Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3963318)   #101
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No idea, although the Signatech guys were trying to find a way to get Alpine into the top class. This would be a fairly easy way to do that before taking the plunge with LMDh.
Provided the BoP stacks up.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 22:11 (Ref:3970160)   #102
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ludicrous 15 minutes of warm-up (meaning that the session is pretty much immediately cancelled once single car runs off) which also now happens earlier, no public scrutineering, and the previously announced nonsense hyperbole sessions still there among other weirdly timed happenings. What a treat, it's like they're trying to find the worst possible timetable they possibly can
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ed-to-circuit/

Edit: sorry this was for the 2019-20 thread, move please

Last edited by Deleted; 11 Apr 2020 at 22:17.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3996252)   #103
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thread bump!

The 2021 season is expected to have 6 races from March to November.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...2021-calendar/
Old 18 Aug 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3996277)   #104
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So those 6 races will probably be...

Le Mans
Spa
Silverstone
Bahrain
Fuji
Sebring/COTA/Interlagos?

Unless the plague is still with us and the FIA scrap their 3 continents requirement for a world championship and we end up with two ELMS's.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3996282)   #105
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Silverstone will be dropped for China. They've been doing their best to get rid of it anyway.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3996295)   #106
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely plan A is

March- Sebring 1000mil
May- Spa 6h
Jun- Le Mans 24h
Aug- Silverstone 6h
Oct- Fuji 6h
Nov- Bahrain 8h

And plan B is

April- Monza/Ricard/Silverstone/Spa
May- Monza/Ricard/Silverstone/Spa
Jun- Le Mans
Aug- Monza/Ricard/Silverstone
Oct- Fuji/Bahrain/Shanghai/Monza/Ricard
Nov- Fuji/Bahrain/Shanghai/whatever-in-America

Last edited by Deleted; 18 Aug 2020 at 20:28.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3996307)   #107
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
due cost saving for lmp2/gtam team, I think there will be just 1 extra european round, so I image this kind of calendar:

monza mid april
spa early may
le mans mid june
barcelona mid july
silverstone late august
fuji mid october

with european rounds weekend, but le mans, shared with ELMS.
For the reason of above to me will be extremely unlikely a logistic effort round trip to and from sebring by the sea.

I would change fuji with shanghai or bahrain as alternatives, but it's unlikely toyota would drop his home race for the hypercar debut season.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 23:15 (Ref:3996330)   #108
Deleted
Veteran

I don't think they're sharing anything with ELMS, as just recently shown by separate back to back weekends on same circuit at Spa. The same ill logic has also been used by ASLMS in recent years. I guess the gentlemen driver teams want to have weekend dedicated to them rather than being relegated to support race status (or "worse" yet, integrated to the WEC)
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:01 (Ref:3996493)   #109
zipper
Rookie

zipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the gentleman driver teams really that much hassle that they should be sectioned off? I think they add colour to the races. Sure, it's not like anyone here can go and soup up a regular car and take it to Le Mans but there's a history of amateur racing that'd be sad to relegate out. If I wanted to watch pro racing completely dominated by money I'd watch F1.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3997631)   #110
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Of course I'd prefer Silversone over China. But you know about manufacturers and sponsors.

Now, amateurs who don't want to travel far can enter the European Le Mans Series. It wouldn't surprise me the least if the FIA WEC has just two rounds in Europe.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3997717)   #111
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i will go to le mans, spa and silverstone if they are on and i am allowed to attend, fingers crossed
Old 10 Sep 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4001412)   #112
peetleouf
Rookie

France
Drôme
peetleouf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alpine in LMP1 in 2021 with a rebadged Rebellion R13

https://www.autohebdo.fr/wec/actuali...21-212957.html
Old 10 Sep 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4001428)   #113
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the Rebellion LMP1 and Alpine LMP2 are both Oreca 07 tubs, so makes sense.

Also, the Gibson 4.5 V8 in the Rebellion is a bored out LMP2 engine with a fuel flow meter instead of an air restrictor.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 15:58 (Ref:4001452)   #114
Mike E
Veteran

It will be good to have another car on the grid even if it is a strangled LMP1.
LMH/LMDh minimum weight is 214kg higher than the Rebellion's weight at LM this year. They can add a bit of weight but not that much so it will take some serious fuel flow or inlet restrictor limits to peg them back.
They should be able to run in a very low stress spec and the car is reliable already.

Presumably they don't intend to do this for just a single year. LMDh next?
Old 10 Sep 2020, 16:06 (Ref:4001458)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It will be good to have another car on the grid even if it is a strangled LMP1.

LMH/LMDh minimum weight is 214kg higher than the Rebellion's weight at LM this year. They can add a bit of weight but not that much so it will take some serious fuel flow or inlet restrictor limits to peg them back.

They should be able to run in a very low stress spec and the car is reliable already.

Presumably they don't intend to do this for just a single year. LMDh next?
That's what it sounds like to me. Wondering how they're get the LMDh approval. Will they have to run in IMSA as well or will they build to the rules and get an ACO approval?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4003562)   #116
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Next years calendar. No UK round https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/13...049489408?s=20

13-14 March: Pre-Season Test (Sebring)
19 March: 1000 Miles of Sebring
1 May: 6 Hours of Spa
12/13 June: 24 Hours of Le Mans
18 July: 6 Hours Monza
26 September: 6 Hours of Fuji
20 November: 6 Hours of Bahrain

Seems more and more international championships are deciding to swerve the UK these days. So much for "Global Britain"
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:16 (Ref:4003572)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I hope that is not a final list, ok will do spa and le mans if i am allowed but silverstone is always a nice easy to do race for us in the uk
Old 18 Sep 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4003604)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And if nothing changes in international travel, Sebring could be moved to a 6 hour race in Europe so there's still that chance.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:02 (Ref:4003615)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Disappointing....
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:41 (Ref:4003625)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well we can all hope that we get to see the new cars in the uk
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:15 (Ref:4003643)   #121
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I hope that is not a final list, ok will do spa and le mans if i am allowed but silverstone is always a nice easy to do race for us in the uk

Having listen to the ACO conference, I understood that Silverstone might be the contigency plan if the situation in US is not good for a Covid point of view
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:10 (Ref:4003652)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
Having listen to the ACO conference, I understood that Silverstone might be the contigency plan if the situation in US is not good for a Covid point of view
That was what it sounded like to me as well, even in the press articles as well.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 01:09 (Ref:4003709)   #123
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
You are disappointed. Imagine myself wondering if they would come at least to Brazil not to have it that far...
Old 19 Sep 2020, 13:25 (Ref:4003905)   #124
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course Silverstone is dropped. They've spent years trying to get rid of it, even when their own surveys said people wanted it back.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4003958)   #125
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
With 6 races, one of which is Le Mans and one of which was certain to be Spa, there is only one more European slot and it cannot be a surprise that Monza was chosen over Silverstone. I'd have made the same choice tbh.