Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Sep 2009, 04:00 (Ref:2547103)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
I think you'll find that if you visit either JDR or DJR they won't sell you any sponsored gear if your under legal drinking age. Same goes with the small kids clothing, none of it has alcohol sponsorship on it.

From my observations of late, I think the category is doing more for the promotion of responsible drinking than what the two major football codes are doing at present. That's given the behavior of some of the players in media at the present moment.
to even enter the websites of DJR & Bundy Red Racing you have to put in your birthdate. of coarse you can just put in a false date and say your 18 but it does show they are putting messures in place to promote responsable and legal age drinking.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 04:44 (Ref:2547111)   #27
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I grew up watching Winfield and Marlborough cars racing around, yet i don't smoke.......
Same!! Not to mention PJ's, Rothman's, Gauloises and Camel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
to even enter the websites of DJR & Bundy Red Racing you have to put in your birthdate. of coarse you can just put in a false date and say your 18 but it does show they are putting messures in place to promote responsable and legal age drinking.
Even thou you can enter a false date, most kids get scared off by such screens, but there a small percentage of those that are switched on and get in to those site, plus some others whilst there at it.

I do know that Richard Childress came under a bit heat when he first signed up JD. Some of his crew even walk away from the team, them being good Christians, no alcohol and avoiding all things sinful. That's the society that they live in that part of North Carolina. They made a decision, just like everyone else can.