Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Mar 2004, 23:51 (Ref:909983)   #1
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prototype C is here!

Just popped onto RSC, Turns out the Virtua_LM mod Prototype C has been RELEASED!!!! after such a long wait....

Anyway head over to
http://www.virtua-lm.com/
to get it.

Im downloading now, sod work tomorrow, I have the weekend (and a grand prix) to sleep through...!!!
Ed
Old 19 Mar 2004, 01:52 (Ref:910059)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
downloading now ... 82.8kb/s ... itll be a while. 54 minutes its telling me
Old 19 Mar 2004, 02:34 (Ref:910089)   #3
Es Nes
Veteran

78% :up:
Old 19 Mar 2004, 02:50 (Ref:910107)   #4
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's good, very good, I have a few screenies ready...
Old 19 Mar 2004, 03:13 (Ref:910118)   #5
Ruppster
Rookie

Ruppster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, time to show my ignorance. I checked out the link and the screenshots look great but the name of the game it is for has been abbreviated. Can someone please tell me what the full name of the game is and who was the maker of it?

TIA,
Ruppster
Old 19 Mar 2004, 03:34 (Ref:910132)   #6
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yay! gonna download it when i get to work tomorrow (it's 0334 at the moment). post any feedback you guys have. i love you, v_lm team!

by the way, full name of the game is Prototype-C For F1 Challenge and it's made by the Virtual_LM team - great people who brought us LM93 Mod for F12002.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:33 (Ref:910407)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I really must get hold of F1C.........

Is there really another soporific race on this weekend.....?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:57 (Ref:910626)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I think I really must get hold of F1C.........

Is there really another soporific race on this weekend.....?
Sebring is only 12 hrs, so a couple of pots of coffee should do the trick if your feeling sleepy Ayse!

Have the mod downloaded myself, now just biding my time until I can load it! Patience is a virtue. Looking forward to this, screenies look fantastic!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 19 Mar 2004, 12:59 (Ref:910689)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wasn't thinking of Sebring.......
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:37 (Ref:910737)   #10
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry am i missing something? what does soporific mean?

Nice pictures in the screenshot thread! Now i just have to convince a friend whos just recently got broadband to download it!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:47 (Ref:910750)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Soporific? It's a term now almost solely reserved for the experience of watching the Max n' Bernie show on a Sunday afternoon. After the first 3-4 corners, the show automatically induces deep sleep in those on the receiving end. You think I'm joking? I kid you not - that's exxactly what I did for 2/3rds of the first GP this season. Mind-numbingly tedious.....
Old 20 Mar 2004, 14:13 (Ref:911998)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is'nt it great?

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/atta...hmentid=167553
Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:26 (Ref:912087)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can't get any of the 5 download servers to wor - is that just because there are so many others trying to do the same? (I haven't actually got the sim yet, but I thought I'd get the download anyway).
Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:32 (Ref:912106)   #14
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
you could try letting your PC run all night to download it(and use getright or something simular), that worked for me.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:55 (Ref:912173)   #15
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wasn't thinking of Sebring.......
I know! Just having a little fun with you.
I always look forward to Sebring, it really is the greatest American endurance race.

As for the Prototype C mod, I've tried it and i'm not blown away. It's early days yet but I find that the cars stick like glue. I had to make sure that the driver aids were off, because even when I did get in to quickly I found it rather easy to save.
It does look nice however!
I personally prefer RSDG's Scortcar BETA. However like I said it is early yet, maybe I'm just not going fast enough.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Mar 2004, 16:38 (Ref:912273)   #16
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are cars that developed huge amounts of downforce and had plenty of grip so i guess it will seem like driving on rails.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:37 (Ref:912786)   #17
Es Nes
Veteran

yeah, they could have qualifed mid field in f1 when they raced.

i dont look forward to scc as much since they are going for balanced and not realism
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:29 (Ref:913653)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
you could try letting your PC run all night to download it(and use getright or something simular), that worked for me.

No, I just couldn't get any of the servers to connect at all. I see this morning that two of them have disappeared, one is refusing all connections and the other isn't reacting at all. I have got one connection though which seems good. I should have the mod in an hour or so. All I need now is the bloody game......
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:19 (Ref:914087)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I've got the mod now - all I need is the darned game! I reckon on picking it up in town tomorrow.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:47 (Ref:914112)   #20
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, I saw plenty of F1Challenge's available in HMV in the Trafford Centre in Manchester yesterday, so I think F1C should be pretty available at the mo. I say this as a few months ago it seemed to vanish from the shelves....
Old 21 Mar 2004, 19:49 (Ref:914205)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Well, I've got the mod now - all I need is the darned game! I reckon on picking it up in town tomorrow.
if you have it you should try the ETCC mod as well.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 23:14 (Ref:914430)   #22
Es Nes
Veteran

does anyone in here race ptc online yet?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 08:15 (Ref:914720)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, I'm planning to get down the town today. Should be able to give it a whirl tonight, with luck.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:21 (Ref:914964)   #24
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These Group C cars of the past era are bloody awesome. They sound great and handle more like an F1 car (with F1 3.5l engine) with huge downforce at all time regardless of weather/track condition. I remembered using the Peugeot (not Evo2) of 1993, I was able to hit speed in excess of 220mph+ on the Mulsanne straight, roughly 200mph onto Eau Rouge @ Spa-Francochamps! I think you guys would really enjoy this mod!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:59 (Ref:915009)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is the Le Mans circuit included in game/mod?