Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Apr 2022, 12:18 (Ref:4105955)   #26
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My first Aussie F1GP was Adelaide in 1986 (the 2nd in the F1 era) as a volunteer marshal and I've been to all the Adelaide & Albert Park GP's since.

Interesting trivia question from any years ago was which F1 driver had the most race starts in Adelaide, the answer at the time was Gerhard Berger because he had in all the GP's since '85 but also ran a Group A touring car in an '85 support race so was one up on everyone else as a result.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4105962)   #27
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Sainz was massively screwed today by the timing of that red flag in Q3.

That's something F1 needs to look at.
Leclerc's lap is OK, Sainz' lap roughly 1.5 seconds later doesn't count?
How can that be fair?

How hard would it be to redflag a Qualifying Session by minisector?
If a car crashes in turn 13, red flag everything from turn1 up until turn 13 and leave the others going.

Or otherwise cancel every single lap counting back from the moment the accident occurs.

I'm heavily paraphrasing Ralf juttner: Racing.. you can think about it and talk about it. Sometimes one word too much and sometimes too little.

Probably more unlucky for latifi and or stroll they weren't 1.5 seconds up or down the road. Stuff like this happens.

One thing I grew to appreciate about Hamilton while cheering for max the last few years is Hamilton creates his own luck and is more often in a place to capitalize on it. You can't control a lot in racing,only do your best to keep yourself in the best position possible to make the best result.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4105966)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see the FIA have dropped the 4th DRS Zone already. (Pre qualifying)
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...DRS%20Zone.pdf
Old 9 Apr 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4105968)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even 3 is too many.....
Old 9 Apr 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4105971)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Albon has been disqualified from qualy. Failure to provide a fuel sample.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4105988)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure I've ever seen it so quiet in here after qualifying for a GP.....
Old 9 Apr 2022, 18:30 (Ref:4105992)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Maybe a lot of people missed it due to how early it was?
Old 9 Apr 2022, 20:14 (Ref:4106004)   #33
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
People getting side-tracked watching the Goodwood Members Meeting?

Only saw the C4 coverage, and it lacked a little something - not sure what. The red flag was certainly unfortunate for Sainz, and the light conditions with the sun in drivers' eyes must have been really difficult. I appreciate that delays meant it was running later than planned......

Excellent lap from Leclerc to pull a small but significant gap on Verstappen, and glad to see the Mclarens making a decent fist of things.

I know Stroll was judged "primarily responsible" for the collision, but Latifi is certainly having a lot more than his share of shunts......
Old 9 Apr 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4106035)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I see the FIA have dropped the 4th DRS Zone already. (Pre qualifying)
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...DRS%20Zone.pdf
Article in Autosport suggests some gamesmanship from Alonso led to removal of the 4th DRS zone.

I get the need to examine things on safety grounds but as the DRS zones are there to assist overtaking during the race, it seems really strange to do away with one of them before the race has been run and before it can be evaluated for its primary purpose.

I'm no fan of DRS generally but was strange - then again, I think they've adjusted the length of DRS zones previously during the lead-in days to a race so maybe just normal process.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 22:33 (Ref:4106041)   #35
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yeah, have noticed the same thing - seems odd but it'll probably pick up during the race and after (maybe). Maybe the controversies at the end of last year and intrigue of new cars over the Xmas period have worn everyone out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Maybe a lot of people missed it due to how early it was?
It was actually late in my view - started at 4:00 PM here and it really is a mistake IMHO to schedule Q so late - low sun and low light levels in Q3 highlighted the risk of starting so late - if any one of the delays / red flags had been longer, Q3 might have needed to be abandoned or shortened - not smart when scheduling it earlier in the afternoon would avoid that.

Yes, I know that you're talking about early in the morning in Pomgolia, which is where most on this site will reside, but would have thought that recordings or replays would have triggered some more discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
People getting side-tracked watching the Goodwood Members Meeting?
As anyone would do - fantastic event that one, very easy to be distracted by it - maybe everyone went along to it rather than being online, now that would be a "hard" choice to make!
Old 9 Apr 2022, 23:09 (Ref:4106057)   #36
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race day in Melbourne, 26 degrees, overcast and no rain forecast.

Melbourne seems to be humming, big crowds over the first few days and Sunday is sold out and if Ferrari win Laygon St will go off like a frog in sock.

Will Mr Vettel be on the grid in his car or elect for the Vespa?
Old 10 Apr 2022, 00:28 (Ref:4106060)   #37
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To our International Viewers: I apologize if you have to endure our local TV Commentators, totally out of their depth, limelight wannabe's :-(
Old 10 Apr 2022, 04:26 (Ref:4106067)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Best session of the weekend so far... so many cars look lazy on their tyres, change of direction looked so clumsy for some...

Mr Ricciardo for the win please..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Apr 2022, 04:40 (Ref:4106068)   #39
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Webber have a Volume Control? or just 11 all the way?
Old 10 Apr 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4106070)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A clean start. Lewis goes up to 3rd from 5th.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 05:07 (Ref:4106071)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Sainz into the gravel.

Edit: First SC.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 05:13 (Ref:4106072)   #42
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Bit of a different strategy call for Stroll - be interesting how that plays out.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 05:40 (Ref:4106076)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
SC as Vettee stops on the track. Now where is that Vespa?
Old 10 Apr 2022, 06:04 (Ref:4106079)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Verstappen retires - car failure.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 06:05 (Ref:4106080)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Verstappen out. VSC.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 06:33 (Ref:4106082)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Leclerc, well deserved.

Russell gets 3rd and Mclaren continue to improve, with Norris and Ricciardo 5th and 6th.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4106090)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Leclerc is looking very good. The intra-team threat is not there yet and Verstappen's team look wobbly.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 07:24 (Ref:4106091)   #48
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Great result for the Scuderia and for Leclerc - the car is good (although others are showing signs of catching) and he's driving well, gotta keep bagging the points and Imola coming up next, the team must be feeling pretty good right now.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 08:10 (Ref:4106098)   #49
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
the two bounciest cars are 1 and 2 iin both championships

good to see george get his 1st podium, glad he is ahead of lewis.
good to see mclaren coming back too

shocking weekend for vettee and astonm
bit of a nasty one for williams too saved by 1 albons point.

No real explanation about Sainz day. The car was crap from the moment it made the grid, no wonder he crashed.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4106132)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
the two bounciest cars are 1 and 2 iin both championships

good to see george get his 1st podium, glad he is ahead of lewis.
good to see mclaren coming back too

shocking weekend for vettee and astonm
bit of a nasty one for williams too saved by 1 albons point.

No real explanation about Sainz day. The car was crap from the moment it made the grid, no wonder he crashed.
George also finished on the podium at Spa, but we don't necessarily count that!