Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jun 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2231713)   #26
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We did a 150km race last year in the Lancia (run by the ADAC on the Spa 6 Hours weekend) with the CSCC and Triumph & British GT (German/Dutch group) on the Nordschleife/GP circuit and it was fantastic - I am now not ever going to be afraid of Spa again! (and am a bit bored with the 6 hours weekend - especially when some organisers of suppot races practice and grid far too many cars for the FIA licence - bad news and very money-grabbing - that happened to us about 3 years ago and we swore we wouldn't go back)

This September we are back again (same weekend - Spa 6 hours weekend), but we are doing 2 x 250km races on the combined track. The FJs will be there as well, although only racing on the GP circuit (which is a bit bland). The races are on Saturday and Sunday, and the testing on Friday last year was for about 3 hours!

The hospitality is pretty congenial as well!

Lookikng forward already - enjoy yourselves guys!
Old 18 Jun 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2231721)   #27
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this race is on Friday but there will be other races throughout the weekend?
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2231730)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a fantastic weekend Zac,grids for just about everything.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2231853)   #29
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Info here on what is on:

http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/english/index.html

Lets hope the weather is slightly more kind than last year!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2232437)   #30
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will any of the regulars from here be at the race? I'll be attending all 3 days, which of course is of minor interest to you as I'm not active on the historic racing scene and barely post on here, but I'd still be happy to know a bit more about who will be driving - last time I checked there still were no very meaningful entry lists.

NPP
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2232477)   #31
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
This is a fantastic weekend Zac,grids for just about everything.
Thinking about it - I'll be itching for a holiday in about 6 weeks time so this could suit quite well..
Old 24 Jul 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2257040)   #32
1800TISA
Rookie

European Union
Munich, Germany
1800TISA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice line up of cars for the Marathon!
Entry lists have been published: http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/index.shtml
Old 2 Aug 2008, 13:55 (Ref:2262099)   #33
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Enrico Spaggiari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OLDTIMER GP NURBURG 8-10th Aug. - Who is coming ?

Hello everyone .

I thought it could be interesting to know how many 10/10s are going to Nurburgring for the Old Timer GP, either as competitor/driver (which car?) or just as spectator (photographer?) .
I will be racing there with a Cooper Bristol in the Pre-61 HGPCA race (n°10) and with a 1965 Ford Mustang (n°98) in the HTGT race (German Historic Touring Car championship) .
It would be good to meet you there.

Cheers !

Enrico
Old 2 Aug 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2262108)   #34
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Merge the thread and you can see who is going.Team led by Moscow Rog
Old 2 Aug 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2262127)   #35
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No Pre War .We will be at Chomley.The regularity is a joke compared with the race 5 to 15 years ago.The Marathon is the race to do,its in the 6 hr Class.We have done it a couple of times but the German E Type that won it two years ago was very special. Trick is Roger do not make a Mistake
Old 2 Aug 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2262183)   #36
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for the Marathon on Friday. Looking forward to it, albeit with a certain degree of trepidation.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 07:33 (Ref:2262442)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Will be there running fellow 10/10ths FJ.Volpini.Should have a bit of time on my hands so will do a bit of roaming." shame i cant get the scooter in the motorhome"
Old 3 Aug 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2262449)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please note that I have tried to merge the Oldtimer threads on several occasions but there seems to be a technical problem at the moment.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2262450)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Will be there running fellow 10/10ths FJ.Volpini.Should have a bit of time on my hands so will do a bit of roaming." shame i cant get the scooter in the motorhome"

Check your PMs Iain.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2262463)   #40
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be going as a scribbler for HMRN, any racer/team who wants to send me info. please PM me especially Nordscheife events on Friday and close racing or incidents over the weekend, plus paddock gossip.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 10:16 (Ref:2262497)   #41
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be there in Brabham BT2 FJ - there are two separate Lurani races, one for Front engine (on Sunday) and one for rear engine (on Saturday). New engine in my car since last one broke at Silverstone on 1st lap of qualifying! Will no doubt be seeing you Delta!
All the best
Marcus
Old 3 Aug 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2262561)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Think i will be involved as mechanic with the Lambert/Baillee MGB.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2262573)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
If things go to plan,I'll pop in and say hello!
Old 4 Aug 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2263095)   #44
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there, looking after the Masters races, although if anybody else has a problem that I can help with, I'll do my best
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2263302)   #45
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
As I'm a Nordschleife Marathon novice, can anybody tell me what the pit lane arrangements are likely to be? Some will be using the Grand Prix circuit pits but presumably not everyone, so where is the other pitlane entry and exit?

Last edited by Mark Griffiths; 4 Aug 2008 at 16:18.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2263307)   #46
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Mark. I think you'll find that's covered in the Supplimentary Regs/Final Instructions.......in any case it will be covered at the drivers briefing. Good luck.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2263312)   #47
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX
I shall be going as a scribbler for HMRN, any racer/team who wants to send me info. please PM me especially Nordscheife events on Friday and close racing or incidents over the weekend, plus paddock gossip.
It would be good to meet you if you pop over to the Masters unit sometime over the weekend......if it's gossip you're after.......
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2263319)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Wonder what that could be
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2263322)   #49
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Wonder what that could be
Mostly about you Terence! - never let the truth get in the way of a good story!
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2263323)   #50
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Just found the regs on the AvD site, and they don't really help.