Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 May 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4157639)   #1
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Historic Festival Brands Hatch GP 27&28 May

Details of event at link below. Some excellent grids, especially pre66 saloons, Gentleman Drivers and Historic F1, others not so well supported. Additionally, HRDC 70s Touring Cars on Sunday - haven’t been able to locate entry list.
It will be my first visit to this circuit, so any guidance regarding good photo locations will be appreciated.

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...ic-festival-3/
Old 23 May 2023, 20:45 (Ref:4157646)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Details of event at link below. Some excellent grids, especially pre66 saloons, Gentleman Drivers and Historic F1, others not so well supported. Additionally, HRDC 70s Touring Cars on Sunday - haven’t been able to locate entry list.
It will be my first visit to this circuit, so any guidance regarding good photo locations will be appreciated.

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...ic-festival-3/
Would have been nice to see a few more 'exquisite cars, not sure where all the Cobras and E Types have gone off late.

Regarding photos the run up too Druids on the outside is good, the whole area of Druids and Graham Hill is pretty good, GP Circuit wise ofc most of it is all fenced, Pilgrims drop just before you get to Hawthorns is nice along with Clearways when they reenter the Indy circuit.

Enjoy ur weekend

Check up on the MSVR website a bit nearer the event as the full entry is up on there nearer the time!
Old 23 May 2023, 21:13 (Ref:4157651)   #3
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's the link to the full entries as of Monday night,

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...or-website.pdf

Gentlemen Drivers = 35
Endurance Legends = 13
GT Trophy = 9
F1 = 18
Sports Car Legends = 15
Pre-66 Touring Cars = 41

Nice to see the F1 grid back up again, tho Gt Trophy not even in double figures is a worry. Cant make it this year due to work tho if im lucky might get down for the Friday test day, fingers crossed!
Old 24 May 2023, 08:54 (Ref:4157687)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Regarding photos the run up too Druids on the outside is good, the whole area of Druids and Graham Hill is pretty good, GP Circuit wise ofc most of it is all fenced, Pilgrims drop just before you get to Hawthorns is nice along with Clearways when they reenter the Indy circuit.
You can get some nice shots of the cars heading towards you coming out of Stirlings back to Clearways at the bridge where the marshals/medics park.
Old 24 May 2023, 16:54 (Ref:4157772)   #5
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for the advice regarding photos.

HRDC Gerry Marshall Trophy race on Sunday has 36 cars, should be great.
Old 24 May 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4157780)   #6
scott fisher
Rookie

scott fisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are going with the Lec f1 car hoping for a great weekend at Brands ,
Weather looks great
Old 24 May 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4157782)   #7
scott fisher
Rookie

We’re in garage 2
Old 24 May 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4157824)   #8
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott fisher View Post
We are going with the Lec f1 car hoping for a great weekend at Brands ,
Weather looks great
The replica or unraced in period car?
Old 25 May 2023, 04:47 (Ref:4157836)   #9
scott fisher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
It’s the car built by WDK using the few salvageable parts from the first chassis,the second car is in the USA hopefully we can get the two together sometime
Old 25 May 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4157897)   #10
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
It’s the car built by WDK using the few salvageable parts from the first chassis,the second car is in the USA hopefully we can get the two together sometime
My understanding from talking to someone involved with the resurrection of the car is nothing was salvageable. The two cars ran together at the Silverstone Classic a few years ago.
Old 25 May 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4157965)   #11
9203RW
Rookie

9203RW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
By 'unraced in period car', do you mean the car that Purley drove in two Aurora races in 1979?
Old 25 May 2023, 18:55 (Ref:4157985)   #12
scott fisher
Rookie

Yes that’s exactly the other car,which Daviid drove in aurora,I have a list of the few parts that got transplanted onto the new chassis,not many but which 70,s car is totally original I’m sure our previous 761 march had a load of identities
Old 25 May 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4157986)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wasnt the first chassis on display at the Donington Grand Prix collection for a few years, as part of a display highlighting the work of Marshals?
Old 25 May 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4157987)   #14
scott fisher
Rookie

Yes we’ve got the original chasss
It’s a miracle how david survived rhe impact
Amazing
Old 25 May 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4157989)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes we’ve got the original chasss
It’s a miracle how david survived rhe impact
Amazing
I think that was part of the point. ISTR a sign explaining that David survived a 170mph impact.
Old 25 May 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4157993)   #16
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9203RW View Post
By 'unraced in period car', do you mean the car that Purley drove in two Aurora races in 1979?
Thanks for the correction forgot about those 2 races.
Old 26 May 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4158111)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I would have gone up there this weekend to have a look, also I was offered a couple of decent hospitality suite tickets free. However it would have meant flying back from Spain for a few days or so.
I think I can cope sitting in the local beach bar
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 May 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4158244)   #18
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I would have gone up there this weekend to have a look, also I was offered a couple of decent hospitality suite tickets free. However it would have meant flying back from Spain for a few days or so.
I think I can cope sitting in the local beach bar
I think its far drier/warmer in uk rignt now. Got home on wednesday from a very soggy spain
Old 27 May 2023, 22:20 (Ref:4158245)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
I think its far drier/warmer in uk rignt now. Got home on wednesday from a very soggy spain
What part was you in ? we are down in Mojacar and have been down here on and off for 50 years and have seen the best and worst that can be thrown at us. Last Monday was the worst that we have had for 12 years and within 2/3 hours it caused mayhem.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 May 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4158262)   #20
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The BBC reported flooding problems near Murcia city, Gordon.
Old 28 May 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4158295)   #21
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not had a chance to get down to Brands this weekend for the main event, but did manage to get down there on Friday for the test day and heres my vid from the days track action for anyone who interested:

https://youtu.be/DMwgSsnMDBI
Old 28 May 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4158601)   #22
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a nice little event!

Good to see a little revival this year for the F1. Endurance Legends as a series just hasn't really worked given the initial excitement. Pre 66 grids as always deliver at a track so suited for them!

The event isn't what is was but the charm of Brands in the sun is something else!
Old 29 May 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4158700)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed the day, although the "moderns" were a bit thin on the ground. Good crowd though who witnessed at least two excellent touring car races. The Pre 66s put on a good show, but, and I may be biased, the HRDC Gerry Marshall Trophy was spectacular. Rovers and Capris drifting through Paddock on the limit were well worth staying on to watch.
Old 30 May 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4158814)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Took a few pictures, a bit generic since I'm looking over the fencing.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAFM9C and https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAFRna
Old 30 May 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4158829)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I enjoyed the day, although the "moderns" were a bit thin on the ground. Good crowd though who witnessed at least two excellent touring car races. The Pre 66s put on a good show, but, and I may be biased, the HRDC Gerry Marshall Trophy was spectacular. Rovers and Capris drifting through Paddock on the limit were well worth staying on to watch.
I went on Sunday - quite a good day of racing as you say. Highlight for me was the F1 (the sight and sound of those is always special). Gerry Marshall trophy was good fun too, a good mix of machinery there. Pre 66's were good - maybe lacking some of the variety of old? Could just be my perception - maybe it's the hordes of Cortinas.

The new GT grid was pretty small - I'm not sure that warrants a place on the bill here yet, those cars still have other homes that they can race in. The endurance legends grid wasn't huge either - but those cars do get a free pass on that front because they're just spectacular to watch around the GP circuit. Shame that damage and reliability thinned them out further for the second race. Also the inclusion of GT3 cars (or car ) seems odd -again they still have places to race. Having said that if someone brought out one of the Morgan GT3 cars for this I wouldn't be complaining.