Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Sep 2000, 23:49 (Ref:40129)   #1
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

.. his #3 fan looks like this:

This look of "I can't watch" was brought on by moments such as these:

And I think with a look of sheer gibbering terror like that she ought to be at least #2 or #1

Old 30 Sep 2000, 00:00 (Ref:40130)   #2
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Actually, some of Carrie's posts have me in the mood for scanning some more images. I'm going to take some time off from fixing mail servers (ahem) and dig out the recent ones from Oulton & Silverstone.. Look out those of you who are easily embarassed (there are many of you)

Some more shots of our favorite Clio drivers - starting off with a photo of Rick on the black stuff - seriously impressive lap he's on.. This is thew lap that got him second place on the grid for Silverstone:

And don't forget that we were also highly entertained at Silverstone by Rick's team mate Paul Lomax..:

..and the singing HPL driver Graham Holmes:

Fantastic day out at Silverstone. Thanks to one and all for providing a damn good show (with the exception of the nauseating green laser-show) despite the fuel crisis
Old 30 Sep 2000, 00:13 (Ref:40132)   #3
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
And now a short news story... It would seem that the police have been investigating strange behaviour on some of the British motor racing tracks..

Silverstone and Oulton Park circuits have both reported strange happenings during recent BTCC meetings, and a covert undercover operation was launched with the aim of police officers infiltrating gangs of supporters. Our hidden cameras discovered this special police agent at Silverstone:

It is believed the police are interested in questioning a number of racing drivers, in particular, the one believed to be responsible for the recent damage to racing tracks:

..And this:

Old 30 Sep 2000, 00:25 (Ref:40133)   #4
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
News update: - the search for the culprit racing driver lead police to suspect this man:

Police believe his name is 'Alistair Stewart' and is believed to be a very reckless and dangerous individual on the roads. Police are also keen to track down this individual - who preys on innocent young female spectators and scrawls obscure messages on their T-shirts:

Police have released a photo-fit of the suspect they most want to interview regarding these incidents:

.. and finally, immigration are on the look out for these people in connection with some fraud allegations, particularly the individual on the right:

Old 30 Sep 2000, 09:31 (Ref:40166)   #5
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What? The bloke in the Nike cap and glasses? That stupid cow blinded me by sticking that bloody digi-cam within 2cm of me. That silly cow in the white shirt, that is. I think she might also hold the key as to who it is that draws on peoples' shirts.......

Just you wait until I start scanning again, Y...
Old 30 Sep 2000, 16:43 (Ref:40209)   #6
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Police are also on the look out for the international hat smuggler. He tries to hide his crime by wearing one hat ontop of another!
Old 1 Oct 2000, 15:52 (Ref:40378)   #7
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
May I just enquire as to what sort of an oaf would spin into a sign in that position?! Is that not at the exit of the chicane at Oulton?

Oh, no, our dear friend - and hedge trimmer - James Thompson did the same thing and did the unthinkable afterwards: admitted (probably for the first and only incident) that it was his own fault!!
Old 2 Oct 2000, 11:58 (Ref:40531)   #8
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You Know RickP's on track when...

You have difficulty breathing as a result of the clouds of tyre smoke from his tyres as he locks up (yet again!) under braking for Old Hall....
Old 2 Oct 2000, 15:41 (Ref:40560)   #9
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shurely shome mishtake Flagman, the smoke you saw was in fact the remains of the bollard family who inhabited the kerb on the inside of Old Hall...
According to one exchange after qualifying:

Wizened old Northerner-type spectator "You gave them there bollards a thump didnya?"

RickP: "They might have caught a small tap, that would explain where the wing mirror went..."

WONTS: "A tap? Luddy heck, you damn near cut the bloody car in half wiv 'em"

RickP: "Aah, that would explain where the Renault badge went..."

You forget to point out Chris, that at no stage did I lift despite my proximity to the wall and degree to which I was in that gravel trap... would explain where all the paint went off the left hand side of the car... need to get some rally-style mud-flaps...

Quality picture of the Redshoes sign!

RickP

Old 2 Oct 2000, 15:44 (Ref:40562)   #10
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgot to ask if anyone had discovered why the HPL team all sing in their cars?

Answer: They asked me what the secret was to driving the Clio quickly (he says modestly) and I told them they had to get into a rythym and the easiest way was to sing... they took the mickey out of me, but it would appear they believed me!

RickP
Old 2 Oct 2000, 19:50 (Ref:40614)   #11
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We mentioned your singing to them, and Graham said that they had a habit of having a Baptist-style singalong before the race. We asked if it helped, and Graham said "no."
Old 3 Oct 2000, 08:08 (Ref:40685)   #12
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You must have been hitting the 'floppies' at Old Hall Apex pretty hard for the smoke to still be coming off at the 'In' flag point
Old 5 Oct 2000, 18:05 (Ref:41279)   #13
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#3 fan here . . . .when did you take that awful picture!!!

See what you put me through Rick?!?

Just wait until I see you Chris . . .watch out at Silverstone this weekend
Old 5 Oct 2000, 19:44 (Ref:41305)   #14
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to know where it was taken, why you had your back to the fence and what on earth were you thinking?
Old 5 Oct 2000, 20:05 (Ref:41309)   #15
WoodyTJ
Veteran

OK back to the fence and thinking that the Woody curse had struck again!!!!!!!!

As soon as I stopped looking Rick did his best qualifying lap....... say no more!
Old 5 Oct 2000, 20:15 (Ref:41310)   #16
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
See, you're a total distraction, Woody. Show Rick the back of your shirt and he's trying to race away from it. Stupid bloody AHFZ shyte...
Old 5 Oct 2000, 20:32 (Ref:41313)   #17
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Dan - think you'll see I had my jumper on at that point
Old 9 Oct 2000, 17:29 (Ref:41995)   #18
davy
Rookie

davy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

NEWS FLASH!!!! police are hot on the trail for the guilty person..... new information has come to light that the person that they are looking for answer's to the name of "WOODY"????????
Old 9 Oct 2000, 20:31 (Ref:42035)   #19
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by WoodyTJ
Dan - think you'll see I had my jumper on at that point
But that never stops you from showing Matty, does it now?

Davy, when are you going to post that pic of you with Joanna Clarke? I wanna see what Woody has to say about that...
Old 10 Oct 2000, 14:26 (Ref:42168)   #20
Veteran

England
Zurich
Ok, check out the new topic, Do You Know When RickP is on track entitled... Win A Ride Through A Gravel Trap...