Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 7 Jun 2023, 09:43 (Ref:4160353)   #1001
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Saw this Thing today
It looks like one of those little cars that are made out of foldable cardboard if you know what I mean
Old 7 Jun 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4160359)   #1002
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It looks like one of those little cars that are made out of foldable cardboard if you know what I mean
Maybe, but the 181 was definitely not made of cardboard!
Old 7 Jun 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4160602)   #1003
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something slightly different than the previous

Old 8 Jun 2023, 00:49 (Ref:4160624)   #1004
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Always good to se an estate / station wagon in the US.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4160687)   #1005
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Something slightly different than the previous

Nice! I don't think I have ever seen one of those on the road.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4160768)   #1006
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Slightly different again. The lunch hike spotted an early 70s GMC Long bed flavor, in the phone camera half focused mode.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 20:34 (Ref:4160870)   #1007
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
With nothing in the back it has quite a Red Bull rake.
Those Fords have a twin I-beam front suspension just like an old tractor, so they tend to sag on a fella.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4163367)   #1008
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crane ALERT!

It was around last week and was then just parked up waiting to be picked up.

Just a little one for cleaning windows and maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9459.jpeg   IMG_9476.jpeg  
Old 12 Jun 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4163377)   #1009
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's funny - actually it's not funny at all - but I, like a lot of people, have a fear of heights. I am not good at climbing ladders, etc. and would not, for the life of me under normal circumstances, get in one of those cherry pickers. I have enough trouble watching something on the screen, big or small, like a helicopter or a camera drone flying over a cliff, yet I have no problems getting in a ski chair lift on the mountain and looking down at the ground which might be more than 100 feet below. And last time I went skiing, the chair lift machinery broke down and the absolute stranger sitting next to me and I, plus everyone else before and after us on the lift, were stuck there for nearly two hours.

It's all in the mind,I know, but as I love skiing, the chair lift is often the only way to get up to the top and if you don't do that, then you don't ski. Mind you, I learnt to ski in Norway starting in 1951 at the age of 4 1/2, and back then they didn't have lifts of any kind where I skied, so if you wanted to ski down you first had to climb up either sideways on or in a herringbone style. Whichever, it was bloody hard work and with the short daylight hours in the winter, you only got a few goes downhill.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4163591)   #1010
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And this is why we can never have nice things, yup, that windshield is smashed in and in the driver's vision. Yes, we were at a full stop.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4163592)   #1011
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And now for something a little better, classic GM primer and speed hole flavor
Old 14 Jun 2023, 00:01 (Ref:4163606)   #1012
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw thousands of cool automobiles over the last 36 hours. I'll sift through to find some favs to post. Here's a teaser
Old 14 Jun 2023, 00:05 (Ref:4163608)   #1013
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
NEED!
Old 14 Jun 2023, 09:43 (Ref:4163649)   #1014
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure if you can afford one, there's no reason not to get one Adam. Go on, do it!
Old 15 Jun 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4163821)   #1015
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I saw thousands of cool automobiles over the last 36 hours. I'll sift through to find some favs to post. Here's a teaser
What a beast. What's the engine in that? From the length of the bonnet I assume it's something about 28-30 litres?
Old 15 Jun 2023, 11:19 (Ref:4163830)   #1016
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I mentioned it before but in the early 80s I hired a car through Alamo when we toured around Florida for about 3 1/2 weeks and I eventually ended up with a station wagon not dissimilar in size to that one although it had a wooden structure on the outside.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 11:44 (Ref:4163834)   #1017
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wooden structure or wooden look stickers and some fiberglass bits?
Old 15 Jun 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4163836)   #1018
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a Rambler.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4163843)   #1019
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wooden structure or wooden look stickers and some fiberglass bits?

The American version of this beauty, i.e real, proper wood:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  12.5 KB
Old 15 Jun 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4163928)   #1020
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Dude just cruising with his luggage on the luggage rack cause why not
Old 16 Jun 2023, 00:48 (Ref:4163930)   #1021
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Form follows function, or is it the other way around here?
Old 16 Jun 2023, 00:58 (Ref:4163931)   #1022
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
For me I think it might be too easy to park. Could do with more overhang front and rear.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 02:16 (Ref:4163934)   #1023
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Since we like the Red Plymouth Suburban so much and since I can do this by category, let's start with Wagons. My phone died shortly after this so these are screen shots from Google back up. Hope they come through decent.

Edit - they look pretty terrible but we get the gist....

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 16 Jun 2023 at 02:21.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4163998)   #1024
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I loved the days when you could just chop off the rear and extend it over the trunk and call it a wagon! I guess tops like that today wouldn't pass a crash test, but those cars were so heavy you'd probably not end up on your roof!
Old 16 Jun 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4164027)   #1025
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The first one fo the series of pics is just fa-bu-lous! Thanks, as you phone said its a killer!