Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2002, 22:09 (Ref:371645)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's qualifier

To anyone interested, F1onboard has a great incar lap of kimi qualifying at Spa. Incredible stuff . Suggest any of you with a broadband connection get this, its one worth keeping. Please note, the file is nealy 12 MB so if your connected thru a modem , I suggets you use a download manager.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:33 (Ref:372228)   #2
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just checked it out, It just goes to show that Spa is the greatest track on earth and Kimi is the best driver out there

He was right on the edge through Eau Rouge wasn't he and is it me or was he changing up whilst still going through Pouhon.

An amazing talent, but whilst Schumacher's still dominating F1 he might not get to really show it for a while
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:56 (Ref:372248)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone else seen the clip of Montoya calling Kimi a " F***ING IDIOT" over his radio during the qualifing session at Spa on saturday . That was so funny !....in all truth , Kimi did screw up Montoya's lap going into the bus stop , but Juan was so annoyed .

Good entertainment though !

may have to download the kimi lap , but if anyone see's the montoya / kimi radio incident , i recommend you download it.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 20:06 (Ref:372416)   #4
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I downloaded it and played it back a few times too. There is so little time for the drivers to decide where to go on the track that mistakes will happen. I think that JPM was frustrated at other things too and took it out on Kimi. Kimi blocked him but things like that happen all the time. He must have been more frustrated at the fact that he could not get the car to handle as well as he would have hoped.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 20:29 (Ref:372447)   #5
Alan Jones
Veteran

Nah, I reckon it was plain and simple, Juan is PUMPED, he's focused, and he's trying for pole. Kimi is in the wrong place at the wrong time for Juan, and he swears!! I would too! You orta hear me when we're qualifying at our Mini GP Kart days. If I was recorded i reckon there'd be more beeps than words, a lil like Jerry Springer!!! i don't think Juan will let that bother him for too long.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 21:21 (Ref:372486)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
i don't think Juan will let that bother him for too long.
He seemed to have forgotten about it already on sunday when he was talking about his battle to keep Kimi behind him in the race, amazing what a podium does for driver relationships!
Old 3 Sep 2002, 21:52 (Ref:372508)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just thought it was pure entertainment hearing Juan swear his head off.....whether KIMI was right or wrong is debatable .......John Watson said Kimi had done nothing wrong , it was just down to bad luck that Juan caught him where he did.....yet Damon Hill said it was Kimi's fault totally as he should have used his mirrors better so that Juan had caught him at a different place.........

personally , i dont give a damm !!...it was great onboard entertainment from Juan .
Old 3 Sep 2002, 22:05 (Ref:372521)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

thats right Sato, i like the fact ll the onboard stuff is uncensored, it's a hell of alot moare realistic than interviews with the press isn't it.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 23:05 (Ref:372588)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
dead right there Alan !......Juan is one of the best drivers who show there emotions over the radio.......its brilliant wheen his blood boils over ....better than the scripted thank you speeches that TGF does every time he wins a race . thats the only time Ferrari allow their radio conversations to be heard....unlike jUAN , you get to even hear him laughing sometimes at the engineers when he's driving around at 180 mph !