Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Apr 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3895791)   #1
mattmarvell
Rookie

mattmarvell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos

I’m hoping you can see the images I’ve tweeted in this link my wife’s dead uncle took them ... just wondering what meeting it was , possibly brands hatch, who is the driver and when anyone know anything or jog any memories?

https://twitter.com/mattmarvell/status/1114631370888888321?s=21
Old 6 Apr 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3895797)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmarvell View Post
I’m hoping you can see the images I’ve tweeted in this link my wife’s dead uncle took them ... just wondering what meeting it was , possibly brands hatch, who is the driver and when anyone know anything or jog any memories?

https://twitter.com/mattmarvell/stat...888888321?s=21
I'm sure you will get the full answers quite soon.

Brands Hatch looks like a good bet for all that I can see. There may be other locations in the bundle of images.

The racing shot has Graham Hill in a Gold Leaf sponsored Lotus leading

Looks very much like this race https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Hope that link will work.

1968 before the wings arrived.

Hill - Lotus, Amon - Ferrari, Hulme - McLaren

Probably the Race of Champions in March.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3895806)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I meant to add that they look like great photos.

Was this professional work for him?
Old 7 Apr 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3896005)   #4
mattmarvell
Rookie

mattmarvell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I meant to add that they look like great photos.

Was this professional work for him?
Thank you for the info, fascinating to be able to marry up some of the pictures now I have a date.

He wasn’t a professional just a very keen amateur... liked buying the very best kit he would have developed them himself as well.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3896058)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Judging by the trees they would have been taken at different times of the year I reckon, though they mostly look like Brands Hatch - at least the ones that are visible in the fanned prints as well as the specific individual shots.

The head shot looks so familiar but the names I came up with almost but don't quite match the face and don't seem to be able to match what we can see of the helmet design.

There will be people on here who will know. Just a matter of waiting for them to show up!

Was Brands Hatch a logical place for him to visit based on location? Any other circuits that might have been either local or of specific interest?

Are race meetings things he might have attended at various times over the years?
Old 8 Apr 2019, 06:26 (Ref:3896135)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You could do worse than tying up which year around then had April 7th as a Saturday and where the BOAC International 500 was held. See LH of picture.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Apr 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3896900)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmarvell View Post
Thank you for the info, fascinating to be able to marry up some of the pictures now I have a date.

He wasn’t a professional just a very keen amateur... liked buying the very best kit he would have developed them himself as well.
He could have been a pro. Those are amazing. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 16 Apr 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3898100)   #8
lemansnsx
Rookie

lemansnsx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
You could do worse than tying up which year around then had April 7th as a Saturday and where the BOAC International 500 was held. See LH of picture.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes except that the photo clearly says SUNDAY April 7th, LOL. That makes it 1968 and the BOAC was also the Brands Hatch 6 Hours and both were sports car races not formula cars -so the billboard is for a different event than what is running in that photo. My guess is that it is the Race of Champions from March 17 where Graham Hill competed in a Lotus Ford retiring with a halfshaft problem after 11 laps.