Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jun 2023, 22:48 (Ref:4160894)   #1
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Gen 3 progress

DJR.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/07...-free-qr-test/
Old 8 Jun 2023, 22:51 (Ref:4160895)   #2
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Edwards hopeful.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/08...rity-band-aid/
Old 9 Jun 2023, 11:09 (Ref:4160984)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the success on track at LeMans fog the NASCAR Garage 56 entry, just imagine what would have been said of a Red Bull Chevrolet Camaro Gen3 with a VanGisbergen/Feeney/Whincup/Stanaway driving line up.

That Hendricks car is making everyone else look silly…

Would have been nice for an Australian package to have done it instead.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Jun 2023, 22:47 (Ref:4161136)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
With the success on track at LeMans fog the NASCAR Garage 56 entry, just imagine what would have been said of a Red Bull Chevrolet Camaro Gen3 with a VanGisbergen/Feeney/Whincup/Stanaway driving line up.

That Hendricks car is making everyone else look silly…

Would have been nice for an Australian package to have done it instead.
Was thinking the same thing yesterday as I watched on-board from the old girl lapping Le Mans - although a Gen 3 would likely be slower than a Gen 2. Some kind of hybrid would be cool though, which of course is what the Garage 56 car is.

Thought is was really funny that the pre-event drivers briefing agreed to show the white flag for the Garage 56 car in the expectation that it would be really slow, yet it is actually quicker than all the GT cars. Bit of Euro-snobbery put back in its place, which is no bad thing.

I expect that race pace and efficiency might tell a different story but so far, the car is generating a great Le Mans story.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 05:19 (Ref:4161164)   #5
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be really good if the supposed big 2 Ford teams can put up a real fight against 888 and Erebus.

I do not think any of the drivers in the top 4 Fords are right at the top anymore - Waters probably the best but he's really erratic.

ADP should be up there but somehow being at DJR has dulled him.

Will and Courtney are past their best.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4161182)   #6
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
New Mustang engine map for Hidden Valley.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/10...rs-engine-map/
Old 14 Jun 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4163672)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Was thinking the same thing yesterday as I watched on-board from the old girl lapping Le Mans - although a Gen 3 would likely be slower than a Gen 2. Some kind of hybrid would be cool though, which of course is what the Garage 56 car is.

Thought is was really funny that the pre-event drivers briefing agreed to show the white flag for the Garage 56 car in the expectation that it would be really slow, yet it is actually quicker than all the GT cars. Bit of Euro-snobbery put back in its place, which is no bad thing.

I expect that race pace and efficiency might tell a different story but so far, the car is generating a great Le Mans story.
Front page of AA this week suggests Mr Adderton is looking to run his 888-built V8Supercar Gen3 in the 2024 Le Mans 24 hour…

Art imitates life imitating art…
Old 15 Jun 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4163902)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Front page of AA this week suggests Mr Adderton is looking to run his 888-built V8Supercar Gen3 in the 2024 Le Mans 24 hour…

Art imitates life imitating art…
From ACO's perspective this makes no sense.

If he wants to race at Le Mans he can better become a Corvette GT3 customer, race in ALMS and qualify for the 24h race.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4163910)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adderton is nothing but a blowhard l, why is AA giving him free publicity?
Old 16 Jun 2023, 05:05 (Ref:4163943)   #10
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Adderton is nothing but a blowhard l, why is AA giving him free publicity?
A blowhard that is happy to spend money on the sport we love over nearly 30 years.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 05:08 (Ref:4163944)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
A blowhard that is happy to spend money on the sport we love over nearly 30 years.
Supporting young talent like James Courtney and single handedly causing the end of Garth Tanders career and the closure of GRM?

Good value to me?
Old 17 Jun 2023, 00:44 (Ref:4164069)   #12
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Supporting young talent like James Courtney and single handedly causing the end of Garth Tanders career and the closure of GRM?

Good value to me?
But none of those make him a blowhard.

And Tander continues in the sport including winning Bathurst after his career apparently ended.

And GRM is alive and well.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 02:45 (Ref:4164075)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
But none of those make him a blowhard.
You could literally write a book with the bullshit he says and never does.

Just free advertising and more fiction for Auto Fiction.

As for 30 years of pumping money into the sport?

Win ASTC while he owned the series and the team

Did nothing for 20 years

Sponsors some cars and races while throwing toys out of the cot for most of 10 years.
Old 18 Jun 2023, 09:53 (Ref:4164329)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Back to the conversation about Gen3 for a moment..

When will the technical brainstrust at V8Supercar place an engine at Walkinshaw for Dr Higgins to evaluate & redesign configuration and mapping of the Ford engine?

The almost chooklotto approach to dumping new and ‘improved’ engine maps in cars without on track testing surely cannot continue..
Old 18 Jun 2023, 21:16 (Ref:4164522)   #15
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After 15 races, I don't know how Supercars can be happy with the progress of the new car.

From the first test at SMP, there was an issue with the Ford. As much as Barry Ryan said all the Ford teams were sandbagging.

When are they going to wake up and fix this issue. Its a joke..
Old 18 Jun 2023, 22:29 (Ref:4164532)   #16
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it is and it's getting worse and worse I fear. Ok, Ford teams may not be doing the best job possible, that's likely. DJR slump is something I expected, the same as Tickford and WAU being too inconsistent to think of really challenging Triple 8 for the championship. But for DJR to have such a steep slump and Tickford and WAU being very rarely in a frame to fight for a podium? That's quite surprising, given the likes of Team 18 and Matt Stone Racing have victories while PremiAir very consistent top 10 finishes. Ok, they might've done a good job over the winter (or summer I should say) and fair play to them but this feels somehow peculiar that all Chevrolet teams seem to have an uptick in performance (well, except for Triple 8 actually) while all Ford teams have some sort of slump in performance.
Supercars is on a good path to lose Ford and with it there might be a big struggle for the championship's survival. All of that is really worrying.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 00:28 (Ref:4164543)   #17
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly, a one make series is the only practical option for Australia's premier category moving forward.

I mean, the proof is in the pudding. Wether the cars are equal or not is irrelevant - the perception of inequality is all it takes for the rot to set. Due to the inherit competitive nature of the sport, teams are always going to use/abuse parity and the series itself appears incompetent enough to give weight to these claims, true or not.

I just want to watch cars go fast, don't care if they're all the same.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 00:54 (Ref:4164546)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So the Ford teams.. complained about engine power and power delivery
Mr Grove is now saying the aero is crap

Is it one or other? Or both?
Does anybody know… the Ford teams seem to be unclear.
And the series controllers seem to have lost their tongue..

It might suggest choosing a different Ford homologation team next time round could be of benefit.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 01:13 (Ref:4164547)   #19
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cam proved them wrong until the disaster happened
Old 19 Jun 2023, 05:45 (Ref:4164557)   #20
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Best thing for Ford to do is to get out of supercars altogether and concentrate on GT3, GT4 and production cars, technical parity does not work.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 22:58 (Ref:4164713)   #21
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
DJR boss calls for urgent parity action

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/19...parity-action/
Old 19 Jun 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4164717)   #22
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Percat: Mustang ‘not even close’ to Camaro

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/18...ose-to-camaro/
Old 20 Jun 2023, 06:44 (Ref:4164734)   #23
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't the 2019 parity changes to the Mustang made in April of that year?

I remember that "car" (ie.Scotty) being similar in dominance, results wise anyway
Old 20 Jun 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4164736)   #24
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Whincup steadfast in Supercars parity stance

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/06/20...parity-stance/
Old 20 Jun 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4164742)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Percat: Mustang ‘not even close’ to Camaro
Percat: 'not even close' to his teammate - seeks excuse.