Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jun 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3258098)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or. Dijon Prenois, 14-16 June

Another clash, but for some the charismatic circuit, location and lure of 3 FIA Championships competing sways it! Masters two series, Sportscars and HF1, along with the Lurani FJ make up the 3 FIA champs, strongly supported by HGPCA Pre 61, Pre 66 and Sports Cars, Pre 66 Touring Cars, Gentleman Drivers and other races for later 70s and 80s tintops.

I'm going to support the Juniors with our Iain, and most importantly to make sure that James Owen starts with all gears and at same time as rest of field!

And in HGPCA- Will that jammy bugger Peter Horsman triumph again?

Still time if anyone wants to enter to throw a couple of cars in the back of my truck. Sure it will be a lot of fun and hopefully weather appropriate for the time of year!

Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3258167)   #2
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I'm going to support the Juniors with our Iain, and most importantly to make sure that James Owen starts with all gears and at same time as rest of field!

Really looking forward to this one, proper English Ale is on order, my brother has booked a table at the restaurant we so enjoyed last year, and to cap it all Iain has managed to wedge all the appropriate bits back into the gearbox! FJ will be bbq'ing, with our Motorhome providing the kitchen facilities, on Friday evening.

Look forward to seeing Tenthers there, especially Crew Chief Bell, it so nearly went wrong without you at Brands!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3258182)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dont start !!!! as I have too be honest I would much rather be at Spa."cest la vie".
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3258292)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
the grass is always greener Iain - I'll be at Spa but would have preferred to be at Dijon....
Old 6 Jun 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3258377)   #5
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey guys Spa or Dijon - think yourselves lucky whichever you go to - I'll be at Knockhill !!! And worse still it's bikes not cars
Old 6 Jun 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3258400)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Knockhill eh? Some dream of such luxury. I'll be at Forest Edge kart track, a (not very) converted army parade ground alongside the A303.

We did the GP de etcetc a few years back. Lovely race meeting, stunning location, one of my favourites. Hard pressed to choose which I'd go to Spa or Dijon. Seems really silly to clash two major meetings, but there again it shows the strength of historic racing across the continent if it can support the two events.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3258505)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Spa! {Dijon is still one of the "other" best circuits though}.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3258507)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Has to be Spa! {Dijon is still one of the "other" best circuits though}.
Been there done that two weeks ago! And back in September.......
Old 7 Jun 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3258833)   #9
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, the jammy (v true) bugger doesn't have his 15 ready for Dijon (shame - I would have liked 2x25min races there in it), so sorry not to ba able to have the opportunity to grease your palm. See you there!
Old 7 Jun 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3258869)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Been there done that two weeks ago! And back in September.......

So perhaps one day you'll-------- -----------
Old 7 Jun 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3258895)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Horsman View Post
Mike, the jammy (v true) bugger doesn't have his 15 ready for Dijon. See you there!
Peter, I know it is all down to talent.....

Old 7 Jun 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3258949)   #12
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to do Dijon some day but I'll just have to slum it at Spa this year
Old 8 Jun 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3259338)   #13
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be at Dijon to drive the McLaren M1B. First outing after its winter rebuild.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3259359)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Will be at Dijon to drive the McLaren M1B. First outing after its winter rebuild.

I've packed the ear defenders!
Old 8 Jun 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3259362)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Just stay in front of it Mike,nowhere near so loud.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3260205)   #16
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am driving down Friday from Worcestershire and back Sunday night via Calais and M25, solo in my Skoda Fabia if anyone needs a lift?
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3260238)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
I am driving down Friday from Worcestershire and back Sunday night via Calais and M25, solo in my Skoda Fabia if anyone needs a lift?
That's a fair stint. It's a good 500 miles south of Calais isn't it? Enjoy
Old 10 Jun 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3260398)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
350 from Calais Max. BTW did Wargrave 10 K yesterday. Rubbish 52.30
Old 10 Jun 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3260647)   #19
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
350 from Calais Max. BTW did Wargrave 10 K yesterday. Rubbish 52.30
Thanks Iain! I must have meant KILOMETRES! I knew it was 500 somethings

Well done on the time that was OK given the heat. Quicker than I can manage
Old 11 Jun 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3260799)   #20
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
BTW did Wargrave 10 K yesterday. Rubbish 52.30
Overcome with enthusiasm having broken 25 mins for 5k last weekend, I've just signed up for my first 10k, Sunday 23rd at Hatchlands Park, Guildford (I prefer off-road running). I nearly entered the one at Polesden Lacey, but it had sold out - having looked at the map I'm rather glad ... it's proper hilly!
Old 11 Jun 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3260849)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Tell you what, James and Iain. You two can run round Dijon circuit two or three times and I'll follow on bicycle. Or I may sit on the pitwall with a bottle of Leffe and show you your lap times......

Old 11 Jun 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3261002)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Pitwall and Leffe? sounds like a no brainer Mike,let the youngsters wear themselves out. Bit like the young bull.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3261171)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
On ferry at mid night blooming bell is half way to Dijon just tex me to say if I catch up he will buy breakfast quassons here we come
Old 11 Jun 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3261172)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
B t w Louis can you sneak me a red car pass please promise not to tell anyone
Old 13 Jun 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3261916)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, it's warm, sun is shining and what a fantastic place to be. Even heard a cuckoo calling.......

Junior paddock is up the civilised far end. Come and say hi!