Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2527777)   #1
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2009 Muscle Car Masters

48 entries for Groups A and C. I believe we'll have a split race (Group A only and a separate race for Group C only) again this year on the Saturday afternoon. Sorry I don't have other info on other categories. 48 entries will probably mean 46 turn up, that's going to be a great sight. Now all I've got to do is order the rain and I'll be happy.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2527793)   #2
mullie79
Rookie

mullie79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi David is the white Xe falcon racing or has he put it in moth balls as a couple years ago in the wet it was a good tussle with the Brock hatch back

Go Hard or Go Home

Grant Murray
Old 25 Aug 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2527806)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there helping DrBob for the weekend. It looks like I will be looking after the BMW. :-):-)

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 Aug 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2527831)   #4
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see, Anyone got a A/C entry list?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2527912)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there David! Hopefully you have better luck than last time I saw the car at the Grand Finale!
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2527914)   #6
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullie79 View Post
Hi David is the white Xe falcon racing or has he put it in moth balls as a couple years ago in the wet it was a good tussle with the Brock hatch back
Hi Grant, if you're refering to the Nick Karadimis owned Falcon he had problems with proving the history of the car and was told not to come back with it.
I don't have an entry list but count on the usual suspects as well as the return of Godzilla!!! Terry Ashwood is debuting the rebuilt (again) Winfiled Nissan GTR. I believe DrBob will have possibly 3 enbtries including Seton in either the M3 or the Sierra (looks like we're racing for second place again) perhaps MtPanorama can shed some light on this. Billl Cutler in the Schntzer M3 and Adrian Brady in the 635 as well. I think the Listering Sierra now owned by George Nittis is also running there.
Cheers
David
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2527916)   #7
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
See you there David! Hopefully you have better luck than last time I saw the car at the Grand Finale!
Thanks alfa, we've done a lot of work to prevent that happening again, to the point where we haven't finished lower than second outright in 6 races so far this year. By the way, I'm under no delusions, i'd be very happy to finish in the top 5 at MCM, it's a quality field.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2527920)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Hi Grant, if you're refering to the Nick Karadimis owned Falcon he had problems with proving the history of the car and was told not to come back with it.
I don't have an entry list but count on the usual suspects as well as the return of Godzilla!!! Terry Ashwood is debuting the rebuilt (again) Winfiled Nissan GTR. I believe DrBob will have possibly 3 enbtries including Seton in either the M3 or the Sierra (looks like we're racing for second place again) perhaps MtPanorama can shed some light on this. Billl Cutler in the Schntzer M3 and Adrian Brady in the 635 as well. I think the Listering Sierra now owned by George Nittis is also running there.
Cheers
David
I think Glenn will be in the M3. 1 or maybe 2 ANZ sierras and hopefully the Scotty Taylor GPC commodore.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 Aug 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2527962)   #9
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Seton in an M3, Godzilla returns, looks like we're all racing for third not second as I suggested earlier.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2528022)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be out there, love this event.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2528233)   #11
nkr
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
nkr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi david
your misinformed i was not told anything like that it seems your the same as the rest and have a case of foot in mouth
its more like i will never run that car in historics as there is too much *****ing from the girls
the car has been prooven beyond dougth but its in the legal system for the treatment i got from the people up there
you off all should know better to ask and be sure to keep to facts not fiction
cheers nick
Old 26 Aug 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2528253)   #12
mullie79
Rookie

Hi David
I am confused how car a car be legal for one race then not another as I have seen it in group a/c races in the past ??

Grant Murray
Old 26 Aug 2009, 01:24 (Ref:2528283)   #13
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seton - M3
Dubois - Moffat/ Eggengerger ANZ Sierra RS500
drbob - Taylor/Kennedy Gp C Commodore if ready to race or Rouse/ Moffat ANZ Sierra RS500

Hot laps
Rouse/ Moffat Sierra or Gp C Commodore
Ryan/ Storah (Firesafe)Gp C RX7
Old 26 Aug 2009, 01:46 (Ref:2528288)   #14
mullie79
Rookie

Sorry David i ment how can a car not car a car

Grant Murray
Old 26 Aug 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2528303)   #15
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly, my Bob Holden Group A Corolla is a long, long way from being ready, so I will be there for one last run in my Group Nc Torana.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2528314)   #16
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkr View Post
hi david
your misinformed i was not told anything like that it seems your the same as the rest and have a case of foot in mouth
its more like i will never run that car in historics as there is too much *****ing from the girls
the car has been prooven beyond dougth but its in the legal system for the treatment i got from the people up there
you off all should know better to ask and be sure to keep to facts not fiction
cheers nick
Hi Nick, sorry if I got it wrong, but that's the way I heard it. Seeing as you haven't been back with us for such a long time I thought that confirmed the point. If it's been "proven beyond doubt" I presume you've got an historic log book and will be back with us soon, great news! I look forward to seeing you again.
Regards
David

PS. I can't type, "Listering" should obviously have been "Listerine". Ohh, look at the time, got to go and have my fingers surgically straightened.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:31 (Ref:2528317)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice contribution to the BMW M3 piece in AA this week too Mr Towe
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:53 (Ref:2528320)   #18
nkr
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
Quote:
Hi Nick, sorry if I got it wrong, but that's the way I heard it. Seeing as you haven't been back with us for such a long time I thought that confirmed the point. If it's been "proven beyond doubt" I presume you've got an historic log book and will be back with us soon, great news! I look forward to seeing you again.
Regards
David

PS. I can't type, "Listering" should obviously have been "Listerine". Ohh, look at the time, got to go and have my fingers surgically straightened.
hi david
no i wont be back i have retired from driving and the boys are doing there own thing in saloon car & biante & sport sedan
there also looking forward to there new fg gtp production car jr will use the old xe as a back up car to his sport sedan if he needs it
he has said the only event worth doing is the masters so maybe one day if dont conflict with hes other events
its up to you guys to expand the class now i did my bit in the early 90s and helped to get it to what it is now
cheers
nick
Old 26 Aug 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2528475)   #19
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Nice contribution to the BMW M3 piece in AA this week too Mr Towe
Thanks for the info, I'll have to buy AA tomorrow and have a look
Old 26 Aug 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2528478)   #20
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Seton only racing the BMW?

Or will he have his Ford Capri there too?
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2528502)   #21
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Any help Dr.Bob?
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2528507)   #22
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
hi david
jr will use the old xe as a back up car to his sport sedan if he needs it
But Nick, if you got the Historic log book it would silence the doubters and make the car worth 5 times what it is without one.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2528881)   #23
nkr
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
Quote:
But Nick, if you got the Historic log book it would silence the doubters and make the car worth 5 times what it is without one.
david thats the whole problem your all driven by what your car is worth as i dont care what is worth as i will never part with it along with a few other cars i have
it does have its cat 5 c log book there is no interest to use the car in that class the passion and fun is not there
as for the doubters i could not care what they think
enjoy the masters
cheers
nick
Old 27 Aug 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2528935)   #24
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
thats the whole problem your all driven by what your car is worth as i dont care what is worth as i will never part with it
It is really really refreshing to hear that opinion Nick. In the last couple of years it has seemed many people involved in old race cars are in it for the buck, not the passion.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 04:01 (Ref:2528969)   #25
nkr
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
It is really really refreshing to hear that opinion Nick. In the last couple of years it has seemed many people involved in old race cars are in it for the buck, not the passion.
yes thats correct and because there in it for the bucks theres no passion
and thats what has lead to so much fiting in the class grp c v grp a
my is worth this ect ect
the way i saw it i grew up with these cars and got old with them now my sons have them to enjoy its a shame there not interested to run them in historics because of all that
cheers nick