Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Dec 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3870819)   #2276
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If they didn't, they both are close enough to Jason to know enough to not go public with such information unless there was a reason to do so.
That was my thinking too. Although it was instigated by a "fan" posting in the first place.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3870824)   #2277
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
That was my thinking too. Although it was instigated by a "fan" posting in the first place.
I cant see James Martin was tagged on the initial tweet, I dont believe he has nothing better to do with his Sunday evening than look for random accounts tweeting @jasonplato

Bit of an odd account really when you look at how infrequently "she" posts and claims to be "BTCC MAD" yet only follows about 6 BTCC related accounts ... of course im sure its all genuine and shes not a plant

Last edited by btccbloke; 17 Dec 2018 at 11:57.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3870825)   #2278
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I cant see James Martin was tagged on the initial tweet, I dont believe he has nothing better to do with his Sunday evening than look for random accounts tweeting @jasonplato

Bit of an odd account really when you look at how infrequently "she" posts and claims to be "BTCC MAD" yet only follows about 6 BTCC related accounts ... im sure its all genuine
The plot thickens! Maybe it'll all come out in 2 weeks time....
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3870826)   #2279
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://twitter.com/PratleyEliza/sta...53064158650368

like I say, she's not a JP Media plant
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3870829)   #2280
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
I've had another thought. We all know his PR minions are on the ball and will stomp down on any negative publicity on forums or social media. For this not to have been acted on after 14 hours and several of his pals getting involved too, it makes it look even more like a bit of tactical PR.

Edit: Ronnie O'Sullivan getting involved too!
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3870832)   #2281
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post

Edit: Ronnie O'Sullivan getting involved too!
Tiff Nedell now too...

So 1 person who in 2 years has only tweeted a handful of times and at that, never with anything interesting, claims to be BTCC Mad but only really follows BMR, randomly decides to search the insolvency register for Warren Scott and within minutes all of Jasons "showbiz" mates are taking to twitter publicly praying it isnt true rather than just sending the man they consider a friend a private whatsapp or text to ask what their plans are for 2019....

.... doesnt add up

Last edited by btccbloke; 17 Dec 2018 at 12:40.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3870833)   #2282
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
I bet Tony Gilham is wetting himself at this.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3870834)   #2283
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tiff Nedell now too...

So 1 person who in 2 years has only tweeted a handful of times and at that, never with anything interesting, claims to be BTCC Mad but only really follows BMR, randomly decides to search the insolvency register for Warren Scott and within minutes all of Jasons "showbiz" mates are taking to twitter praying it isnt true rather than just sending the man they consider a friend a private whatsapp or text to ask what their plans are for 2019....

.... doesnt add up
JP is playing his 2019 plans close to his chest, he’s not shared with some very close associates. Makes me think he’s either going for an all out ‘Boom I’m Back’ type announcement in the New Year or he hasn’t actually got anything sorted and is desperately trying to get a deal done!
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3870835)   #2284
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
its not a faked notice, its drawing attention to it

Too many people tweeting about it now for it to be ignored
I didn't suggest it was faked. Far from it. I was suggesting that as some suggested it was all spin, faking a notice was a bit far to go. The notice is genuine
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:48 (Ref:3870836)   #2285
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
JP is playing his 2019 plans close to his chest, he’s not shared with some very close associates. Makes me think he’s either going for an all out ‘Boom I’m Back’ type announcement in the New Year or he hasn’t actually got anything sorted and is desperately trying to get a deal done!
Close associates who rather than talk to him over a beer all use twitter in an almost orchestrated way to call out his current employers financial state in order to ridicule in front of hundreds of thousands of followers?
Old 17 Dec 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3870840)   #2286
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So 1 person who in 2 years has only tweeted a handful of times and at that, never with anything interesting, claims to be BTCC Mad but only really follows BMR, randomly decides to search the insolvency register for Warren Scott and within minutes all of Jasons "showbiz" mates are taking to twitter publicly praying it isnt true rather than just sending the man they consider a friend a private whatsapp or text to ask what their plans are for 2019....

.... doesnt add up
Also noted that they have a slight interest in the M40 around Oxford - so travel close to JP's home occasionally!
Old 17 Dec 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3870841)   #2287
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Close associates who rather than talk to him over a beer all use twitter in an almost orchestrated way to call out his current employers financial state in order to ridicule in front of hundreds of thousands of followers?
Exactly, if I had a mate or colleague in the same situation I’d send them a message directly rather than stirring it up online. Very odd behaviour.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3870847)   #2288
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
I didn't suggest it was faked. Far from it. I was suggesting that as some suggested it was all spin, faking a notice was a bit far to go. The notice is genuine

point taken, sorry misunderstood your post
Old 17 Dec 2018, 13:49 (Ref:3870848)   #2289
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's a great way to get out of the game, without being seen as 'retiring'.

Whatever happens from this point, Plato will be seen as either desperately unlucky, or a saviour. Keeps his own profile positive, and retains his marketability.

Remember - BTCC thrives on the hero/villain concept, and this puts Scott firmly as the heel to Plato's face.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3870855)   #2290
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warren has 21 days from the date of the order to lodge an appeal, unless he has found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow or there is a serious legal technicality then I can’t see an appeal working.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3870856)   #2291
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Exactly, if I had a mate or colleague in the same situation I’d send them a message directly rather than stirring it up online. Very odd behaviour.
it feels a little like the straw to break the camels back. mr plato is no stranger to shenanigans obviously, but all previous nonsense involving the team owner has been things that aren't in the public domain. without wanting to go all sherlock it does suggest a significant decline in working relationship.

it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds over the next few months. hopefully ash sutton doesn't end up stuck in limbo as a result.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3870857)   #2292
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/motorbase/status...749918208?s=21

By no means solid evidence, but it looks like James Cole's Ticketmaster decals have gone from the front of the Focus whilst others have been left on.

Probably coincidental but why not add to the rumours!
Old 17 Dec 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3870863)   #2293
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/motorbase/status...749918208?s=21

By no means solid evidence, but it looks like James Cole's Ticketmaster decals have gone from the front of the Focus whilst others have been left on.

Probably coincidental but why not add to the rumours!

Looking at 2018 pics, I am struggling to pick out Ticketmaster logos on the ford, however CMD (whatever that was) is gone from that red section
Old 17 Dec 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3870878)   #2294
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Looking at 2018 pics, I am struggling to pick out Ticketmaster logos on the ford, however CMD (whatever that was) is gone from that red section
It's Chas Cole's company https://www.cmpentertainment.com
Old 17 Dec 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3870879)   #2295
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it feels a little like the straw to break the camels back. mr plato is no stranger to shenanigans obviously, but all previous nonsense involving the team owner has been things that aren't in the public domain. without wanting to go all sherlock it does suggest a significant decline in working relationship.

it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds over the next few months. hopefully ash sutton doesn't end up stuck in limbo as a result.
Bit libellous to put the blame on to Jason.
Mr Scott got too big too quickly and couldn'tpay his bills by the looks of it,
It wasn't hard to see that money was an issue,

I personally feel Sorry for Ash Jason and those facing a christmas not getting paid and potentially out of work.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3870881)   #2296
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post

I personally feel Sorry for Ash Jason and those facing a christmas not getting paid and potentially out of work.
Where has JP been blamed for anything?

He's been recognised as being astute at marketing, and brand management. Not seen him being accused of causing any financial woes for anyone though...
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3870883)   #2297
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Where has JP been blamed for anything?

He's been recognised as being astute at marketing, and brand management. Not seen him being accused of causing any financial woes for anyone though...
That I'm not denying but comments like this
"mr plato is no stranger to shenanigans"
come on now,

no need for it.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3870885)   #2298
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

i didn’t put any blame on jason at all. christ knows where you got that from.

as for the shenanigans thing, if you work in motorsport you know shenanigans. he’s been around longer than most on the grid. nothing more. crikey...
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3870886)   #2299
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i didn’t put any blame on jason at all. christ knows where you got that from.
Then why use the word "shenanigans" ?

That is hinting that you think a part in Mr Scotts downfall was Jason,
Old 17 Dec 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3870888)   #2300
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Then why use the word "shenanigans" ?

That is hinting that you think a part in Mr Scotts downfall was Jason,
Not really - more that Jason doesn't say things randomly, he's a shrewd operator and when he says something it's for a reason (eg; "rwd need to be pegged back", "Honda have too much boost" etc. etc.). He knows how to "play the game" - so "shenanigans" covers it quite well I'd have thought.