Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Mar 2000, 11:34 (Ref:2162)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

OK, so who do we know as starters in the lights?? We havent really heard to much, any ideas?
C. Harris
W. Wakefield
D. Natoli
D. Canto
P. Scifleet
S. Emerzidis
G. Wilmington
R. Mork ?
D. Pate
L. Crambrook ?
M. Imrie ?
D. Russell ?
N. Pretty ?
N, Schembri ?
C. Ryman?
D. Miller
A. Heath ?
Anyone else out there? Cancel out any of the above?
Old 9 Mar 2000, 00:10 (Ref:2163)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
20 Eastern Creek Karts Eastern Creek International Karting Raceway Garry Holt
27 Terry Finnigan Racing Team Jarrop Motorsport Phillip Scifleet
30 Harris Racing carsales.com.au Craig Harris
36 Gearbox Motorsport Gearbox Merchandising Neil Schembri
37 The Xerox Shop The Xerox Shop Bill Attard
38 South Pacific Motor Racing South Pacific Motor Racing Peter Field
42 All-Trans Trucks All-Trans Trucks Bill Sieders
45 Dean Canto Racing BMC Software Dean Canto
56 All-Trans Trucks All-Trans Trucks John Falk
61 Halliday Motorsport MTA Group Training Ross Halliday
72 Smith's Trucks Pty Ltd Smith's Trucks Pty Ltd Robert Smith
77 V8 Racing V8 Racing Richard Mork
81 Rowse Motorsport Rowse Motorsport Tim Rowse
84 Miller Racing Air-Liquide Daniel Miller
92 Kendrick Racing PMFM Team PMFM 92.9 Geoff Kendrick
96 John Faulkner Racing Kmart Racing Ryan McLeod
97 Graphic Skills Racing Graphic Skills Racing Wayne Wakefield
127 Riverlea Motorsport Riverlea Motorsport Chris Butler
500 Power Racing Power Racing Alan Heath
TBA Terry Wyhoon Racing Terry Wyhoon Racing Terry Wyhoon
TBA Terry Wyhoon Racing Terry Wyhoon Racing Matthew White
TBA Trevor Crittenden Motorsport Trevor Crittenden Motorsport Daniel Natoli
Old 9 Mar 2000, 00:16 (Ref:2164)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Wayne Wakefield to win by a streak?
(come on, give me one example of someone who could beat him....)
Old 9 Mar 2000, 15:04 (Ref:2165)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Nathan Pretty..would probably run a close second to wakefield and who knows what this young Canto is gonna be like
there are many variables in this class..from age of car to drivers experience and teams experience for that matter.

do you think this will survive at all..remember 1997 when they revived the amscar series and it totally flopped for many different reasons.

I personally am not sure if its a good thing ot=r a bad thing either way its great to see our V8 class so healthy that we have to have a lites series to cater for all the guys who want to run V8's

[This message has been edited by marcus (edited 09 March 2000).]
Old 19 Mar 2000, 11:05 (Ref:2166)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard Christian D'Agostin and Tim Shaw might be having a run, though i think Wayne should win it easily!!!! I think it's also doomed to failure because only us diehard fans will go. The beer swilling boofheads who outnumvber us 20 to 1 will give it a big miss.
Old 20 Mar 2000, 00:03 (Ref:2169)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche Cup has moved to the V8 Lites support program, but the category isn't what it used to be. Most of the top drivers have moved to GT-P, and a number of the backmarkers have moved off too. Unfortunate really as I always enjoyed watching it.
Old 20 Mar 2000, 06:58 (Ref:2167)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who is going to see the V8 Lites at Eastern Creek this weekend ?

There are 2 factors yet which will decide if I'm going or not. The support races - what else is on ? And the weather - it has been raining for like 3 weeks straight here in Sydney and is raining again today (Monday) !

Old 20 Mar 2000, 07:35 (Ref:2168)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
At least it is good to get the bad weather out of the way before the Olympics

But having nobody turn up to Toca events never stopped them. I don't think it will last forever, but so long as decent grids turn up and the tv gets good ratings it will survive. What are the porsche cup cars doing this year? Rumours going around ages ago were that there were going back to the v8's. I think when the super touring thing packs it in, the lites will be better off. Having the commodore cup, porsche cup, mirage series, f holden, f ford and varying degrees of GTP making appearances on the program would make it a lot better. How about having the national sport sedans going around with the lites? The sport sedans would have to be the most under rated class of all. What are the "new auscars" going to do when toca call it quits, will they continue on their own program, or move over to the v8s? (wouldnt that be a laugh and a half...)

You look at the field and you have to say that Wayne should win by a streak. Harris we do well, he has a very good car, and im sure that Woodward engine of his will go well. Pretty should be strong, and McLeod might be a chance in the Faulkner car. Wish i could be there, but i am already at two places at once with the Queensland Raceway state meeting and the dirt touring cars next door...
Old 20 Mar 2000, 14:37 (Ref:2170)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I watched Ryan Mcleod at winton last year in practise and I have to say that guy is a nutter..he was in the falcon GTP car he drove last year and he gave it everything he had..power sliding out of turn one like you wouldnt believe...I thought I was watching Gary McCoy in a car (sorry had to sing gazza's praises again)..I think he will do well because he does have some V8 experience behind him..when his dad ran the Enzed Commodore and has had plenty of racing since then ..time to develop so to speak...but I think he could pull a surprise or two
Old 20 Mar 2000, 22:10 (Ref:2171)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I think the Faulkner car has the potential to be the best car out there (although Phill Laird might have something to say about that, he is a genius..). But McLeod has never really been a front runner, it will be interesting....
Old 25 Mar 2000, 17:34 (Ref:2172)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well it looks like Ryan will be a frontrunner now having taken pole position for tomorrows races from Craig Harris and dean canto matthew white with wayne wakefield down in 5th place.

also bit of news from Nathan Pretty today..he is planning to sell his V8 supercar and most of his Auscars and I believe he also has a NASCAR to try and finance a deal to buy a VT Commodore for the shell series..couldnt get the info out of him to say what VT he has his eye on ..but good luck to him anyway.
Old 2 Apr 2000, 10:34 (Ref:2173)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well i think Wayne showed em who is boss! If only they had a bit more luck on their side, im pretty sure he would have cruised home in the other 2 races. Wayne, David and Phil do it on a shoestring, and i hope the "rumour" i heard that they are getting some editional sponsorship is true. I was surprised how smooth Wayne was, i guess he is usually smooth in the Shaggin, the Commodore Cup car and everything else he has driven, but he is usually sideways as well!
Old 2 Apr 2000, 13:21 (Ref:2174)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's only sideways when he's driving something that doesn't handle. Put him in a good handling car and he keeps it very straight and tidy. What the hell kind of bullshoit was that anyway making him start 6th in race 2, utter **** , the series can not afford to carry on with that sort of mickey mouse nonsense. They don't do it in the shell series they shouldn't do it in lites.
Old 2 Apr 2000, 22:48 (Ref:2175)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I dunno, handicap? theyve got to make the race slightly interesting....just means he has to pass 5 cars...
Old 4 Apr 2000, 13:16 (Ref:2176)   #15
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with DP. This reversed top 6 stuff should stay on the speedway.
Old 4 Apr 2000, 14:57 (Ref:2177)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
the reverse grid thing is a difficult one isnt it...its great for TV and the spectators but im not so sure that the drivers like it that much ..because there is more of a chance at getting involved in a crash...It didnt really make that much difference to the overall result but if it was the top 10 then maybe things would turn out different..Im not sure which way to swing with this as i enjoy seeing fast cars coming through the pack but i know that the drivers dont like it that much.

will this format be used for the rest of the year ???