Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Apr 2000, 18:12 (Ref:2186)   #1
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC newcomer, Colin Blair has so far languished at the bottom of the time sheets. We are led to believe that he has exactly the same equipment as pace setter Matt Neal, so whats the problem?

The answer is a simple one, Colin has only ever raced in Rear Wheel Drive Cars! Where he was no stranger to the podium.

FWD cars require a very different technique, as Russel Spence found out last year.

Will Colin make it?
Old 5 Apr 2000, 07:58 (Ref:2187)   #2
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I no nothing about him. I presume he has come from scottish club racing
the BTCC is certainly a different ball game by comparison.

He's times have been very poor, I don't know what experience he has of the 'british' circuits - if none - this can only hamper him with the testing ban now in force.

He has been almost 2 secs off the pace at Brands Indy which equates to a massive gap around croft, silverstone or the long oulton circuit. May be as much as 5 seconds or more.

Its inevitable that he will be compared with Matt as they are in the same car. Promotorsport's web site is certainly bullish about their prospects - which may be unwise. They may be putting themselves under too much pressure by running ' the championship winning car' - I guess it goes to show that even if you have the best car available it is no guarantee of success.

Brands on Sunday will be the real test - and its on the GP circuit - whoops !
Old 6 Apr 2000, 21:42 (Ref:2188)   #3
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you would like to find out a little more, why not take a look at my latest article in parc ferme?
http://www.parcferme.com/Articles/269.html