Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 May 2007, 09:54 (Ref:1907504)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Do you much of a clue about anything Sorry you did leave the gate open
do you ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 6 May 2007, 10:13 (Ref:1907515)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
The rumor mill has stated that PMM and PWR may become non factory funded teams at the start of next year.
Presumably then this will see the HPDC assume a different brand next season...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 May 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1907588)   #28
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All i want to see is at least 10 Orion Falcon V8 Supercars at Adelaide next year, although from what i heard last its not going to happen...
Old 6 May 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1907960)   #29
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctshirt
Selected quotes from an article about what manager Graham Watson sees in the the future of A1GP driver Jonny Reid:

"Reid has had approachs to drive V8 Supercars in Australia, and he and Watson are discussing other possibilities in Europe."

"I don't want him in V8's for another 10 years - he's too good for that. When drivers do V8's they get bad habits and then they can't drive single seaters so well.

Jonny could be another Craig Lowndes [triple V8 champion] but I believe he is still young enough to be getting towards F1."

"But he adds, its time for Reid to find a position where he gets paid to drive instead of having to bring in money to teams. Top drivers in V8 Supercars earn $A1 million a year."

Did this this slip past the powder room or smoke and mirrors from someone trying to sell a driver. What's the word Timu? Good fit for TKR in the future but probably wouldn't have deep enough pockets.

Go on - stick him in the list - you know you want to
I think Mr Watson is away with the fairies, Reid is a good driver but lets face it, Mr Thexton could of driven that A1 car with the set up Supanova had on it. There are enough kiwis in the series already without anymore.
Old 6 May 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1908022)   #30
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that you are possibly a very harsh critic of Jonny Reid and his abilities behind the wheel of a car. It's no secret that he did more rounds than Halliday this past A1 GP season.

Behind the scenes, it's no secret that the team took a greater warming to him.

As a driver, he is a very personable chap. He was on TV a week ago over here on primetime TV as part of a documentary on the NZ A1 GP Team. He comes across on TV exceptionally well - similar to Craig Lowndes.

Also as a driver, he seems to be able to set-up a car, and provide decent feedback to team engineers.

Comparing Jonny Reid to David Thexton, well it doesnt create oneself the most glowing of reputations!
Old 7 May 2007, 09:46 (Ref:1908206)   #31
Mickcals
Racer

Mickcals has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I could picture Ingall in a Jack Daniels car again. And have an Ingall/Perkins combo again.
Old 7 May 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1908212)   #32
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcals
I could picture Ingall in a Jack Daniels car again. And have an Ingall/Perkins combo again.
Not even a slight chance i would reckon.
Old 7 May 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1908229)   #33
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love for it to happen. With the money LP is saving on drivers wages at the moment, plus what he's getting from JD, he'd be able to offer Russell a good salary. It could also bring back the old enforcer, which disappeared when he went to SBR. BUT, Russell still has a Ford contract.
Old 7 May 2007, 14:34 (Ref:1908348)   #34
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifsud
I love for it to happen. With the money LP is saving on drivers wages at the moment, plus what he's getting from JD, he'd be able to offer Russell a good salary. It could also bring back the old enforcer, which disappeared when he went to SBR. BUT, Russell still has a Ford contract.
He also won a Championship without taking his main rival out to do it.
How many Championships has Perkins Racing win?
Does SBR owe Tom $1.58 mill?
Will the ASIC take action against Skaife Sport P/L for trading without liquidity?
Old 7 May 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1908352)   #35
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like it's probable that the days of big funding from holden and ford may be over. One wonders if they'll open the gates to toyota to keep the dollars flowing in.
Old 8 May 2007, 06:54 (Ref:1908770)   #36
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Billy is full of it ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Will the ASIC take action against Skaife Sport P/L for trading without liquidity?
When did you lodge a complaint with ASIC ..... or are you full of it !!
Old 8 May 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1908942)   #37
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
just a thought but i have not much of a clue dose anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Do you much of a clue about anything Sorry you did leave the gate open

Sometimes PWR you can come up with a complete gem without even trying!
Old 8 May 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1908958)   #38
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Sounds like it's probable that the days of big funding from holden and ford may be over. One wonders if they'll open the gates to toyota to keep the dollars flowing in.
Well they did it in NASCAR. If Supercars open that gate where should it stop? I personally would like to see Chrysler doing real laps, not just as a safety car.
Old 8 May 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1909296)   #39
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Well they did it in NASCAR. If Supercars open that gate where should it stop? I personally would like to see Chrysler doing real laps, not just as a safety car.
Certainly. Ten years ago we had a few funded teams from Ford and Holden and the rest privateers. If Holden and Ford cutting the funding returns teams to those days, people are going to want a new teat to suck on to keep the good times going. Toyota would be the obvious choice.

Here in the states, it was inevitable toyota would join nascar. They produce a vehicle to compete with almost everything domestic manufacturers produce. The day was coming when they would take those same manufacturers on nascar. And plenty of teams and drivers were ready to cash the checks.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1913773)   #40
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
heard today that after a failed atemt to lure Todd Kelly over to Ford last time his contract was up to replace Ambrose SBR may have another crack this his contracts up time to replace Ingall, and the also out of contract Cam McConky could be his replacement after Mr John Marshall not wanting McConky in favour of his son.

heard also today that GMC could be on the flanks of the Tasman cars fot the rest of 07 (except the 4 rounds Firepower has a deal for) and could return as naming rights in 08, but i thought they might not be able to afford it.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1913786)   #41
bentate
Racer

bentate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They'll all be racing Holdens in 08' the way things are going.

Craig back in a Commodore....I'm counting the days.....
Old 15 May 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1913817)   #42
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
regardless the make of the car they have in 08 SBR apparently want Todd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Sometimes PWR you can come up with a complete gem without even trying!
i know i should be a comedian, just walk out and talk and don't try to be funny.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 15 May 2007 at 11:18.
Old 15 May 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1913819)   #43
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
crap double post.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 15 May 2007 at 11:18.
Old 15 May 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1913878)   #44
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Righto, my turn... and factoring in some cost-cutting and sponsor movement:

#1 - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Mobile Team Tactics
#2 - MTT - HIH - Rick Kelly - VE Commodore
#22 - MTT - Westpoint - Some Poor Schmuck- Leyland P76 with leftover Rover Vitesse parts from 1986

Inala Motorsport
#3 - IM - Cheryl/Fuchs - Jason Richards - Mitsi Lancer with a 4" exhaust and 22" rims
#51 - IM - Does/She/Ever - Greg Murphy - VN Commodore with steelies

Ross and Jim's Local Blokes
#4 - RAJLB's - Yatala Pies - James Courtney - GT40 replica from around the corner
#9 - RAJLB's - Stapylton Drive-In - Luke Youlden - AC Cobra replica from the same place

Performance Clause Racing
#5 - PRO - Mastercard (and not Tom Gorman's either!) - Mark Winterbottom - Focus Zetec
#6 - PRO - Wynns Spitfire - Steven Richards (or Jason if he'll take less money than Steven) - Fiesta GT

Early Times Racing
#7 - PER - Wild Peach Cooler - Shane Price (is right) - VP Commodore (better aero kit)
#11 - PER - Chateau Tanunda - Jack Perkins - VH Commodore ("Dad used to build good ones")

WPS Racing
#8 - WPS - OMG/WPS/HEMI - Max Wilson - Valian Regal
#10 - WPS - WOFTAM/SNAFU/SEMI - JAFOD Bargwana - the old man's Historic Capri (or is it the Uncle's?)

Team SBV
#12 - BJR - Heinz Beenz - Andrew Jones - a leftover AUSCAR from behind Aunty Maisy's chook house
#14 - BJR - Hills Hoist/Victa- Alan Jones - some old Audi SuperTourer we forgot to give back to the factory

HIV Dealer Team
#15 - KEEL - Dealers of Aus/NZ - Todd Kelly - VW Kombi Van, maaaan
#16 - OVER - Dealers of Aus/NZ - Garth Tander - grey import Supra with a whooshy blow-off valve

McLaren International, or Williams, or some other Pommie race team
#17 -MI - Lucas, Prince of Darkness- Steve Johnson - Jag S-Type (well, the new boss liked them at home, and they make a rorty sound)
#18 - MI - Tetley's Ale - Prince Will Davison - BF Falcon (yes, it's one of those grotty colonial cars, but it'll have to do until someone revives the MG badge)

Super Cheap Units
#20 - MR - [Your Name Here]- Marcus Marshall - VE Commodore with twin turbos and nitrous, but don't expect to see it in the top ten
#50 - MR - Panel Beaters of Australia/Rare Spares - Paul Dumbrell - HQ Holden (yeah, a bit slow, but there are heaps of them already race-prepped we can borrow if the first one gets fenced too hard)

Brightlite Motorsport
#25 - BRI - Samsung/SAME/K-Tel - Jason Bright - BF Falcon (well, we juust got it repaired in time, after Barbagallo 2007)

Gerry Rangers Motorsport
#33 - GRR - STP (found a tin of it behind the dealership) - Lee Holdsworth - Nissan Murano (we can put it on the used lot when we get the Pathfinder homologated - "Only Used on Sundays")
#34 - GRR - [SPONSOR WANTED - it was only a small tin we found] - Dean Canto - Tiida (what? You think I'm fielding TWO of them? They cost too much, even if Dean does all his own panelwork!)

Team Sirromuppet
#39 - PMM - Ray Ban - Fabian Coulthard - BMW E36 SuperTourer
#67 - PMM - Okanui- Paul Morris - the helicopter, with a souple of slicks taked onto the skids

Barn Door Racing
#55 - RNR - Grong Grong Poultry Farmers Co-Op - Steve Owen - Datsun 120Y Sports Sedan (got it cheap on EBay)

Team Kiwi
#021 - TKR - Makita/3M - Dame Kiri Te Kanawa - BF Falcon

Team Batfone
#0055 - 888 - Zoo Magazine - Jamie Whincup - XB Falcon with a big block
#000555 - 888 - Street Machine - Craig Lowndes - '49 Mercury with airbag suspension, line locker, suicide doors and paint by House of Kolor

PMT
#444 - PMT - Bunnings - Grant Denyer - BF Falcon with the seat right forward

The rumor mill suggests that this list might not be quite as accurate as you might first think...
Old 15 May 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1913932)   #45
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Henry. Excellent work.

Old 15 May 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1914167)   #46
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry
The rumor mill suggests that this list might not be quite as accurate as you might first think...
No less accurate than any of the other rubbish posted on this thread already....come on, a 2008 entry thread already

Quote:
#22 - MTT - Westpoint - Some Poor Schmuck- Leyland P76 with leftover Rover Vitesse parts from 1986
I presume MTT are one of the bidders for this machine then
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-TWR-ex-w...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 15 May 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1914234)   #47
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Righto, my turn... and factoring in some cost-cutting and sponsor movement:

#1 - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Mobile Team Tactics
#2 - MTT - HIH - Rick Kelly - VE Commodore

Inala Motorsport
#3 - IM - Cheryl/Fuchs - Jason Richards - Mitsi Lancer with a 4" exhaust and 22" rims
#51 - IM - Does/She/Ever - Greg Murphy - VN Commodore with steelies

Ross and Jim's Local Blokes
#4 - RAJLB's - Yatala Pies - James Courtney - GT40 replica from around the corner
#9 - RAJLB's - Stapylton Drive-In - Luke Youlden - AC Cobra replica from the same place

Performance Clause Racing
#5 - PRO - Mastercard (and not Tom Gorman's either!) - Mark Winterbottom - Focus Zetec
#6 - PRO - Wynns Spitfire - Steven Richards (or Jason if he'll take less money than Steven) - Fiesta GT

Early Times Racing
#7 - PER - Wild Peach Cooler - Shane Price (is right) - VP Commodore (better aero kit)
#11 - PER - Chateau Tanunda - Jack Perkins - VH Commodore ("Dad used to build good ones")

WPS Racing
#8 - WPS - OMG/WPS/HEMI - Max Wilson - Valian Regal
#10 - WPS - WOFTAM/SNAFU/SEMI - JAFOD Bargwana - the old man's Historic Capri (or is it the Uncle's?)

Team SBV
#12 - BJR - Heinz Beenz - Andrew Jones - a leftover AUSCAR from behind Aunty Maisy's chook house
#14 - BJR - Hills Hoist/Victa- Alan Jones - some old Audi SuperTourer we forgot to give back to the factory

HIV Dealer Team
#15 - KEEL - Dealers of Aus/NZ - Todd Kelly - VW Kombi Van, maaaan
#16 - OVER - Dealers of Aus/NZ - Garth Tander - grey import Supra with a whooshy blow-off valve

McLaren International, or Williams, or some other Pommie race team
#17 -MI - Lucas, Prince of Darkness- Steve Johnson - Jag S-Type (well, the new boss liked them at home, and they make a rorty sound)
#18 - MI - Tetley's Ale - Prince Will Davison - BF Falcon (yes, it's one of those grotty colonial cars, but it'll have to do until someone revives the MG badge)

Super Cheap Units
#20 - MR - [Your Name Here]- Marcus Marshall - VE Commodore with twin turbos and nitrous, but don't expect to see it in the top ten
#50 - MR - Panel Beaters of Australia/Rare Spares - Paul Dumbrell - HQ Holden (yeah, a bit slow, but there are heaps of them already race-prepped we can borrow if the first one gets fenced too hard)

Brightlite Motorsport
#25 - BRI - Samsung/SAME/K-Tel - Jason Bright - BF Falcon (well, we juust got it repaired in time, after Barbagallo 2007)

Gerry Rangers Motorsport
#33 - GRR - STP (found a tin of it behind the dealership) - Lee Holdsworth - Nissan Murano (we can put it on the used lot when we get the Pathfinder homologated - "Only Used on Sundays")
#34 - GRR - [SPONSOR WANTED - it was only a small tin we found] - Dean Canto - Tiida (what? You think I'm fielding TWO of them? They cost too much, even if Dean does all his own panelwork!)

Team Sirromuppet
#39 - PMM - Ray Ban - Fabian Coulthard - BMW E36 SuperTourer
#67 - PMM - Okanui- Paul Morris - the helicopter, with a souple of slicks taked onto the skids

Barn Door Racing
#55 - RNR - Grong Grong Poultry Farmers Co-Op - Steve Owen - Datsun 120Y Sports Sedan (got it cheap on EBay)

Team Kiwi
#021 - TKR - Makita/3M - Dame Kiri Te Kanawa - BF Falcon

Team Batfone
#0055 - 888 - Zoo Magazine - Jamie Whincup - XB Falcon with a big block
#000555 - 888 - Street Machine - Craig Lowndes - '49 Mercury with airbag suspension, line locker, suicide doors and paint by House of Kolor

PMT
#444 - PMT - Bunnings - Grant Denyer - BF Falcon with the seat right forward

That's actually really funny.

The more I read the harder I laughed. Well done you made my day.
Old 15 May 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1914293)   #48
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
That's actually really funny.

The more I read the harder I laughed. Well done you made my day.
I'll second that - it's probably the funniest post of the year so far.

I'm picking that you might ruffle a few feathers as some people on that list are VERY VERY self-conscious and get rather upset over people taking the piddle out of them.

It's a sterling effort though - and to be honest, I would love to see some of the said teams' race car and race transporter liveries!!! (Hopes that this is a subtle hint and inspiration for a secondary bout of laughter fits )
Old 16 May 2007, 02:41 (Ref:1914359)   #49
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well done what laugh great stuff

Quote:
Early Times Racing
but i just love the cars this team is using, i have a VP Commodore BT1 and my Dad has a VH Vecationer which we are currently doing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
No less accurate than any of the other rubbish posted on this thread already....come on, a 2008 entry thread already
don't be such a party pooper racer.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 16 May 2007 at 02:45.
Old 16 May 2007, 04:38 (Ref:1914385)   #50
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too much time on your hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
well done what laugh great stuff

... and my Dad has a VH Vecationer which we are currently doing up.

don't be such a party pooper racer.
He who laughs last laughs longest !!!!