Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Apr 2023, 05:29 (Ref:4150910)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Members Meeting

Guess there must be a thread somewhere . I shall be running Duncan in his trusty Alexis HF1. This will be race number 681 in our Formula Junior leaders hands
Old 10 Apr 2023, 06:37 (Ref:4150912)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Good for you - and good luck . I will be making the long haul south on Friday for another weekend of pure self indulgence at my second favourite circuit. It'd be good to se an entry list if anyone has one to hand .
Old 10 Apr 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4150919)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Vos désirs sont des ordres, mylord. May be you can find an answer here:
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...list-revealed/
Old 10 Apr 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4150921)   #4
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Merci beaucoup.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 07:41 (Ref:4150923)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Je vous en prie, mylord, c'est un plaisir transManche! More accurately:

https://www.goodwood.com/globalasset...06.04.2023.pdf
Old 10 Apr 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4150924)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
With no less than thirty L'Tinas entered, the dedicated gird of the Jim Clark Trophy could be the highlight of this meeting. Looking for another free live streaming I always enjoy.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 09:51 (Ref:4150932)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
With no less than thirty L'Tinas entered, the dedicated gird of the Jim Clark Trophy could be the highlight of this meeting. Looking for another free live streaming I always enjoy.
Isnt this the meeting where you have to be a member to access the live stream?

Just looked on the website an it seems that way
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...%20festivities.
Quote:
Welcome to the 80th Members’ Meeting live stream! ...... Uncrowded, intimate and access-all-areas, it is exclusively open to members of the Goodwood Road Racing Club community.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 10:05 (Ref:4150937)   #8
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Isnt this the meeting where you have to be a member to access the live stream?

Just looked on the website an it seems that way
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...%20festivities.
Yes, I seem to recall that was the case last year unfortunately.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 10:53 (Ref:4150942)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Yes, I seem to recall that was the case last year unfortunately.
I just looked back on last years thread, and it seems Saturday was streamed via the GRR Youtube or website last year.... presumably as a tempter for us all to get the wallet out and sign up as members for access to Sunday. So possibly we might have a Saturday stream but not Sunday. Maybe of course they wont be offering on the Saturday this year....

One thing I did notice mention of (in last year's thread) was of "some live on TV4 later." Better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick as they say.

Hopefully it will be on TV4 this year.... with luck a VPN might help me. (I had to move to the UK[virtually] last weekend to be able towatch the Bathurst 6 hour, with was only available free to os people but to watch here on a 12 month contract subscription streaming service)

Maybe someone in Blighty can check their TV Guide re any mention of coverage on TV4 this weekend)
Old 10 Apr 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4150947)   #10
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a quick look - ITV4 on the Saturday indicates it will be live between 2-4pm. Doesn’t appear to be listed for the Sunday. The online guides can be a bit ‘iffy’ so will check again nearer the time.
Old 10 Apr 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4150966)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

That's probably twenty more than existed a couple of years ago!
Old 10 Apr 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4150967)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My thought, Mike H! This morning we were chatting about this subject in F and a bloke said we'll see at least three "categories": one for genuine cars if some of them are remaining, one for heavily modified ones and one for the silhouettes!

EB I dont remember lest year's MM live stream. May be saying you're a Tenther who knows someone who knows another one will be enough? I read somewhere that the Cortinas' race President is Tiff Needell, and we all know Peter Mallett!
Old 10 Apr 2023, 14:57 (Ref:4150976)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

EB I dont remember lest year's MM live stream.
Strange.... you were the one that posted the link in last years thread
Quote:
The link now shows as private video if you click on it btw
Old 10 Apr 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4150984)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha ben voila, on n'est jamais trahi que par ceux que l'on aime!
You should read "I dont remember this streaming being private because I enjoyed it thoroughly"!

As you I've some fun reading old posts, the "official" ones are pure nuggets… The time will come, one day or another! Be warned!
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4151061)   #15
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like an 80MM livestream has been set up by the GRRC on YouTube. Someone at the GRRC has set the wrong date on it though. Says the event starts on April 14th which is Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmS5A_8zdlo
Old 14 Apr 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4151447)   #16
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just spoken to Iain. He's stuck in a queue waiting to be towed into a muddy campsite...
Old 14 Apr 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4151467)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Just spoken to Iain. He's stuck in a queue waiting to be towed into a muddy campsite...
That's what happen when you dont follow the dress code!
Old 14 Apr 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4151476)   #18
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Which cars are Iain running please? I'm there tomorrow looking for a cuppa
Old 14 Apr 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4151480)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Which cars are Iain running please? I'm there tomorrow looking for a cuppa
I shall be running Duncan in his trusty Alexis HF1. This will be race number 681 in our Formula Junior leaders hands
Old 14 Apr 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4151482)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In fact delta told us in his post #1… Dunno about beer brand or electicity for the coffe/tea, sorry about this inconvenient! Hope he's towed out of mud by a Bentaya or Lambo tractor or Velar and not a vulgar Massey-Ferguson… Shocking!
Old 14 Apr 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4151483)   #21
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes, must put my specs on
Old 14 Apr 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4151484)   #22
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In fact delta told us in his post #1… Dunno about beer brand or electicity for the coffe/tea, sorry about this inconvenient! Hope he's towed out of mud by a Bentaya or Lambo tractor or Velar and not a vulgar Massey-Ferguson… Shocking!
I think you have the interpretation of vulgar and the tractors the wrong way round Gerard
Old 14 Apr 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4151489)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Looks like an 80MM livestream has been set up by the GRRC on YouTube. Someone at the GRRC has set the wrong date on it though. Says the event starts on April 14th which is Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmS5A_8zdlo
They have now realised their error and retimed it to Saturday and Sunday from just after 9am starts Goodwood time. Same link as above for the weekend and link within to set email reminder for tomorrow when it goes live.
Old 14 Apr 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4151507)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think you have the interpretation of vulgar and the tractors the wrong way round Gerard
My grand parents were farmers, coming from Flanders to France. The must have was what we call here "petit gris" aka Massey Ferguson, gris is a ref to the color. When you think this model inspired the first Land Rover and the Triumph engines!

Last edited by Gerard C; 14 Apr 2023 at 19:28.
Old 14 Apr 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4151510)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
They have now realised their error
Yes, yes but what about the dress code? Rubber boots with the cord trousers on the boots or in the boots, shakespearean question mythinks! To slip or not to sleep is the dilemma. Wont say about kilts…