Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1725419)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Display Suppliers?

Not directly related to motorsport this, but I thought you might be able to help anyway. I have a small, but growing, collection of baseballs which I will be looking to display at some point. Basically everytime I watch a game at a new venue then I will buy a ball with the home teams logo on it. Have anyone seen any form of display unit especially for baseballs?

I am kinda thinking I will make my own by buying a wooden baseball bat, running it through a thicknesser to create a flat edge top and bottom, then drilling holes along the length of the bat to accomodate the balls. I'm not sure if that'll work or not but I think it'll look real good if it did. But I would really like to check out what is available commercially before I did anything.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1725578)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No - never!

However simple, is there anything wrong with just having a display cabinet, even if custom made? However do like the bat idea, too.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1731485)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is a bizarre request Craig!

The bat idea does sound good, but I think you could probably make a really nice cabinet yourself which would look even better IMO.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1731696)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not really *that* bizaare, I hope! No more bizaare than collecting 'little toy cars' as they are referred to...?

I have found a short term solution on [url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300033428797&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020good old eBay[/url] which will allow me to display them nicely until such time as I find a better solution.

I don't really want *just another* display cabinet. If I do get something then I want it to be something different to the two cabinets which I display my cars in, something modern to sit on my glass shelf thingy or something unusual like the bat idea.

If anyone has any other ideas or sees something for sale then I'd love if you could tell me
Old 27 Oct 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1751405)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
A quick snap of the balls ooh err! One day I'll make the bat but I guess I really need to get to see a game at the other 25 MLB ballparks first
Attached Thumbnails
balls.jpg  
Old 27 Oct 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1751411)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And then find a baseball bat 100ft long.
Old 27 Oct 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1751427)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
haha I was thinking multiple bats, but, having said that... a 100' bat would be pretty spectacular. And you CAN buy anything on eBay... I will have a look!!
Old 27 Oct 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1751496)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ha good luck!

Looks good though.