Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Mar 2000, 23:33 (Ref:2155)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope, was at Willowbank all weekend.

I think you'll find Wayne won the first race and broke down in the following 2. Shame, but i told you all he would win

There is a reason why his car was mostly white, but im not even suppoesed to know, i dont know why i am telling you this..

What happened to Craig Harris's car? A 200km/h crash never sounds good.

"Even though I'm a Holden man through and through it was great to see these cars race in races that weren't as predictable as the V8 Supercars have unfortunately become."
- Amen!! Yes, HRT are heading the way of the Godzila's in 1992, and as a ford boy, it is about time they banned Holdens just like they banned Nissans
(D'oh, shouldnt have said that...)

Anyways, will be interesting to see what attendances will be like at the rest of the rounds...

Old 28 Mar 2000, 09:15 (Ref:2154)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Spent last Sunday at the very first round of the Konica V8 Lites at Eastern Creek and was very impressed. There was some really good racing and also something we don't see lately in the full-blown V8 Supercars, 3 different winners from 3 races.

Can't remember all the drivers names as they are mostly new to me but race 1 went to a Commodore, Race 2 went to the Wakefield Commodore and Race 3 went to Dean Canto in the ex Ford Tickford EL Falcon.

Even though I'm a Holden man through and through it was great to see these cars race in races that weren't as predictable as the V8 Supercars have unfortunately become.

A few of the cars didn't have any or a lot of sponsorship as yet so hopefully that will change over the next few rounds. It was very strange to see plain white V8s roaring around Eastern Creek.

After reading the "Lites field a little light thread" I was expecting a very dull Porsche Cup but was happy to see around 20 Porches racing including at least 5 new GT3s. Which will also hopefully pick up some sponsorship as the series continues and TV coverage kicks in.

All in all it was a good day and I'll definitely be going to the 3rd round at Oran Park later this year.

Oh, and one more thing, the Konica promo girls - oh my god. If I had of had an engagement ring on me I would have proposed to all four of them. These were the most beautiful women I have any seen in my 26 miserable years on this planet.

Did any body else go ?

Cheers Buck
Old 29 Mar 2000, 13:07 (Ref:2156)   #3
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell me Harris didn't crash at turn 1, please?
Old 2 Apr 2000, 13:05 (Ref:2157)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He spun out of turn 9 then backed stright into the path of the field and was heavily t-boned, amazingly he was able to continue on, getting as far as turn 1 where the car just went straight on into the wall, taking at least 2 corners off the thing, he was knocked about but nothing permanent.