Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2000, 06:49 (Ref:49096)   #1
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Though I don't think more than maybe 3 people Australia wide would have noticed, whilst the V8 Supercars were swimming around Bathurst Channel 7 televised the Mallala round of the Australian Super Tourers.

Don't get me wrong I follow both series but what kind of stupid move was that ?

Channel 7 should just give up and walk away from the series they are helping to self-destruct. SBS could do a better job than this !

Also, while I mentioned above I watch both series, I honestly don't think I'll be watching the Super Tourers anymore. Last year it was excellent watching Morris battle with Richards and Jones but this year it's honestly embarrassing to watch him play with Henderson. After seeing some of the wide moves Morris was pulling in race 2 letting Hendo catch up and then just leaving him for dead again I just stopped the tape and rewound it.

I mean, if I'm playing a computer game and I'm way out in front with no chance of any opposition I get bored and exit the game - why is Morris spending big dollars to do it in real life ?
Old 20 Nov 2000, 10:34 (Ref:49119)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I knew it was on... but meh...don't blame 7. It's in Toca's contract that they show the race on the weekend after the race meeting. No matter what there is going to be a conflict with something, just that this one was as big as you can get...
Old 20 Nov 2000, 11:43 (Ref:49136)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

You are right - I didn't notice. The Bathurst race was very exciting, and the only thing that annoyed me immensely were the commercials around the 3 o'clock mark when they were showing more commercials' time than race time. I thought this was against the law.
Old 20 Nov 2000, 12:53 (Ref:49146)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those...

Anyway, it would have been nice to know at least though I know the results.
Old 20 Nov 2000, 14:32 (Ref:49153)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I flipped over during the ad breaks at bathurst (and there was enough of them wasnt there )..it was strange to do this just like later that night during the news they hshowed a race car dislpay that was on in Sydney..why would you put that on bathurst sunday..jeez a few years ago my kart club cancelled a meeting for a week because of bathurst..thank goodness..i didnt see alot of the super tourers but i did manage to catch Morris and henderson in the mirage series ..now that was some good racing...gave Luffy someone to race against for once.
Old 20 Nov 2000, 23:30 (Ref:49235)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe, and Morris didn't win a race for a change! Wooo Hooo!!
Old 21 Nov 2000, 02:37 (Ref:49265)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But all the other rounds have been screened 2 weeks after the event - this was the first one to be screened a week later.
Old 21 Nov 2000, 02:52 (Ref:49267)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Nono, wasn't Wakefield Park on the weekend after the race? The deal was that the winter rounds would be on the second Wednesday after the race (noth enough time to do the editing/voice overs to air it the Wednesday after the race), but the Summer races are the Sunday after.
Old 21 Nov 2000, 03:05 (Ref:49269)   #9
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
I'm pretty sure Wakefield was screened 2 weeks after. I had a fantastic weekend lined up in a Goulburn spa motel room but came down with a serious sinus infection 3 days before hand and had to cancel.

The infection put me outta commission for 2 weeks and the round was screened on TV just as I was getting better.

Old 21 Nov 2000, 07:52 (Ref:49284)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm afraid I didn't notice, otherwise I could have watched it and doubled the ratings. It's clear Channel 7 have no interest in motor sport and simply don't give a damn.
Old 21 Nov 2000, 08:23 (Ref:49288)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to the rumour mill the Bathurst meeting in March is dead and buried, but I've heard no official announcement. Does anybody know what's happening on that front?

If Improved Production or Historic Touring Cars are on the program, consider me there!!!!!
Old 21 Nov 2000, 10:16 (Ref:49299)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Nope, ST Bathurst 2001 is well and truely dead... channel 7 pulled the plug
Old 21 Nov 2000, 10:44 (Ref:49303)   #13
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, Hiya guys. I'm a newby and this is my first post on this forum.

I was at the Mallala meeting and I actually enjoyed(!!!!) it. The racing between some of the midfielders was quite good. But when I got to work on Monday, my boss told me they were actually showing a few races live on tv. Surely this must of been the Wakefield round. Can any one tell me?
Old 21 Nov 2000, 10:56 (Ref:49307)   #14
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Yes it was Wakefield on that day.

Mallala was shown Sunday while Bathurst was on 10.
Old 25 Nov 2000, 11:05 (Ref:49833)   #15
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I enjoyed going to the meeting at Wakefield Park, so it's not that the events are bad. But if they advertised a little better then people would turn up and watch the broadcast.