That is any of these cars-not just the Aus CC cars. Get it?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 05:03 (Ref:1815461)   #31
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can run a barstardised honda or lotus in the series, whats to say that you cant remove the Porsche badges , put a different wing on it and enter it as mtpanorama motorsport speedster! It is no longer a carrera cup car.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 15 Jan 2007, 05:21 (Ref:1815467)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
My comment was in jest-- I was marveling at some of the facts that you often come up with.
These comments have been made before at length so will summarize--- the deal between Cupcar and the C--s organisation prevents these cars running in any(as in ANY) other C--s event other than Carrera Cup. That is any of these cars-not just the Aus CC cars. Get it?
I accept all of that.... the only possible restriction Cup Car could make would be the non supply of spares and parts... which can now be sourced out of Asia it seems, given that this is where the car comes from...

I like MtPanorama's idea Call it the "Mt Panorama Herbie Speziale" Meep Meep
Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:20 (Ref:1815997)   #33
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that CAMS are also in agreence not to issue a log book to any 997's for racing outside of the CC.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1816000)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Are you able to use a log book issued in China instead? I wonder if the AASA would logbook the car
Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1816007)   #35
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha Ha , not quite sure where you would race the car thoughg, I would sumise that the CAMS series probally has a yearning to see it's own books in use

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 15 Jan 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1816089)   #36
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Onlooker]I think that CAMS are also in agreence not to issue a log book to any 997's for racing outside of the CC. [/QUOT

But it isnt a 997 anymore, it has been re badged as a
"Mt Panorama Herbie Speziale"

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 15 Jan 2007, 23:13 (Ref:1816091)   #37
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RENSC

(Rear Engined Nazi Slot Car)
Old 16 Jan 2007, 00:52 (Ref:1816141)   #38
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Are you able to use a log book issued in China instead? I wonder if the AASA would logbook the car

Now you are on the money. The agreement is between the C---s organisation and Cupcar( with PorscheC-Aust) to prevent them running outside of CC. They learnt from earlier 996 agreement where they only controlled "National" events-- not state ,hence we saw numerous CC cars appear at other events . This of course -- all relates to C---s organisation events.
What can happen is this--- All cars ,including 997 Cup, are eligible to run in the new production based category on the AMRS program -- The Australian Sports/GT Intermarque Championship diue to start February 23 2007.
Should solve a few problems for competitors.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 02:33 (Ref:1816176)   #39
noaxetogrind
Racer

Australia
Sydney
noaxetogrind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What can happen is this--- All cars ,including 997 Cup, are eligible to run in the new production based category on the AMRS program -- The Australian Sports/GT Intermarque Championship diue to start February 23 2007.
Should solve a few problems for competitors.
Is that the 5 race enduro series being run by the prod sports/marque sports guys that has 2 rounds at Eeastern Creek, 1 each at Oran, Qld Raceway and Phillip Island or is the AMRS thing something different again? The First round of the prod sports/marque sports series is at EC on 25 February and if the fields are anything like last year, could be in excess of 40 cars.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 02:59 (Ref:1816179)   #40
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
No -AMRS at wakefield Park
Old 16 Jan 2007, 08:44 (Ref:1816283)   #41
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing half the field will be ProdSports guys wanting to have extra runs in their cars. I can't see serious GT cars being run in it. Will they back fill the grids with Thundersports I wonder?
Old 16 Jan 2007, 11:28 (Ref:1816432)   #42
pete55
Veteran

I got told today the Rusty French will in fact be running a Porsche in the championship, at least in the early rounds. It is the car GTR hinted at that was running in Asia. There is a possibility that there is a different car coming though and it isn't a Viper.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1817004)   #43
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
I'm guessing half the field will be ProdSports guys wanting to have extra runs in their cars. I can't see serious GT cars being run in it. Will they back fill the grids with Thundersports I wonder?
Nothing to do with Thundersports-- it is new category altogether for AMRS. You will have to wait and see wether "serious" cars will run in it.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 23:21 (Ref:1817067)   #44
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Is there a GT3 Lotus heading for Australian GT? Dailysportscar.com's coverage of the Autosport International show last weekend included this comment-

George Mackintosh was reluctant to comment on the two other Lotuses that raced in British GTs in 2006, but we discovered elsewhere that both have been sold to overseas owners, one of whom lives and races in Australia
Old 16 Jan 2007, 23:37 (Ref:1817072)   #45
pete55
Veteran

There would be already a few here elligible to run this year, wouldn't there?
Old 17 Jan 2007, 00:30 (Ref:1817089)   #46
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a REAL GT3 Lotus comes here, where does that leave the *******s?

I appreciate what the organisers did for the guys, alowing them to run and all, but if they are running when a REAL GT3 spec lotus vehicle is here too, you may as well give Unvle Garry a ring and tell him to dust off the Monaros.....
Old 17 Jan 2007, 00:49 (Ref:1817098)   #47
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the heck are you talking about? He's bought a proper GT3 car in homologated to run to the intended rules of the championship and your complaining because a couple of mongrel wannabe Loti are no longer competitive?

Stop freebasing before lunch time.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 05:03 (Ref:1817160)   #48
noaxetogrind
Racer

Australia
Sydney
noaxetogrind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz
What the heck are you talking about? He's bought a proper GT3 car in homologated to run to the intended rules of the championship and your complaining because a couple of mongrel wannabe Loti are no longer competitive?

I think what Senna05 meant was if there is a factory Lotus GT3 here, how can they allow the Lotus with the Honda to continue to run. I think the answer to that question is that the Lotus powered by the Honda has permission to run until the end of 2008 at which time the series is meant to be running to the FIA GT3 specs. If I recall correctly, The GT series press releases talked about these being transitional arrangements to help the series get going with reasonable grid sizes.

The guy with the Honda powered car won't have any reason to be upset if the factory car comes out here and is quicker. Personally, I think the transitional rules are a good way (perhaps the only way) to get to the point the organisers want to get to of having a full grid of FIA GT3 cars.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1817209)   #49
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nothing to do with Thundersports-- it is new category altogether for AMRS. You will have to wait and see wether "serious" cars will run in it.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. However the AMRS is not shy from putting categories together in order to field a race, so I think this may happen again - at least at the start of the season.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1817522)   #50
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz

You've totally missed my point, matey. Totaly...

I said I appreciate what the organisers did for the mongrels. But, if people are willing to fork out some dough for a real spec GT3 car, where does it leave those not conforming to the rules.

That point has been clarified, and they will be gone in 2008. If they arent, once again, ring Uncle Garry. If they are letting one bitsa in, you have to let others in.

Sorry I didn't clearly point out my concern

And Freebasing? Well, each to their own... (attack the post, not the poster...)