Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2002, 01:03 (Ref:284420)   #1
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel I must be honest

First of all, let me say that what happened today is an absolute disgrace. It's bad for Schumacher, It's bad for Ferrari, and above all, it's bad for the sport. There is no doubt that the "sport" has gone down a notch in many people's estimation.

However, that said, I feel I must be brutally honest, I will not stop watching F1. I don't know why, maybe I'm just a sucker, maybe I have no sense of morals or self-pride, but I will still be in front of the TV set every 2 week-ends watching and being entertained by each Grand Prix. I have a GP hat that I bought at the Canadian GP 2 years ago, that I have worn almost everyday since, and I will continue to wear it.

I am telling you this why?, because as one of the people who signed up to have my signature on the letter that Liz will be sending to Bernie and co, I feel it wouldn't be right if others feel I'm betraying them by continuing to watch F1.

Make no mistake about it, todays "race" was a complete farce, it makes a mockery of everything that sport stands for. Nothing would please me more then to have my signiture on that letter. But if Liz feels it's innapropriate, and wants to have it removed. I more then understand.

I'm just being honest.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 13 May 2002 at 01:06.
Old 13 May 2002, 01:13 (Ref:284427)   #2
Startline1
Rookie

Startline1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raoul, your honesty is v.good to see,It`s a pity MS does not have the same degree of "moral fibre" as you have shown.
Old 13 May 2002, 01:13 (Ref:284428)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know I said I'll stop watching last night, but that was during the angry and bitter phase.

I'll decide in a fortnight if I watch it or not.
Old 13 May 2002, 02:55 (Ref:284509)   #4
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I want to keep on watching . . . .

I want to see Juan Pablo win.
Old 13 May 2002, 02:59 (Ref:284511)   #5
Raoul Duke
Veteran

I'll keep on watching in the hope that Ralf and JPM win some races.

I hope TGF clinches the title as soon as possible now, so we don't have to be subjected to this **** .
Old 13 May 2002, 03:06 (Ref:284518)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I hope TGF clinches the title as soon as possible now, so we don't have to be subjected to this **** .
I think, Rubens wants this, more than you do...
Old 13 May 2002, 03:07 (Ref:284519)   #7
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I will keep on watching for Williams, for Mclarens, for the millions of people who now want JPM & Ralf to close in on MS and the lapdog and beat them this year!!
Old 13 May 2002, 03:12 (Ref:284525)   #8
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watch for the real racers...JV, Montoya, and a few others when they are on.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 May 2002, 03:21 (Ref:284533)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll check the results in the newspaper.

I feel I must be honest too, and keep my word. Ferrari are counting on people to let them get away with what they did, and as long as they know the lemmings will follow them over any cliff, they will continue to do as they please, in full comfort and happiness.

They have shown that they have contempt for you. And you will continue to prove them right?
Old 13 May 2002, 05:22 (Ref:284584)   #10
Raoul Duke
Veteran

I understand your point of view Liz.

But for me Formula one is like a drug, and one that I am higly addicted to. Just like with an addiction to nicotine or Alcohol, one cannot just give it up cold turkey.
Old 13 May 2002, 10:29 (Ref:284820)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is NO WAY that I won't be watching next week. I wonder wheter Monaco will have its usual atmosphere??
Old 13 May 2002, 11:33 (Ref:284901)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what Jean Todt told the media. He basically said the poor saps will moan and complain, but they'll get over it and come back and support us and our sponsors, because they can't help themselves.

Isn't it nice to know that he has your best interests at heart and wishes to keep supplying you with tainted drugs for your own good?
Old 13 May 2002, 12:06 (Ref:284935)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by race aficionado
I want to keep on watching . . . .

I want to see Juan Pablo win.
this is exactly why i'll keep watching, what Raoul said was very true and at the end of the day i (we all) am (are) fans of F1, as much as JPM is my favourite driver, seeing JV make his way up the field, seeing FISI scores his and jordans first points of the season and yes, i have to admit, waiting for the enivitible that happened yesterday will keep me glued to my seat in future!

someone else suggested in another thread that we shouldn't watch F1 on sky anymore (as the service is owned by bernie!) i agree that people have got to have a certain ammount of principles, but i subscribe to sky, and don't see why i should "cut off my nose to spite my face!" i pay for sky because it gives me the best service, if i decieded to give that up, bernie would lose 12 quid, i would lose so much more!
Old 13 May 2002, 12:06 (Ref:284936)   #14
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to watch Monaco to catch a glimpse of Mika who will be there (and gaze lovingly at him) and to watch Rubens punt Michael and the rest of the Ferrari team into the harbour (that's what I've instructed him to do anyway).
Old 13 May 2002, 12:12 (Ref:284943)   #15
Pip
Racer

Pip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of you waiting to see Juan Pablo win - I think you'll have a very long wait unfortunately... Ferrari will probably sabotage his car or something to stop it happening