Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jan 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2105195)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Argentinian Turismo Carretera

Yesterday I watched a Turismo Carretera race. Large grid (48 cars!), many sponsors, very competative, many spectators.....but why are they using these hideous bodyshells? And why is there besides the driver also a passenger in the car?!

Argentina has great touring car series (TC2000, TRV6, Turismo Carretera).
Old 13 Jan 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2105211)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
.but why are they using these hideous bodyshells?
They're supposed to resemble 70's cars.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2105222)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I got an alert from my Virus scan, when I opened this thread, maybe the adress the pics are from is not save...

Looks like a fun series, though.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 13:29 (Ref:2105232)   #4
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And has their safety taken from 70's too?It's a reall suicide to race there.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2105302)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
They're supposed to resemble 70's cars.
Didn't know that. I get the impression there's some backing from manufacturers (at least Ford), so it's strange why they don't use modern and better looking bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi
And has their safety taken from 70's too?It's a reall suicide to race there.
I watched some movies on Youtube and these tubeframe cars aren't looking very safe.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2105523)   #6
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
I got an alert from my Virus scan, when I opened this thread, maybe the adress the pics are from is not save...
Same here...
Old 13 Jan 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2105544)   #7
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Didn't know about existance of this series, maybe it's a good time to start discussion about Argentinian racing scene? Like TC2000? Looks to me to be very professional series, just like STCC, DTCC, series full of backers and drivers with names, Fontana, Lopez, Altuna, Tuero...
Old 14 Jan 2008, 05:24 (Ref:2105683)   #8
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Asociacion de Corredores de Turismo Carretera (ACTC) has improve a lot in the last two years in safety, is something very unique the way the Argentine motorsport has become during all this years, they are up to date in safety and Tech stuff, but still keeping some things more for tradition and glamour, like the 70's bodyworks, they decide to take out the co-drivers, don't be wrong, this cars are as hi-tech as the TC2000 touring cars that according to FIA one or two years ago was the second best touring car series in the world after WTCC.

TC cars are more related to what the Trans-Am/Solution F type of cars, tubular framed cars with other more modern materials.

the race format is pretty unique, from the saturday qualifying they decide the way the cars will start the qualifying races that the call "SERIES", short races of around 6-7 laps and the "Final", a race of around 45 min to 1 hr.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 06:16 (Ref:2105694)   #9
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
Didn't know about existance of this series, maybe it's a good time to start discussion about Argentinian racing scene? Like TC2000? Looks to me to be very professional series, just like STCC, DTCC, series full of backers and drivers with names, Fontana, Lopez, Altuna, Tuero...
is incredible once you have the chance to see it, at least 3 mayor national range series in Argentina, other national and ragional very big as well , Turismo Carretera which has 60k people at least every weekend, Top Race V6 (like Solution F / V8 Star) , and TC2000 ( full spec Touring cars like WTCC) are not far behind, the curious thing is that a lot of drivers do the 3 series, and the 3 series agreed their calendars to allow drivers to race freely without restriction, for example, Matias Rossi, was 2dn in TC, Champion in TC2000 and runner up in TRV6 on 2007

National series:

Turismo Carretera
TC Pista (TC support series)
Top Race V6
TC2000
Turismo Nacional
Formula Renault 1600 ( TC2000 support series)

Regional Series:

TC Mouras (TC Pista spec cars)
Turismo 4000
GP2000
Turismo Internacional
Turismo Pista
Old 14 Jan 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2105995)   #10
MonkeyMagic
Rookie

MonkeyMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I learned about the TC2000 some weeks ago and was amazed with the cars, specifications and tracks, I guess that was mostly due to good old european ignorance...I found out about the Brazilian series as well with huge 5+ liters V8 but I like the Argentinian series better!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 03:20 (Ref:2106351)   #11
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic
I learned about the TC2000 some weeks ago and was amazed with the cars, specifications and tracks, I guess that was mostly due to good old european ignorance...I found out about the Brazilian series as well with huge 5+ liters V8 but I like the Argentinian series better!
That's the Brazilian Stock Car Series, i specially like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo bodywork they use there, very cool cars, Argentina TRV6 is inspired on this series
Old 17 Jan 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2107953)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EsIzZV1_mZw&feature=related
What. A. Sound.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2108017)   #13
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jroEj0cxQrY&feature=related

Old 17 Jan 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2108078)   #14
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
What engine is in these? I've heard that it's an Inline-6, but it sounds more like a high strung four.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2108180)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Net-Ranger
The Asociacion de Corredores de Turismo Carretera (ACTC) has improve a lot in the last two years in safety, is something very unique the way the Argentine motorsport has become during all this years, they are up to date in safety and Tech stuff, but still keeping some things more for tradition and glamour, like the 70's bodyworks, they decide to take out the co-drivers, don't be wrong, this cars are as hi-tech as the TC2000 touring cars that according to FIA one or two years ago was the second best touring car series in the world after WTCC.

TC cars are more related to what the Trans-Am/Solution F type of cars, tubular framed cars with other more modern materials.

the race format is pretty unique, from the saturday qualifying they decide the way the cars will start the qualifying races that the call "SERIES", short races of around 6-7 laps and the "Final", a race of around 45 min to 1 hr.
I watched the 2007 Balcarce race and there were still 2 people in the car (at least in two cars)
Old 18 Jan 2008, 03:31 (Ref:2108489)   #16
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I watched the 2007 Balcarce race and there were still 2 people in the car (at least in two cars)
Yes indeed, your are right, co-drivers were taken out by round 5, Balcarce was before that...yes it was incredible that on 2007 still that kind of things happen, but fortunatly no more...

other improvements they made by half of the season was the introduction of the impact sidepods, very much like the ones designed for the NASCAR COT and DTM cars, like it appear in both pics :

you can see the difference before they decide to use them:

indeed is a great difference...
Old 18 Jan 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2108585)   #17
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My god, those cars are ugly. But sound and speed and gridsize make up for that. Easily.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2108724)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Honestly, now that they were on circuits, why did they need co-drivers?
Old 18 Jan 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2108887)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Honestly, now that they were on circuits, why did they need co-drivers?
I think it was tradition dating back to the old turismo carretera races in the 1930's.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 19:27 (Ref:2108980)   #20
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I think it was tradition dating back to the old turismo carretera races in the 1930's.
Yeah, but, what purpose would the co-driver serve now?
Old 18 Jan 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2109078)   #21
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Yeah, but, what purpose would the co-driver serve now?
None, just tradition.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2109134)   #22
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Little video for the weekend...

the co-drivers use to be from VIP's (sponsors) to team members that use to play in some cases as an "on-Board" crew chief, etc...but fortunatly that is no more...

check this small videos, an advice...up the volume of your speakers!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoF3...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZMo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABMdmEXosY&NR=1

hope you like it...

nice weelend to all

Last edited by Net-Ranger; 18 Jan 2008 at 23:51.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2109294)   #23
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome sounds and grids, too bad about the truely horrible design that hurts the eyes.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2263955)   #24
KastaRules
Rookie

KastaRules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
My god, those cars are ugly. But sound and speed and gridsize make up for that. Easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Awesome sounds and grids, too bad about the truely horrible design that hurts the eyes.
These are personal opinions, I think the bodies are awesome!!!
Old 5 Aug 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2264048)   #25
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wish i could see some of these races, i have the ACTC game and its awesome, ok its basically an rFactor mod that you pay for but it's great fun. They sound good, the tracks are great, nothing fancy, its like going back 20 years and back to when racing was good