Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3410846)   #26
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
great pics...thanks for sharing
Old 26 May 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3410851)   #27
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Anyone get any pics of the March rolling in the F1 Masters?
which March was it?
Old 26 May 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3410963)   #28
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few shots from Saturday, Sunday was mainly wandering the paddock and sitting down and watching the races.

Some single seaters
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1118.jpg   IMG_1143.jpg   IMG_1260.jpg  

IMG_0633.jpg   IMG_1896.jpg   IMG_2212.jpg  

Old 26 May 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3410965)   #29
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some closed wheelers, including a couple of our Dutch guests
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0148.jpg   IMG_2003.jpg   IMG_2187.jpg  

IMG_2444.jpg   IMG_2488.jpg   IMG_2570.jpg  

Old 26 May 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3410968)   #30
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az View Post
Shame about a couple of heavy shunts in the F1, the Guinness car in particular very sorry after huge impact at Clearways
Jonathan Lewis made a strange post on facebook about 'something happening' to a driver in the race he was in and that the news so far is good and that he hopes it keeps getting better. Just hope it wasn't anything serious.
Old 26 May 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3410969)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRDG View Post
which March was it?
If you look at the results on TSL Timing's website you may be able to work it out, depending in which of the two races the incident happened!

Interesting car in Gentleman Drivers- a TVR Grantura that was quicker than all the Griffs and 26Rs! Hopefully it was a change of cars by the entrant that wasn't corrected in time by the organisers.....

Great pics, thank you guys. Always appreciated!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 26 May 2014 at 17:57.
Old 26 May 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3411018)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
It was off the track. Heart attack in the paddock. Sorry but I do not know who it was.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3411053)   #33
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Rudi who posts here who had the prang in the F1 first race it was missing a corner not sure it rolled?
Old 26 May 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3411054)   #34
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that is correct, Rudi went off in race one and Mark Dwyer went off in race two and rolled. Both incidents at Clearways.
Commiserations to both.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3411055)   #35
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes, I went off at Clearways
caught my foot on the throttle while braking.....
I am fine, just a sore thumb
the car less so

both will mend
will get smaller shoes for the March

thanx for all best wishes

Rudolf
Old 27 May 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3411167)   #36
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
It was off the track. Heart attack in the paddock. Sorry but I do not know who it was.
Thanks for that.
Old 27 May 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3411172)   #37
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lotus 76. Ronnie Peterson helmet. I thought I was young again......

And then.....is that Lotus 77? The car that rebuilt the Lotus team's fortunes and set in train the all-conquering 78s and 79s. Such magic!

What were the crowds like? I couldn't make it but the cars photographed already deserve a big stage. Marvellous.
Old 27 May 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3411305)   #38
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crowds were decent with decent racing and very beautifully prepared cars. Weather was lovely on Sunday not so on Sat or Monday afternoon.
I wasn't trying to come across as a crash fan when I asked about pics of the crash just trying to suss out what happened after seeing the sad remains of the car.
Old 27 May 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3411432)   #39
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Bloxham posted one or two shots of Rudi's crash on Facebook, it is great to hear that he is ok. I was at Paddock bend on Saturday when the ambulances were in the bottom of the paddock, once again good to hear of the news so far .
Some really great photos posted already, I'll add a few over the next couple of days from Saturday.
Old 27 May 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3411436)   #40
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Jeff Bloxham posted one or two shots of Rudi's crash on Facebook, it is great to hear that he is ok. I was at Paddock bend on Saturday when the ambulances were in the bottom of the paddock, once again good to hear of the news so far .
Some really great photos posted already, I'll add a few over the next couple of days from Saturday.

örm...
the Bloxham pics on Facebook are of the Dwyer crash with the black 811,
none of me

Rudolf
Old 27 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3411476)   #41
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Interesting car in Gentleman Drivers- a TVR Grantura that was quicker than all the Griffs and 26Rs! Hopefully it was a change of cars by the entrant that wasn't corrected in time by the organisers.....

Great pics, thank you guys. Always appreciated!

Well car 64 certainly looks like a Grantura in David Stallard's pictures - it sure ain't the McInerney Griff so how's that figure?
Old 27 May 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3411480)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting! I've asked the question to another Grantura driver in the race but not yet had a response....

Old 27 May 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3411483)   #43
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
örm...
the Bloxham pics on Facebook are of the Dwyer crash with the black 811,
none of me

Rudolf
Oops sorry Rudolf, please accept my apologies .

Paul.
Old 27 May 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3411486)   #44
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Interesting! I've asked the question to another Grantura driver in the race but not yet had a response....

Are you using the times from qualifying ?
Old 27 May 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3411489)   #45
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Lotus 76. Ronnie Peterson helmet. I thought I was young again......

And then.....is that Lotus 77? The car that rebuilt the Lotus team's fortunes and set in train the all-conquering 78s and 79s. Such magic!

What were the crowds like? I couldn't make it but the cars photographed already deserve a big stage. Marvellous.
It was spooky seeing the Peterson helmet colours in that car.
Yes there was a Lotus 77.
I doubt the crowd was more than a couple of hundred on Saturday but Sunday was very busy.
Old 27 May 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3411490)   #46
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Qualified 4th and retired in race #1 but still 10th fastest lap time
Old 27 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3411495)   #47
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Qualified 4th and retired in race #1 but still 10th fastest lap time
Qualifying was held on a wet track, which might explain the times.
Race one #64 was 9 seconds off fastest lap, race two 5 seconds off, both to #46 TVR Griffith on a dry track.
Old 27 May 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3411500)   #48
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Quote:
Qualifying was held on a wet track, which might explain the times.
Race one #64 was 9 seconds off fastest lap, race two 5 seconds off, both to #46 TVR Griffith on a dry track.
Well I'm impressed.
Old 27 May 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3411507)   #49
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day I felt Privileged to be in the right place at the right time when they were warming up the V12 Alfa engine in the Brabham.
Old 28 May 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3411616)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes, 14 secs faster than two other Granturas that are usually pushing for class honours. P4 on grid! In the races still faster but retired from both. 4 secs faster in race one (on lap 2) and 3 secs faster in race two than next car in class. I want one like that, but which gets to the finish- or be able to drive like that (and get the car to the finish)!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 28 May 2014 at 05:46. Reason: sp