Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 31 May 2007, 13:20 (Ref:1925404)   #1
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magny Cours - French F1 GP

I am going to France next month to attend my first ever Grand Prix . I already have the boat, transfers, hotel and general admin tickets booked up but I'm looking for any advice that anyone could offer.

I know the circuit is in the middle of nowhere but if anyone could offer any constructive advice for nice bars, circuit vantage points etc for an adventurous solo traveller then I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks
Old 31 May 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1925539)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went to Magny Cours for the first GP they held there some years ago. There weren't that many bars in the village of Magny Cours and it's not really within walking distance. For more choice you need to go a little further afield to Nevers, a beautiful town on the banks of the River Loire. But do remember that the French are very strict on drink driving laws.

I camped on the circuit camp site which isn't far off the spectator area overlooking the hairpin. There are some great views from up there.

Hope you enjoy it!
Old 28 Jun 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1948824)   #3
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I'm getting wet this weekend
http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=52

Sheila - I will be located on the hairpin area and I agree should be some amazing views. Drivings not an issue since I'm on an organised trip but going over alone so taking pot luck that I'm going over with a fairly like-minded mob.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1949246)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also going to this, if it rains there will be toys cast!!
Old 28 Jun 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1949262)   #5
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As long as it's dry for Silverstone... some of the fields there are already looking very second hand...
Old 10 Jun 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2224463)   #6
steven prussia
Rookie

steven prussia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Road tolls from Calais.

Hi,
Driving down to Magny Cours for the first time next week does anyone know what the road tolls are likely to be?
Regards,
Steve.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2225115)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
check on www.viamichelin.co.uk - that will give you costs including fuel and tolls.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 08:02 (Ref:2225480)   #8
steven prussia
Rookie

steven prussia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella,
Many thanks,
Steve.