Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Apr 2023, 04:14 (Ref:4151571)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I gave up yesterday and went home . Just setting back off . Tony Blackburn on the radio what better way to start a Saturday morning .?
Old 15 Apr 2023, 07:14 (Ref:4151575)   #27
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I gave up yesterday and went home . Just setting back off . Tony Blackburn on the radio what better way to start a Saturday morning .?
You might be disappointed Iain - I think TB is 'off air' this weekend due to illness? Maybe replaced by Johnie Walker so not a bad substitute. Hope you have an enjoyable MM!
Old 15 Apr 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4151577)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Gazza . I do like Johnny as well . Had good result and friendly marshal has put me on hard standing in spectator field . Brought all the T making stuff over to paddock . Another dear friend had just given me two croissants so happy days from here on. I’m running car number 7 in F J if anyone wants to swing by ?
Old 15 Apr 2023, 07:27 (Ref:4151578)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’m running car number 7 in F J if anyone wants to swing by ?
JR see that?
Old 15 Apr 2023, 07:29 (Ref:4151579)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Previous link seems valid. This one should work to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZswPrIvITIM
Tomorrow's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MygtPuVYcc
For JR only, this tomorrow is Sunday 16 Ap…
Old 15 Apr 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4151582)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Emmanuele Pirro on a motorbike!... Yamaha 250 TZ in the Hailwood / Sheene Trophy. On track now. #66
Old 15 Apr 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4151584)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB did your hear the commentator mentioning that some pre-war stuff is much faster on the track than was the land speed record established moons ago? This is GW, man!
Old 15 Apr 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4151585)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The automatic translation from comments to subtitles has been improved and does help. What a good idea at least for foreigners.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4151591)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ric Wood's team gonna be busy refurbishing the blue Capri…
Old 15 Apr 2023, 11:26 (Ref:4151592)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seemed to have pole in the bag already, why he wanted to push that hard, I don't know....
Old 15 Apr 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4151598)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
OK so we got to collecting area and now turned back and qualy now at 3.50
Old 15 Apr 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4151599)   #37
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont disappoint us, Iain. More important, did you find JR who lost his glasses…
Old 15 Apr 2023, 12:27 (Ref:4151600)   #38
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Seemed to have pole in the bag already, why he wanted to push that hard, I don't know....
Yes but you know young drivers…
Not so often you can see an Opel Commodore there.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4151612)   #39
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watching three cars that I cannot recall seeing before (that doesn't mean that I haven't seen them, but I just don't remember) and that is the Lotus 30, the Cobra Roadster and the GT40 Roadster.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4151614)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I remember the last one at GW. Light green?
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4151619)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well done Stuart Hall for a very good 2nd place in that little Chevron
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:13 (Ref:4151622)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They dont stop a car with a bonnet in the wind?
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:15 (Ref:4151623)   #43
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
They dont stop a car with a bonnet in the wind?
Clearly not!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4151624)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Watching three cars that I cannot recall seeing before (that doesn't mean that I haven't seen them, but I just don't remember) and that is the Lotus 30, the Cobra Roadster and the GT40 Roadster.
I've definitely seen the GT40 Roadster before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well done Stuart Hall for a very good 2nd place in that little Chevron
Great drive.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4151628)   #45
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I remember the last one at GW. Light green?

Yes.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4151629)   #46
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've definitely seen the GT40 Roadster before.

Well, two out of three ain't too shabby for a gentleman of my advanced years!
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4151631)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not that its been to Goodwood in the modern era but I can remember John Markey used to race a Lotus 30 in the early '70's backed by Pink Stamps, the 'other' trading stamps everyone used to collect. Green Shield were the more popular one. I last saw the car in maybe 1976 at John's Arian workshop, by which time it was in orange colour and very neglected. IIRC it went to the US soon after.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4151633)   #48
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Emmanuele Pirro on a motorbike!... Yamaha 250 TZ in the Hailwood / Sheene Trophy. On track now. #66
He was supposed to be riding one of my mates Exactweld bikes at the meeting ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Apr 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4151635)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
He was supposed to be riding one of my mates Exactweld bikes at the meeting ?
Yeah he was all done up in racing leathers in the collection area, was interviewed and talking of how he had tested the bike and was looking forward to it. I saw the bike (an all red #66) go out on track but very soon he seemed to be having issues and looked as if he was going to stop. Just checked the qualy results and he was last with just 2 laps showing so guess he did stop. I didnt see him in the race.

Results of qualy:
https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=G...1565qu1hai.pdf

Edit: Just looked at the race 1 results and he shows as a DNS
https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=G...1565rc1hai.pdf

Hopefully whatever the issue they get it sorted overnight.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4151636)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Yes.
As you I dont remember many Cobras in pure roadster style, they all have a hardtop, either normal or Le Mans style.