Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Mar 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3892047)   #4751
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First video in a series showing how WSR turn a brand new 3 series into a BTCC car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niOM...ature=youtu.be
Old 20 Mar 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3892063)   #4752
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
First video in a series showing how WSR turn a brand new 3 series into a BTCC car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niOM...ature=youtu.be
Always like seeing this kind of stuff. I wish more teams would do these behind the scenes things.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3892090)   #4753
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy_2 View Post
£5-8k a day I was told by a team owner

£500 just for the engineer to be there to start the engine
At least two sets of tyres, two sets of brakes, circuit hire, prep before and after the day, travel to get the car there, personnel to be there on the day, overnight accommodation if not local or two days etc etc
you only pay the 6k circuit hire if its exclusive testing, knockhill on sunday was a general test day so the btcc guys would be paying the same as the club racers which was £125 for the afternoon, the same would have been at croft. there is nothing to stop btcc drivers for joining in at general testing. probably the cheapest part of the day, as for crew accomodation a few teams have motorhomes or in the case of matt simpson a bus with beds and facilities in the artic. still got to feed the guys but you will be surprised how many takeaways will deliver, have seen it happen at knockhill and believe it or not the teams do work together when it comes to scoff. of course the shops dont moan at £300 orders either
Old 20 Mar 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3892094)   #4754
LDM
Rookie

England
SE London / NE Kent
LDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Appologies if this is not the right place to post this (delete if it breaks any rules)

I have a suite within the Brabham-Stewart Building at Brands Hatch this year (a moment of madness / indulgence possibly). If this is of interest to anyone or if you require any further details please get in touch.

There is a facebook page and website (V8-Hospitality.co.uk) if you want to taske a look. Really looking forward to the BTCC rounds in a few weeks. Although it seems I need even less of an excuse to go to the track now.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3892096)   #4755
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with posting it here. Well done on booking a suite, it’s worth it, whatever the reason. I’m sure you’ll get a few guests. Certainly good to put the word out, I’m sure there are plenty of places out there. I too am looking forward to the BTCC round, it promises to be a cracking year
Old 20 Mar 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3892191)   #4756
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s see how many you get. I bet there’s plenty interested. Everyone will be looking forward to a season with great prospects. Have a fair idea of what the running order should look like
Old 21 Mar 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3892414)   #4757
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Are Speedworks going to revise those rear wheel arches, they will be something of a parachute down the straights if they don't streamline them a bit...?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3892426)   #4758
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Are Speedworks going to revise those rear wheel arches, they will be something of a parachute down the straights if they don't streamline them a bit...?
A) Speedworks are knowledgeable enough that if there is an aero issue with the rear arches, then they will do something to rectify it.

B) Looking at other NGTC cars, the profile is not that dissimilar.

Do you really think a fundamental flaw in design would be picked up by posters here before the engineers who are working on the car?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3892463)   #4759
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am sure the team has been waiting for guidance from the Ten Tenths forum having gone to the trouble of making inadequate parts....Imagine how quick it will be when it's fixed...
Old 21 Mar 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3892466)   #4760
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I am sure the team has been waiting for guidance from the Ten Tenths forum having gone to the trouble of making inadequate parts....Imagine how quick it will be when it's fixed...
Well, I think *we've* pointed out to Honda what's been wrong with their Formula One engine, so a simple BTCC car will be a piece of cake!
Old 21 Mar 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3892474)   #4761
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A) Speedworks are knowledgeable enough that if there is an aero issue with the rear arches, then they will do something to rectify it.

Do you really think a fundamental flaw in design would be picked up by posters here before the engineers who are working on the car?
Possibly with the Williams F1 car!!!
Old 21 Mar 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3892476)   #4762
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well, I think *we've* pointed out to Honda what's been wrong with their Formula One engine, so a simple BTCC car will be a piece of cake!
Maybe "we" can sort Brexit..... maybe not
Old 21 Mar 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3892485)   #4763
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

My aero consulting rates are very reasonable. Please get in touch regarding costings.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3892488)   #4764
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My aero consulting rates are very reasonable. Please get in touch regarding costings.
Not really a big fan of aero - how much for a Wispa?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:56 (Ref:3892580)   #4765
S griffin
Veteran

Well aero is limited. Don’t think a Wispa would help!
Old 22 Mar 2019, 07:16 (Ref:3892660)   #4766
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Slip a finger of fudge to TOCA...
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3892714)   #4767
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess with the Toyota they are trying to achieve a desired result, be it more rear downforce or aero balance. The rear wing doesn't do much for downforce and lap time, its apparently good as a balance adjuster. I was reading a study on the A-Class, and when they took of the faux diveplanes at the front, drag went up and rear downforce went up, front downforce increased a very small amount. The new (for 2015 at least) rear bumper decresed downforce and caused the front to produce more, so went both were fitted the car only produce modest gains but the balance moved forward 1%.

Then when it came to the 2016 Subaru in the wind tunnel between rounds 3 and 4, changes to the aero above the front splitter, cooling apertures, rake and the rear inner wheel well made a 2 tenth lap time improvement.

I guess this is why we are starting to see more aggressive wheel arches and sills.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3892730)   #4768
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If the Aero is no good, then Alan Gow could give them a Boost.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3892736)   #4769
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd rather have a double decker.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3892738)   #4770
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rob Austin to be involved (somewhat) with Speedworks this year.

http://www.speedworksmotorsport.com/...s#.XJTpLLhpFPY
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3892749)   #4771
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking at Wikipedia - so some of these numbers may be a little bit off - it doesn't look like the non-Ginetta support package is going to be too exciting this year...

Ginetta Juniors - 25 cars
Ginetta GT4s - 18 cars (8 Pro)

Formula 4 - 13 cars
Carrera Cup - 15 cars (6 Pro)
Clio Cup - 10 cars (!)
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3892753)   #4772
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expected a small Clio grid this year, a lot of teams and drivers will be moving on or looking at Minis, difficult to justify a newcomer coming into Clios when they might as well learn mini challenge for the year
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3892755)   #4773
S griffin
Veteran

Indeed, there’s no point investing your money on something that is not going to continue for one more season
Old 22 Mar 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3892772)   #4774
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Rob Austin to be involved (somewhat) with Speedworks this year.

http://www.speedworksmotorsport.com/...s#.XJTpLLhpFPY
Close Brothers have many fingers in many Motorsport pies. The modern Houseman Dry Lining.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3892805)   #4775
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe Rob will one of the gamechangers at HARD later the season ?

guess no lap times published at Senior Citizen Racing on who was faster ?