Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Sep 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4177054)   #1401
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes please and single digit mpg there
Old 17 Sep 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4177085)   #1402
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Finally remembered this was along the road outside of town

No idea what she is but hasn't moved in years ago I'm guessing it's not exactly a functioning vehicle.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 21:27 (Ref:4177130)   #1403
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Finally remembered this was along the road outside of town

No idea what she is but hasn't moved in years ago I'm guessing it's not exactly a functioning vehicle.
I can smell that picture...
Old 17 Sep 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4177136)   #1404
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ok, haven't seen one and doubt I will but FB story promo and damn that's cool
Reminds me more of a hard shelled LandRover 101 spotted in the public carpark of an aircraft museum back in June

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	78041
Old 17 Sep 2023, 22:30 (Ref:4177138)   #1405
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NYC yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0303.jpeg  
Old 17 Sep 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4177142)   #1406
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nice, except for those weird protrusions at the front
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4177283)   #1407
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Given the height difference with the SUV… Really a pure wonder on wheels.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4177298)   #1408
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Gerard may appreciate this one - spotted in the car park at Snetterton yesterday
Click image for larger version

Name:	Citroen DS21 (1).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	78054
Old 19 Sep 2023, 10:57 (Ref:4177395)   #1409
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha yes, of course, thank you so much! Nice example and seems in good hydraulic condition (car not "sitting" when parked). Its really a hassle to maintain but lovely on the road. Do you think the Mentalist TV series helped in bringing it back to the light?
Could it be either a DS with manual gearbox or ID or D Special?
Old 19 Sep 2023, 18:37 (Ref:4177474)   #1410
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wished I'd gotten a picture but busy 4 way stop. This Lambo STO pulled in at a valet only little cafe, I'm thinking they let him park it himself. But they get McLaren and Ferrari daily there too
Old 20 Sep 2023, 20:40 (Ref:4177606)   #1411
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More vans, this time a mini! Never seen one in town and don't know if they are street legal in the US. No clue what it is other than Japanese.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230920_184824349.jpg  
Old 20 Sep 2023, 20:48 (Ref:4177608)   #1412
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That puts me in mind of a Daihatsu people carrier although there are other similar ones made by other manufacturers.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4177613)   #1413
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
More vans, this time a mini! Never seen one in town and don't know if they are street legal in the US. No clue what it is other than Japanese.
I think they've hit a loophole in between the federal rules with the 25 year rule and then a bunch of state laws. Seems like a buck said sure but no limited access highway use. There are a couple shops in Atlanta dealing in the van and truck and I went down that rabbit hole once
Old 21 Sep 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4177643)   #1414
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Vanilla? Sambar? Edit: not a Vanilla which was a pure wonder of technology imo.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4177645)   #1415
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Think you're right with the brand here, Mike. Do you remember this:https://www.leparking.fr/voiture-occ.../8U2L2334.html
Old 21 Sep 2023, 09:00 (Ref:4177648)   #1416
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Think you're right with the brand here, Mike. Do you remember this:https://www.leparking.fr/voiture-occ.../8U2L2334.html

No.

The people carrier I recall from my last trip to Japan a few years ago; that type of vehicle is really very popular there for some reason.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4177649)   #1417
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Taxes. Parking. Both related to overall lenght and engine displacement may be?
Old 21 Sep 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4177656)   #1418
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Taxes. Parking. Both related to overall lenght and engine displacement may be?

They were pretty well all private vehicles, and yes, Tokyo is very crowded and parking can be very limited. My son always makes sure that he has a designated parking place where ever he lives, even though, at the moment, his main residence is in a much smaller city right down in the south of Japan.

I think that the reason there are so many is because so many shops and businesses are small and owned by individuals, and so these types of vehicles can double up as a family mover as well as a business goods mover, if that makes sense.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4177667)   #1419
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What I have been told moons ago is that in crowded area like Tokyo or Kyoto for instance, you couldn't buy a car or similar from a dealer without an undibitable proof of parking ability (ownership?). From the days I was dealing with Teac/Tascam. As to the maximum 3 m lenght and 360 cc displacement category it seems to belong to the past.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4177669)   #1420
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
What I have been told moons ago is that in crowded area like Tokyo or Kyoto for instance, you couldn't buy a car or similar from a dealer without an undibitable proof of parking ability (ownership?). From the days I was dealing with Teac/Tascam. As to the maximum 3 m lenght and 360 cc displacement category it seems to belong to the past.

When I next speak to my son out there next, I will ask about it.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 21:43 (Ref:4177727)   #1421
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't quite time the picture correctly, but you get the idea. Definition of custom.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4177730)   #1422
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I didn't quite time the picture correctly, but you get the idea. Definition of custom.
Not an LS but the prerequisite sleeveless shirt to go with!
Old 22 Sep 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4177752)   #1423
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
At least he can't blame a lack of grip.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4177763)   #1424
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spotted at the gym this morning. Click on the pic and it'll display upright.
Attached Thumbnails
20230922_085343.jpg  
Old 22 Sep 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4177780)   #1425
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
500 E? The F1 paddock diva years ago, before some team managers or sponsors take offense. Imagine that nowadays F1 Alpine drivers have to use a… Dacia!