Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Feb 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4033617)   #451
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Meanwhile, SRO are getting out of the TCR game:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...on-tcr-future/
Never really followed TCR racing in the US so TC America and Michelin Pilot Challenge was always bit confusing for me. Maybe it's better to have one series.

From the article:
Quote:
“BMW’s introduction of the new M2 race car gave us an opportunity to highlight that car in a new TCX class. We expect the M2 to be joined by Audi RS 3 DSG models, and have been in good discussion with a domestic US manufacturer about homologating its new high performance car into the TCX class.
But if I understand correctly TCR cars are still allowed and will be BoP with the other cars in the class. Or is the Audi RS3 DSG different to the Audi RS3 TCR?

Any idea which domestic US manufacturer?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4033626)   #452
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Never really followed TCR racing in the US so TC America and Michelin Pilot Challenge was always bit confusing for me. Maybe it's better to have one series.

From the article:

But if I understand correctly TCR cars are still allowed and will be BoP with the other cars in the class. Or is the Audi RS3 DSG different to the Audi RS3 TCR?

Any idea which domestic US manufacturer?
I guess the DSG TCRs are still allowed, but those cars are getting kinda long in the tooth, so I guess they'll only be around for another year or so.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4033627)   #453
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Michelin Pilot Challenge is more of a endurance series 2 hour 2 driver races.

Whereas TC America was more traditional Touring Car style racing.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4034223)   #454
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And to think that SRO had just gotten the formula right with 3 shorter sprint races per weekend.

The TCR scene in North America is a bit scattered, to say the least. There's close to 100 cars over there, but not even half that are actually actively racing.

Baffles me how they can't manage a proper TCR sprint championship over there, that isn't combined with GT4, or some hodge-podge production class.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4034226)   #455
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In other news, Mattias Andersson has secured a new Lynk&Co 03 for TCR Scandinavia... or is it STCC again?
Old 9 Feb 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4034228)   #456
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
In other news, Mattias Andersson has secured a new Lynk&Co 03 for TCR Scandinavia... or is it STCC again?
STCC TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship is its full name

So its the Scandinavia Touring Car Championship TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship

I would like to see a TCR North America. With proper 20 minutes sprint races. Proper touring cars.
Didn't work last time they tried it however NATCC.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4034238)   #457
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Michelin Pilot Challenge is more of a endurance series 2 hour 2 driver races.

Whereas TC America was more traditional Touring Car style racing.
It confirms I don't really follow it...
I assumed the endurance race during Daytona was a one off event.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4034239)   #458
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
And to think that SRO had just gotten the formula right with 3 shorter sprint races per weekend.

The TCR scene in North America is a bit scattered, to say the least. There's close to 100 cars over there, but not even half that are actually actively racing.

Baffles me how they can't manage a proper TCR sprint championship over there, that isn't combined with GT4, or some hodge-podge production class.
I agree.

Those TCR cars are used for trackdays?
Old 9 Feb 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4034240)   #459
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
From an "old" Honda to one of the best cars on the grid. Big improvement.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4034250)   #460
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He's making a big improvement. He looked quite good in that older Honda, so let's see what he can do with front running car. He has a lot to gain from this move
Old 9 Feb 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4034261)   #461
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Can you do a trackday in the UK in a TCR car? I'd love to drive one.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 23:12 (Ref:4034372)   #462
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
I agree.

Those TCR cars are used for trackdays?
Yeah, pretty much.

Or static display.
Old 9 Feb 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4034373)   #463
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Maybe contact Stewart Lines from TCRUK.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4034441)   #464
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
£3400 a day for an old leon with a £10,000 excess
https://www.rmatrackdays.com/Cars/SEAT-Leon-TCR
Old 10 Feb 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4034452)   #465
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post

Either they have got the wrong picture or tbey don't know that that Leon isnt a TCR car
Old 10 Feb 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4034490)   #466
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Either they have got the wrong picture or tbey don't know that that Leon isnt a TCR car
Former WTCC car?
Old 10 Feb 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4034493)   #467
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Former WTCC car?

Not even that, Seat Leon Supercopa
Old 10 Feb 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4034500)   #468
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Ok

Surprised by the high rental cost.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4034539)   #469
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Ouch, damn. Far more than I have paid in the past. I have done track days in an old F3 and Formula Ford Ecoboost and the price was a fraction of that, granted it was driving on an old airfield which was as bumpy as a recently carpet bombed target.
Old 11 Feb 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4034675)   #470
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AKK Motorsport sporting executive Henri Karjalainen said that Rata-SM are plans to bring a TCR class to Finland, not necessarily next year, but the year 2023 is target. The category has aroused interest, and TCR cars in Finland is about ten.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 02:47 (Ref:4034749)   #471
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Ouch, damn. Far more than I have paid in the past. I have done track days in an old F3 and Formula Ford Ecoboost and the price was a fraction of that, granted it was driving on an old airfield which was as bumpy as a recently carpet bombed target.
TCR cat would be way less than that. They're pretty cheap to run, all things considered.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4048450)   #472
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome, Toyota!
https://www.tcr-series.com/news/item...he-corolla-tcr

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...w-corolla-tcr/
Old 29 Apr 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4048451)   #473
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
A very good entry for TCR Italy this weekend: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...season-opener/
Old 29 Apr 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4048478)   #474
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I assume the car will make it's debut next season.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4089831)   #475
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Corolla TCR: