Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3883155)   #3526
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smiley confirmed. As much as it’s not a huge surprise it’s nice to see him staying with the team. Hopefully he can get some more decent results this year.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3883156)   #3527
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As expected, Smiley back with BTC.

Great to see, he really impressed me last year.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3883158)   #3528
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the West Coast rumours are true. A quality team with an excellent STCC heritage.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3883159)   #3529
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
if its a privately owned company (like with bmr) with all the shares held by one person (like with bmr) then of course its a change of owner!

if you owned 100% of a business and you sold all the shares in your business to another person, then your business has changed owner. thats really really simple.
Ok, no problem. I understand you don’t get it.

In your example the business would have changed owner but assets owned by the business wouldn’t.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3883163)   #3530
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
if its a privately owned company (like with bmr) with all the shares held by one person (like with bmr) then of course its a change of owner!

if you owned 100% of a business and you sold all the shares in your business to another person, then your business has changed owner. thats really really simple.
Correct. But the things the business owns like say, a TBL have NOT changed owner, in a purely legal sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
JP at Spirograph Spider Silverline Tesco Petrol Stations KX Academy Momentum Power Maxed Racing with Adrian Flux.

Keep the sign writer busy... 😎
And I for one wish SSSTPSKXAMPMRAF every success.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3883165)   #3531
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Smiley confirmed. As much as it’s not a huge surprise it’s nice to see him staying with the team. Hopefully he can get some more decent results this year.
That was disappointing; there was no mention of wing mirror colour.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3883166)   #3532
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

BMR Racing Limited is a privately limited company (PLTDC), not a privately owned company.
It has it's own legal entity - any contract is with the PLTDC, not the owners.
The TBL's are owned under contract between the PLTDC and TOCA. If an individual who owns one, or all of the shares in a PLTDC, the contracts between that company and any other legal entity still exist.
If Warren Scott sells one, or all of his shares, BMR Racing Limited still own the TBL's so no change of ownership has happened.

I ask the question - how many shares in a company have to change hands before it is considered to be a new company?

If Matt Neal decided to give his sons shares in TD - would that mean the TBL's have changed owner?
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3883167)   #3533
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Ok, no problem. I understand you don’t get it.

In your example the business would have changed owner but assets owned by the business wouldn’t.
no peebee you obviously dont get it. we are talking about a sole shareholder/sole director privately owned company. this is a one-man company. sole shareholder and sole director.

the business and assets are owned by the one person who is the sole shareholder. when he sells his shares in the business then the business and assets has a new owner. what part of that dont you understand?
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3883169)   #3534
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's Sam Tordoffs tbl all over again.

Still, good news about Smiley.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3883170)   #3535
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The TBL's are owned under contract between the PLTDC and TOCA
how do you know the TBL is held by a compnay and not the person?
you dont know what the contract is between toca and the licence holder.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3883171)   #3536
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
The TBL's are owned under contract between the PLTDC and TOCA
how do you know the TBL is held by that company and not a person? it could be held by warren scotts wife.
you dont know what the contract is between toca and their licence holders.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3883173)   #3537
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
how do you know the TBL is held by that company and not a person? it could be held by warren scotts wife.
you dont know what the contract is between toca and their licence holders.
With respect, neither do you
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3883175)   #3538
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
With respect, neither do you
of course i dont!
thats exactly my point, captain obvious.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3883176)   #3539
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
That was disappointing; there was no mention of wing mirror colour.
But we know for sure new investment came from Steve Dudman, and they have moved to a new base in Brackley. For me this suggests Norlin's complete departure.
And the old or new Civic rumour debate can start all over again, alongside Tordoff, BMR wars
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3883179)   #3540
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

the business and assets are owned by the one person who is the sole shareholder. when he sells his shares in the business then the business and assets has a new owner. what part of that dont you understand?
As others have pointed out, the business has a new owner; but the assets/contracts are still owned/in the name of the same company.

There may be 'change of control' clauses or similar that trigger certain actions (e.g. if the ultimate controlling owner changes, then a party is entitled to terminate its contract with that business) but I have no idea that that were to apply for a TBL.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3883182)   #3541
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
how do you know the TBL is held by a compnay and not the person?
you dont know what the contract is between toca and the licence holder.
Because requirement for registering an entry into the BTCC Championship includes holding a TBL. And they only accept entries from companies, not individuals.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3883184)   #3542
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaba View Post
But we know for sure new investment came from Steve Dudman, and they have moved to a new base in Brackley. For me this suggests Norlin's complete departure.
And the old or new Civic rumour debate can start all over again, alongside Tordoff, BMR wars
Dudman Group had their name on the car last year, maybe they’ll be a title sponsor for this season?
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3883188)   #3543
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Because requirement for registering an entry into the BTCC Championship includes holding a TBL. And they only accept entries from companies, not individuals.
i can think of at least two teams that are not private limited companies. in other words, individuals.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3883197)   #3544
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
i can think of at least two teams that are not private limited companies. in other words, individuals.

Who are these individuals?
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3883199)   #3545
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Which of the following are individuals?

Aiden Moffat Racing = AIDEN MOFFAT RACING LTD - Company number SC462772
AmD/Cobra Exhausts = AMD TECHNIK (ESSEX) LIMITED - Company number 02582954
AmD/Trade Price Cars = TRADE PRICE CARS LIMITED - Company number 09902889
BTC Racing = BTC RACING LIMITED - Company number 05594782
Ciceley Motorsport = CICELEY LIMITED - Company number 00365714
Excelr8 Motorsport = EXCELR8 BTCC LIMITED - Company number 11679903
Motorbase Performance = MOTORBASE VEHICLE SERVICES LTD - Company number 08276404
Power Maxed Racing = POWER MAXED RACING LTD - Company number 09312754
Simpson Racing = SIMPSON RACING LIMITED - Company number 09848018
Speedworks Motorsport = SPEEDWORKS MOTORSPORT LIMITED - Company number 04936126
Team Parker Racing = TEAM PARKER RACING LIMITED - Company number 03496434
Team BMR = BMR RACING LIMITED - Company number 09356881
Team Dynamics = TEAM DYNAMICS MOTORSPORT LIMITED - Company number 07193279
Team HARD = TONY GILHAM RACING LIMITED - Company number 07939909
West Surrey Racing = WEST SURREY RACING LIMITED - Company number 02620798
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3883200)   #3546
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It never ceases to amuse me that there are some people on Ten Tenths that seem to have the ability to be able to start an argument in an empty room!
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3883201)   #3547
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
As others have pointed out, the business has a new owner; but the assets/contracts are still owned/in the name of the same company.

There may be 'change of control' clauses or similar that trigger certain actions (e.g. if the ultimate controlling owner changes, then a party is entitled to terminate its contract with that business) but I have no idea that that were to apply for a TBL.
Best not feed the troll...
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3883205)   #3548
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It never ceases to amuse me that there are some people on Ten Tenths that seem to have the ability to be able to start an argument in an empty room!
What else can you do until testing starts? 😄
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3883206)   #3549
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Team HARD = TONY GILHAM RACING LIMITED - Company number 07939909
I think you mean TEAM HARD RACING LIMITED (08827986)

Tony Gilham Racing was dissolved in 2016
Old 11 Feb 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3883208)   #3550
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling TPC's driver announcement on Wednesday may trump anything else announced this week!