Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Feb 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4035882)   #1081
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Le Castellet by PA having lead in the wing, may be Tour Auto welcoming a large majority of French or Continental teams will be held on date. I wonder about what is called GP de France, now… No Brits, no nothing or barely. Cant imagine such an event with only twenty HFF, fifteen F3/FR Turbo, two dogs, one hence and three cats…
Moralité? Messieurs les Anglais restez chez vous en sécurité, vous avez absolument tout: la culture, l'expérience, les voitures, les pièces, les préparateurs, les propriétaires, les pilotes, les pistes et… l'argent! And the fighting spirit.
"J'vais le renvoyer tout droit à la maison mère, le gugusse de Montauban, au terminus des prétentieux! Moi quand on m'en fait trop, j'correctionne plus, j'dynamite, j'disperse et j'ventile." M. Audiard.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4036387)   #1082
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From listening to Boris yesterday, if I have read it right, it seems that race meetings with no spectators and limited support could take place from 29th March and spectators in limited numbers allowed from 17th May. Full lifting of restrictions from 21st June.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4036388)   #1083
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
From listening to Boris yesterday, if I have read it right, it seems that race meetings with no spectators and limited support could take place from 29th March and spectators in limited numbers allowed from 17th May. Full lifting of restrictions from 21st June.
That was my take on it too. So whither Goodwood MM and before that Donington Historic?
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4036389)   #1084
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That was my take on it too. So whither Goodwood MM and before that Donington Historic?
Theme parks, which were the way limited spectators were admitted to circuits last year, are opening on 12 Apr. I think MSV and smaller circuits may start opening then on similar rules to last year. Not Goodwood or Silverstone though
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4036391)   #1085
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the one hand, outdoor sports facilities can reopen from 29 March but advice is still to “stay local”, and staying overnight somewhere does not seem to be possible until 12 April.
Still slightly contradictory from our sports point of view. I guess MSUK will tell us as soon as they can.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4036392)   #1086
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
"Step 2, no earlier than 12 April:

Non-essential retail, personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons, and public buildings, such as libraries and community centres, will reopen.
Most outdoor attractions and settings, including zoos, and theme parks, will also reopen although wider social contact rules will apply in these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households. Drive-in cinemas and drive-in performances will also be permitted."

So to me if Zoos and theme parks can open, why not outdoor motorsport venues?
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4036396)   #1087
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

I'd hazard a guess to say the theme parks and zoos don't have large crowds, rather they have a steady stream of patrons.

I suppose the feeling is that sport venues will have seating (thinking Football, Rugby, Cricket, etc.) whereby you can limit entries and have social distancing. That of course is not a good model for events such as Goodwood, or indeed Donington Festival, where the main point is to mingle with like minded enthusiasts.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4036397)   #1088
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
"Step 2, no earlier than 12 April:

Non-essential retail, personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons, and public buildings, such as libraries and community centres, will reopen.
Most outdoor attractions and settings, including zoos, and theme parks, will also reopen although wider social contact rules will apply in these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households. Drive-in cinemas and drive-in performances will also be permitted."

Don’t think anyone is suggesting that motorsport venues will not be able to reopen, it is just that the date of that reopening for events is not yet clear. Some think it will be from 29 March others .from 12 April.
MSUK will tell us when they will start issuing permits shortly.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4036398)   #1089
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Don’t think anyone is suggesting that motorsport venues will not be able to reopen, it is just that the date of that reopening for events is not yet clear. Some think it will be from 29 March others .from 12 April.
MSUK will tell us when they will start issuing permits shortly.
Yes sorry i should have phrased my comment better....i doubt it will be 29 March, i hope for 12 April, but some are suggesting it could be 17th May with other sports venues which seems strange to me.

I can understand restricting crowds at big events but whats the difference to 1000 people wandering around a club meeting compared to a few thousand at a theme park where contact with equipment is higher and social distancing is less.

As you say, im sure MSUK are busy trying to clarify things.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4036399)   #1090
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
On the one hand, outdoor sports facilities can reopen from 29 March but advice is still to “stay local”, and staying overnight somewhere does not seem to be possible until 12 April.
Still slightly contradictory from our sports point of view. I guess MSUK will tell us as soon as they can.
worth remembering that the motorsport industry hasn't really been referred to as sport by government restrictions unless it's been the elite events. so it's even more up in the air than that!
Old 23 Feb 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4036401)   #1091
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
worth remembering that the motorsport industry hasn't really been referred to as sport by government restrictions unless it's been the elite events. so it's even more up in the air than that!
Sure, and as I type this I can hear testing going on at Donington for “professional teams” and the Dukeries rally took place at Donington in Dec despite being in Tier 3 so clearly allowed but some very blurred lines.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 12:22 (Ref:4036420)   #1092
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
https://www.motorsportuk.org/motorsp...from-29-march/
Old 23 Feb 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4036422)   #1093
ascarracinguk
Veteran

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!
Old 23 Feb 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4036427)   #1094
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Just posted that statement in the "dates" thread....as said above, it still feels contradictory to the "stay local" injunction. Still, entry in for Oulton on April 10. Awaiting wee Nippy's comments today about Scotland's path - expected to mirror England but slower. I need hotels to be open in Scotland by April 30 to allow us to go the Knockhill on May 1/2.......
Old 23 Feb 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4036429)   #1095
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Just posted that statement in the "dates" thread....as said above, it still feels contradictory to the "stay local" injunction. Still, entry in for Oulton on April 10. Awaiting wee Nippy's comments today about Scotland's path - expected to mirror England but slower. I need hotels to be open in Scotland by April 30 to allow us to go the Knockhill on May 1/2.......
she seems to take boris' measures and adapt them to public opinion, so i reckon she'll go quicker in the longer term but maybe a bit longer on the short term to keep people happy that she's still being cautious...

remember motorsport is classed as work you can't do from home. don't know anyone that's had any issues getting rooms in hotels that are open