Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Mar 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3383884)   #1
garysilveruk
Rookie

garysilveruk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surplus Marshal Kit

Sometime ago I had a brief stint as a marshal at Snetterton. Due to issues relating to my personal health, this didn’t last very long and I soon found myself on the wrong end of a resignation letter. I promised myself that I would return to marshalling one day but, sadly, this has not come to fruition and it is unlikely to do so. Thus, I have a small stock of equipment going spare which I would be happy to donate if you have the need. My equipment list reads:

One (1) x Proban GPX Orange Flame-Retardant Overalls sized for a 5’ 8”male with a 42” chest (embroidered with my name but this can be picked out)
One (1) x Orange Harbour Lights weatherproof jacket (for the same size)
One (1) x pair of orange weatherproof trousers
One Maycom AR-108 Mini Hand Held Air/VHF Band Receiver

All are in good condition, very clean and the clothes only worn 2-3 times.

If you would like to accept the donation, I’d be happy to bring to items to you at a nearby circuit to me (Snetterton or Brands Hatch) or post them to you in lieu of this. In the case of the latter option, I’d be grateful if the you could cover my postage costs. Please come back to me with any expressions of interest. Thank you.

My best regards.

Gary Silver (garysilveruk)
Old 25 Mar 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3384017)   #2
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PM'd Gary. I have a friend who is taking the hobby up this year who would not only be chuffed as a cockatoo with your surplus but also considerably better equipped than now.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3387074)   #3
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am a great believer in recycling marshalling stuff - so well done!

I don't know how many sets of overalls I've given away (but why were they always larger and larger as the years went by?).

And even if they aren't in the best of condition, if a "newbie" can use them while they decide whether or not to continue, then at least they'll feel part of "the family" and have the right stuff while they make up their mind.

I'm keeping hold of my current overalls for the moment but the flags have found a new home. But no-one is having my whistle!

By the way - does anyone want a 2 litre whistling camping kettle for use on gas? We have an unused one bought for when we thought we'd have to camp but never used it as the B&B came good!