Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Sep 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3930472)   #5451
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Cue some blowing the bloody doors off gag.

I like Cainey, nice chap, funny and a pretty good peddler. Be good to see if he can snap at the heels of the sister cars.
It had already happened 😄
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s good to have him back, even if he won’t blow the bloody doors off the opposition!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3930908)   #5452
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well he got some points today
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3930912)   #5453
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the cause for the silly games during safety car
Attached Thumbnails
cols2.jpg  
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3930917)   #5454
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think you haven't been looking at the car closely enough.

The name of their main backer is on the bonnet - and (most of) the rest of their sponsors can be seen here:

Not all sponsors of motorsport need their logo to cover the entire car to be happy with their exposure. Have you seen Ferrari's main backer on their F1 car lately?
Not since it became illegal.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3930951)   #5455
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I never did get the whole barcode thing Ferrari ran when sticking Marlboro stickers on was banned. Williams ran a car that looked like a pack of Rothmans. As did McLaren a car that looked like a pack of Marlboro back in the day. I just don't get the Ferrari thing, never did jump out as "hey, go to the shop and buy some Marlboro fags".

Maybe I just don't get subtle...
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3931034)   #5456
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I always hated smoking and I never once smoked a cigarette because I saw one advertised on a car. With that in mind I never fully understood the demonisation of tobacco advertising, I just dont believe the people see it plastered on a car and then start lighting up. Its a lifestyle choice, not something you decide to start because you like Williams or want to start supporting McLaren by smoking West.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3931042)   #5457
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Ditto.

If I used Brand X I might try Brand Y - but in the case of smokes the smell of other peoples fags was enough to never let one near my cake hole. As for snogging birds who smoked... yuk!

Don't smoke kids. You've all seen JP
Old 30 Sep 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3931043)   #5458
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I always hated smoking and I never once smoked a cigarette because I saw one advertised on a car. With that in mind I never fully understood the demonisation of tobacco advertising, I just dont believe the people see it plastered on a car and then start lighting up. Its a lifestyle choice, not something you decide to start because you like Williams or want to start supporting McLaren by smoking West.
I think that the overall tobacco product (as opposed to specific advertisements) was the 'demon' in that respect. The advertising may not have encouraged people to participate, but more to steer their choice over which product to consume if they were in that market.

Which - getting back to the BTCC topic - is where a lot of BTCC sponsorship sits nowadays.

Duo have been one of the most prominent names in BTCC recently - but how many spectators have gone out and hired/purchased Duo Plant because they saw the name on the side of the car? In reality, what they are aiming for are those people already in the market for Plant, and their involvement with top level Motorsport gives the impression that they are a trusted and high-level company to do business with, and also gives them an opportunity to host and entertain partners of theirs.

The same is true of Dudman and the involvement with BTC Racing. I'm not going to rush out and buy acres of concrete or aggregate because I have seen the Dudman logo on a BTC car. But what I might do - if I am in a position to require aggregate - is to contact Dudman in the first instance as I already know their name. If my involvement with Dudman is extensive enough, I might find myself track side with the team at some point.

This is exactly the reason I spent the day with Team Dynamics at a Race Meeting a number of years ago - my work had resulted in a close involvement with one of Team Dynamics' backers at the time. This led to an invite to spend the day with the team behind the scenes and in the garages. However if anyone saw the car on track that day, they would struggle to spot the company logo we were involved with, but it was still sufficient to generate business for them.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3931083)   #5459
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that the overall tobacco product (as opposed to specific advertisements) was the 'demon' in that respect. The advertising may not have encouraged people to participate, but more to steer their choice over which product to consume if they were in that market.

Which - getting back to the BTCC topic - is where a lot of BTCC sponsorship sits nowadays.

Duo have been one of the most prominent names in BTCC recently - but how many spectators have gone out and hired/purchased Duo Plant because they saw the name on the side of the car? In reality, what they are aiming for are those people already in the market for Plant, and their involvement with top level Motorsport gives the impression that they are a trusted and high-level company to do business with, and also gives them an opportunity to host and entertain partners of theirs.

The same is true of Dudman and the involvement with BTC Racing. I'm not going to rush out and buy acres of concrete or aggregate because I have seen the Dudman logo on a BTC car. But what I might do - if I am in a position to require aggregate - is to contact Dudman in the first instance as I already know their name. If my involvement with Dudman is extensive enough, I might find myself track side with the team at some point.

This is exactly the reason I spent the day with Team Dynamics at a Race Meeting a number of years ago - my work had resulted in a close involvement with one of Team Dynamics' backers at the time. This led to an invite to spend the day with the team behind the scenes and in the garages. However if anyone saw the car on track that day, they would struggle to spot the company logo we were involved with, but it was still sufficient to generate business for them.
Bailing out of a sponsorship before full term probably doesn’t project much of an image....
Old 30 Sep 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3931087)   #5460
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:

A fair point Billy. I've only spoken with Flux, RCIB and Sterling because of their moto racing sponsorship. None of them got my business, but the car stickers generated an enquiry.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3931091)   #5461
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well going back to the tobacco sponsorship i still smoke "WEST" although they are not available in the uk, i have enough people travelling to parts of the world they are cheap to keep me supplied. i had never heard of them before they became the Mclaren main sponsor many years ago.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3931103)   #5462
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What gives me hope for Brands Hatch is that the don't have the enormous weight difference between BMW and Honda like last year.
2018: Turkington 75 kg, Neal 15 kg, Cammish 0 kg
2019: Turkington 54 kg, Cammish 48 kg.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3931236)   #5463
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I never knew what West was, back in my pre internet days. It only 'clicked' when McLaren ran East branded cars at Silverstone... around the time EJ had various names in place of B&H.