Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jun 2023, 08:00 (Ref:4160956)   #126
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Or the others could put there backs into it - just a thought
If everyone ups their game you still have the same issue of people not being able to overtake at a track like Thruxton just the procession is a bit faster.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 08:03 (Ref:4160959)   #127
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
If everyone ups their game you still have the same issue of people not being able to overtake at a track like Thruxton just the procession is a bit faster.
That's true - which is why I'm not fully following the argument about simply mixing up the grid order.

If being able to pass is the problem, then a reverse grid will just swap the order of the procession around?
Old 9 Jun 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4160970)   #128
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well R3 showed reverse grids don't always work. So it's a bit of a moot point. Anyway we should hopefully get better racing at Oulton next
Old 11 Jun 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4163233)   #129
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
With reference to Sutton's 12th place in R3, a thought occurred to me whether he and the team actually chose not to push too much and so try to climb up the order. He knew that staying where he was meant that he would still finish the day leading the championship, but, more importantly, would give less ammunition to others to moan about his ability and so demand that his or all the Fords should be pegged back.

I'm not saying that that is what happened, but it really wouldn't surprise me in the least.

He had aero wash Mike like everyone else but keep going , you got anymore conspiracy theories to share ?
Old 12 Jun 2023, 09:01 (Ref:4163297)   #130
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
He had aero wash Mike like everyone else but keep going , you got anymore conspiracy theories to share ?
To be honest the thought crossed my mind too. I don't think its a conspiracy theory, I'd say it was more a thought based on Touring Car Team Tactics, something ALL of the top teams are fully on top of.
(I am also trying to keep my reply a little more respectful).
Old 15 Jun 2023, 06:12 (Ref:4163797)   #131
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well R3 showed reverse grids don't always work. So it's a bit of a moot point. Anyway we should hopefully get better racing at Oulton next
I wouldn;t bet on it. ulton hardly produces exciting races on a regular basis
Old 15 Jun 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4163875)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
I wouldn;t bet on it. ulton hardly produces exciting races on a regular basis
I disagree, we usually have plenty of close battles through the field