Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Dec 2022, 06:26 (Ref:4136659)   #401
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is it me or does the rust add to the car? Has a nice aged look to it
Old 10 Dec 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4136682)   #402
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is it me or does the rust add to the car? Has a nice aged look to it
Rust? Shhhh. You cant call it that! (even if it is that)
That, in car collector speak, is Patina.
Old 10 Dec 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4136691)   #403
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It was a long way off sitting at the light on Peachtree

Nice.

I really want to drive some super early stuff. A technical challenge. Not like that at all, but I had a ‘30s Austin 7 for a bit. Fun to nip to the shops in.
Old 10 Dec 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4136692)   #404
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Getting back to this one I said a 52/53 Buick Super Eight of some sort....

I had a bit of a look around I think it can be closed down to a 1953 (the '53 had the 4 rear lights) Buick Super (Riviera) 2 door hardtop. That had no rear fins and was not pillarlesss.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...op-c-13921.htm

Scroll down for more photos (namely the rear 3/4 view)
Love it.

And the Dodge Bus. Needs to get out and about.
Old 10 Dec 2022, 18:32 (Ref:4136708)   #405
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Cant believe the Italians made the Montreal and Fulvia Zagato in RHD! OK for the Nuova 500 but the others are rare? Cant say if the Buick is a Special, Super Eight or Roadmaster tho… They look similar to me.
Old 10 Dec 2022, 18:42 (Ref:4136710)   #406
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The 105 Series in GTAM guise (#388) has a strange non genuine front valance hosting a large flat rad. Air co may be?
Old 10 Dec 2022, 22:27 (Ref:4136726)   #407
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
The 105 Series in GTAM guise (#388) has a strange non genuine front valance hosting a large flat rad. Air co may be?
Its a Goodwood spec car Gérard! It has a turbo fitted so I guess maybe an intercooler.

Actually it has a 75 twin spark engine fitted.

A photo I took of under the bonnet

Its for sale.... more pics and full spec and work done in ad. on this link: https://www.my105.com/search/details...c-7812a332b6c1
Old 11 Dec 2022, 01:50 (Ref:4136742)   #408
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
OMG

Q car type stuff
Old 11 Dec 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4136774)   #409
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Its a Goodwood spec car Gérard! It has a turbo fitted so I guess maybe an intercooler.
Old 11 Dec 2022, 17:30 (Ref:4136798)   #410
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
These were out grocery shopping today.
Attached Thumbnails
80D63187-F449-4EC2-BADF-7C63407373C2.jpeg   40E3DFB8-7178-469F-A913-B19FD6C138F4.jpeg   07BF32E1-90F4-422E-A9CE-9CE6DF9D3D85.jpeg  

Old 11 Dec 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4136809)   #411
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice Elise, good for limited shopping volume.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 13:35 (Ref:4136873)   #412
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nice Elise, good for limited shopping volume.
Yes! You have to choose if you want to bring a passenger or actually purchase something. ROFL
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4136888)   #413
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
What's the one that's not an Elise?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4136902)   #414
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I had the same question in mind, may be a japanese car rebadged (like Pontiac)?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 23:21 (Ref:4136944)   #415
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I had the same question in mind, may be a japanese car rebadged (like Pontiac)?
Is it not a c 2000 Gen. 4 Chev. Camaro?

Re the space in an Elise, I think it is a Lotus thing. I had a Europa back c 1975 which was so compact inside even trying to lean across and kiss a date goodnight was a challenge. Anything more adventurous totally out of the question. And that was when I was young and flexible! Happy Days.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 00:06 (Ref:4136945)   #416
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Re the space in an Elise, I think it is a Lotus thing. I had a Europa back c 1975 which was so compact inside even trying to lean across and kiss a date goodnight was a challenge. Anything more adventurous totally out of the question. And that was when I was young and flexible! Happy Days.
Yup, the bloated pig of a mistake Camaro that almost killed it completely. Ran from 93-02 with 8 years needed for us to forget it. BUT there are some great tuned ones out there that are great street stock road course and drag cars.

Think she's a 2000 SS but JHammy would know the years better probably
Old 13 Dec 2022, 00:32 (Ref:4136949)   #417
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The two extremes of a sportscar parked so close.
Quote:

Reminds me of this song:
https://youtu.be/qW9mZLnQ7Yc
Old 13 Dec 2022, 01:54 (Ref:4136954)   #418
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Reminds me of this song:
https://youtu.be/qW9mZLnQ7Yc
Good one.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4136989)   #419
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes! You have to choose if you want to bring a passenger or actually purchase something. ROFL
One of my (younger) workmates has an Elise. He is also a keen competitive cyclist and has some very strong rubber sucker attachments to hold his racing bike on the roof! It looks really cool to see his racing bike fixed to the top of his sports car.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 15:25 (Ref:4137029)   #420
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
One of my (younger) workmates has an Elise. He is also a keen competitive cyclist and has some very strong rubber sucker attachments to hold his racing bike on the roof! It looks really cool to see his racing bike fixed to the top of his sports car.
I'm surprised it could fit on top of the roof without falling off
Old 14 Dec 2022, 01:23 (Ref:4137086)   #421
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In a state employee parking lot looking good.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 01:35 (Ref:4137088)   #422
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Cool. Except the wheels. A wonderfully simple truck with idiot wheels.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 01:45 (Ref:4137090)   #423
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cool. Except the wheels. A wonderfully simple truck with idiot wheels.
Uh, I'll see your idiot wheels and raise you

I believe we referenced Brodozer earlier, this is it. F350 with the $15k 6.7L diesel and the most ridiculous RC car wheels not likely rated for the load the truck SHOULD be carrying
Old 14 Dec 2022, 02:35 (Ref:4137094)   #424
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I am firmly of the opinion that these people can do what they want, that it is all part of the rich tapestry of life and isn’t it great everyone likes different things.

But this really tests my resolve when it comes to this life view.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 03:24 (Ref:4137096)   #425
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Someone might steal a truck like that
https://twitter.com/hagerty/status/1...LHD6k7ahwUD3ZA