Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4028704)   #126
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know, it was just a hypothesis
Old 14 Jan 2021, 06:29 (Ref:4028886)   #127
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
It doesn't have to be a German team does it?
Kessel runs a bunch of Ferrari's and they are Swiss.

And there will be another German team running Ferrari's: Phoenix will operate the Wochenspiegel Team Monschau 488GT3 in ELMS.

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/wo...n-gt3-et-lmp3/
The team have not announced ELMS for the Ferraris - they have said ELMS/ MLMC for the LMP3

They have said NLS and N24 for the Ferraris plus other international races so far
Old 14 Jan 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4028981)   #128
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Motorsport.com AF Corse could be the team running Red Bull-backed Ferraris although the team's boss is rather sceptical citing many programmes as a potential obstacle.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4029106)   #129
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DTM 2021

2 Seas are selling both their mclarens that are currently located in Bahrain, but according to Endurance Info, that doesn’t change their DTM plans

They do still have a 3rd car in the U.K. and access to a 4th through Mclaren customer racing
Old 14 Jan 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4029117)   #130
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they were to scrap their programme before it even started then that would be a big worry, for them and the series as well.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 21:40 (Ref:4029119)   #131
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The team have not announced ELMS for the Ferraris - they have said ELMS/ MLMC for the LMP3

They have said NLS and N24 for the Ferraris plus other international races so far
You're right, my bad

Fact remains: Phoenix will be operating the Ferrari's for WTM, that's what I wanted to say
A German team other than Rinaldi with Ferrari's
Old 14 Jan 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4029120)   #132
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
2 Seas are selling both their mclarens that are currently located in Bahrain, but according to Endurance Info, that doesn’t change their DTM plans

They do still have a 3rd car in the U.K. and access to a 4th through Mclaren customer racing
In case anybody is interested:
* chassis number #013 for car 9 (British GT) and the Gulf 12H winner
* chassis number #015 for car 10 (British GT) and car 7 at the Gulf 12H.
according to Endurance-Info
Old 15 Jan 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4029190)   #133
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Igora Drive is cancelled.
http://gt-place.com/2021/01/15/von-j...nnwochenenden/
Old 15 Jan 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4029330)   #134
Matt K
Veteran

Quite a surprising move given race in Russia meant €€€. And the season starts in June, which means a lot of waiting sadly.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4029570)   #135
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Quite a surprising move given race in Russia meant €€€. And the season starts in June, which means a lot of waiting sadly.
But because of that there is a chance, that there will be fans on track.

And thanks to that Monza date, there're only two clashes with ADAC GTM
Old 17 Jan 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4029683)   #136
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
But because of that there is a chance, that there will be fans on track.

And thanks to that Monza date, there're only two clashes with ADAC GTM
That's true actually and good about clashes, however, for the teams wanting both programmes it's still probably too many clashes...

Racing One is interested in fielding Ferraris in DTM this year, with aim of two cars, possibly factory Ferrari drivers, however, there is a chance for another manufacturer if talks with Ferrari fall apart. Obviously, a potential obstacle in entering DTM is - of course - money. On the other hand, their participation in DTM Trophy is confirmed.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4030681)   #137
Matt K
Veteran

Phoenix Racing has confirmed they will no longer work with Audi, at least not in the DTM. It also doesn't mean they will be in the DTM, the deadline is March, by then they will either commit to DTM with a different brand or will the plan to be in the DTM.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4030705)   #138
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Phoenix Racing has confirmed they will no longer work with Audi, at least not in the DTM. It also doesn't mean they will be in the DTM, the deadline is March, by then they will either commit to DTM with a different brand or will the plan to be in the DTM.
End of a long partnership.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4030716)   #139
Matt K
Veteran

Yes but it's worth remembering Phoenix raced with Opel in the past in the DTM. Also, even if they carried on in DTM without Audi, they could theoretically work with them in LMDh for example. Especially if they remained with a VAG manufacturer, for example Lamborghini.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 22:59 (Ref:4032230)   #140
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
I am biased for the lack of commitment from German brands. True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4032949)   #141
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

Two Audis from WRT, drivers TBA

+ Red Bull will announce today "new DTM drivers, team and cars as the series moves to high-powered GT sports cars in 2021."
Old 2 Feb 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4032951)   #142
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Two Audis from WRT, drivers TBA

Who say it?

WRT confirmed last week, that they´ll do ADAC GT Masters with two cars. Before that, they has confirmed, that it is really unlikely, that WRT stays in the DTM, because of all schedule-crashing with their other series.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4032952)   #143
Matt K
Veteran

Where does that info come from? As RacingHarz says, WRT ruled out DTM entry so either something extraordinary must've happened or these rumours are simply untrue.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4032967)   #144
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

https://twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/...56410872619009
Old 2 Feb 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4032968)   #145
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some really beautiful liveries from Red Bull there, and a very solid partner in AF corse.

I expect the Cassidy driven car to compete for wins straight off the bat, when Albon is in it that’s more of an unknown.

Lawson has shown good form so be interesting to see how he fairs

All this depends on who they have to race against in the end of course
Old 2 Feb 2021, 11:27 (Ref:4032972)   #146
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

I'm an idiot, Audi sent Tweet today about WRT and somehow I thought it's about DTM.

Sorry.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4032973)   #147
Bcarr6
Veteran

The current status of the grid, 2 Seas is now a slight unknown knowing they are selling their cars, although Endurance-Info seemed to think that didn't change the entry so maybe they are receiving new cars from Mclaren for this series

Given how early on we are in the offseason, I think we can probably expect a solid 20+ grid here, I imagine the Red Bull entry will encourage some stronger competition too.

Worth also remembering any BMW entries are unlikely until September so we may see a boost in later rounds with the new M4 GT3.

Mercedes have also as recently as this weekend said they are taking the DTM more seriously now that they arent trying to enhance the GT3 formula.

DTM 2021 - 10 cars

2 Seas Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - TBC
2 Seas Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - TBC
Abt Sportline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Abt Sportline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
GruppeM Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBC
Jenson Team Rocket RJN - Mclaren 720s GT3
Red Bull AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Alex Albon (Partial Season) / Nick Cassidy (Partial Season)
Red Bull AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Liam Lawson
Team Rosberg - TBC Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Team Rosberg - TBC Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Old 2 Feb 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4032996)   #148
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If am I not wrong, next-gen gt3 will get FIA homologation only from 2022, so I think we won't see anywhere a m4 gt3 this year
Old 2 Feb 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4033003)   #149
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
If am I not wrong, next-gen gt3 will get FIA homologation only from 2022, so I think we won't see anywhere a m4 gt3 this year
There have been some indications that DTM could waive the need for proper homologation if BMW were willing to let the car race in DTM already this year -perhaps not eligible for points, though.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4033005)   #150
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
I'm an idiot, Audi sent Tweet today about WRT and somehow I thought it's about DTM.

Sorry.
No worries, it is like that sometimes!
But I started hoping for some miracle and now I'm disappointed

Great to see the first team fully confirmed, with drivers, sponsors, even a livery. Also good to see AF Corse is "the Red Bull team" as they're the closest to the factory as they could get.

I believe the 20+ grid is really attainable however am worried that for now there are just 10 seats confirmed.
There are a few teams we can put with a question mark though:
1. Phoenix Racing - confirmed they're trying to stay in the DTM albeit not with Audi
2. RacingOne - confirmed their interest to run Ferraris
3. Rowe Racing - the first team ever to publicly announce their ambition to join the DTM, recently have confirmed they still aim for it with either a pair of BMWs or Porsches, however, there are obvious factors that will determine whether the plans materialise or not.
4. Walkenhorst - there were rumours they're interested, however it's been silent since.

I don't know if there are any teams we can throw here. But of course, in most cases factor number one is money and this already is the reason why there won't be WRT or Grasser. Theoretically, I think RMG could join later in the season with M4, BMW has committed to the DTM but with aim of 2022 as the first full season.

Another mystery is who's going to race in DTM. I'm afraid not many current DTM drivers can be there as half the grid were BMW drivers. Müller and Rast have some chances, although it all depends on FE. I'd say Frijns most likely will be gone, the same can be said about Rockenfeller. Duval and Scherer are 100% gone. Green is a big mystery for me, the same can be said about Newey. I'd hoped for Habsburg but it seems he's rather aiming at Super GT/Super Formula programme. I'd say if some BMW drivers are to return later in the season it'll be Wittmann and S. van der Linde, however, it's just guessing.

I hope there will be some household GT names and Kelvin van der Linde is almost certain to join DTM, probably in Abt.