Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3891859)   #1126
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably being employed in all those emergency stockpile centres:
Attached Thumbnails
Capture4.PNG  
Old 19 Mar 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3891867)   #1127
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Radio 2 news:

"Cabinet sources say that Mrs May wants to ask the EU for an extension until the end of June 2019 with the option to extend for up to two years."

Laura K: "

But Mrs May is reported to have not yet made her mind up."

Has anyone got another candidate for worst PM ever?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Mar 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3891868)   #1128
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Radio 2 news:

"Cabinet sources say that Mrs May wants to ask the EU for an extension until the end of June 2019 with the option to extend for up to two years."

Laura K: "

But Mrs May is reported to have not yet made her mind up."

Funnily enough Midge, I was only thinking today that I never thought the Conservative Party could ever find a worse PM than Gordon Brown. But they managed it.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3891870)   #1129
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course GB signed the hated Lisbon treaty via the back door IIRC. Didn't he funk the big signing and crawl in the next day hoping we wouldn't notice?

Last edited by midgetman; 19 Mar 2019 at 16:53.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3891879)   #1130
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Of course GB signed the hated Lisbon treaty via the back door IIRC. Didn't he funk the big signing and crawl in the next day hoping we wouldn't notice?

The signing was arranged for a Wednesday at about midday, but GB refused to allow anyone to deputise for him on that day's PMQs.

So he did PMQs, then flew straight out to Lisbon where the other 27 leaders were enjoying a superb slap up lunch, and while they were finishing their desserts and coffees, GB was shown into a side room where he, by himself but with his photographer, signed on the dotted line.

A PR disaster.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3891882)   #1131
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Radio 2 news:

Yes. It's Jerry Corbyn and I'm afraid that's who we'll end up with as a lot of disillusioned Tories won't bother voting again which will give the power to labour
Old 19 Mar 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3891893)   #1132
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Yes. It's Jerry Corbyn and I'm afraid that's who we'll end up with as a lot of disillusioned Tories won't bother voting again which will give the power to labour
Indeed and there are 2 very pi...d of Tory / Leave voters in this house.

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 19 Mar 2019 at 19:22.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3891894)   #1133
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Indeed and there are 2 very pi...d of Tory / Leave voters in this house.
Do what I did, send an email to No10 telling Mrs Might what you expect her to do, tell it like it is.

I went via Tory HQ which has a link to No 10.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3891896)   #1134
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Oh yes he would be a total disaster.

Old 19 Mar 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3891900)   #1135
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do what I did, send an email to No10 telling Mrs Might what you expect her to do, tell it like it is.

I went via Tory HQ which has a link to No 10.
It'll do no good, they wont listen just the same way as Major and the rest of the Tories didn't listen to the public before 1997 and look who we were conned into after that. There was an MP on the radio today saying they know how much damage the politicians have done themselves over this and how it will affect future elections.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3891905)   #1136
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
It'll do no good, they wont listen just the same way as Major and the rest of the Tories didn't listen to the public before 1997 and look who we were conned into after that. There was an MP on the radio today saying they know how much damage the politicians have done themselves over this and how it will affect future elections.
Of course it will do no good, I always knew that, but when people say "What did you do about it?"
I will be able to say just my best.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 22:11 (Ref:3891925)   #1137
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well at least some people can agree on a few things. But people will always have their own opinion. And they’ve at least now been able to voice it
Old 19 Mar 2019, 23:33 (Ref:3891959)   #1138
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well at least some people can agree on a few things. But people will always have their own opinion. And they’ve at least now been able to voice it
but not necessarily to the right people or in the right place.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3892039)   #1139
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Belgian friend remarked to me the other week that they don't mind the EU controlling them because of the problems they have had with their own successive governments.

Hopefully that is not what we are coming to.

Oh, & worryingly he said that the appalling John Bercow is becoming a bit of a cult figure in Belgium. I said that's not how we would spell 'cult'!!
Old 20 Mar 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3892149)   #1140
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Oh, & worryingly he said that the appalling John Bercow is becoming a bit of a cult figure in Belgium. I said that's not how we would spell 'cult'!!

I think Bercow and his wife would be an excellent gift of friendship for Belgium after his retirement. So long as they ensure that he stays there.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3892151)   #1141
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well he can do what he wants, it’s his life. He has enough money to retire on. Wherever he goes is up to him
Old 20 Mar 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3892196)   #1142
S griffin
Veteran

I think some respect is needed here. People after a good life need a rest. And they can do what they want in retirement
Old 20 Mar 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3892293)   #1143
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think some respect is needed here. People after a good life need a rest. And they can do what they want in retirement
Respect needs to be earned; trust takes years to build but can be destroyed in an instant. Both wise old sayings that Bercow will do well to remember as opprobrium is heaped upon him.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3892317)   #1144
S griffin
Veteran

True, but I feel there wasn’t too much done here, just a misunderstanding. Maybe he was just doing his job and that is open to interpretation
Old 20 Mar 2019, 23:32 (Ref:3892335)   #1145
midgetman
Veteran

How about another take on Bercow.

Basically he said "Come on Theresa, stop flogging that dead horse and come up with another strategy." If he hadn't waded in we would now be on MV4 or 5 and would MPs be agreeing to that bad deal for a quiet life?

At the moment the most likely outcome is WTO. So, according to the tenor of this very forum, Bercow has done the country a favour by putting a bomb under the Bad Deal and ensuring no extension to Article 50 because of the chaos he caused. Which should make him a Good Thing in your eyes? Maybe this arch-Remainer will go down in history as the man who "saved" Brexit!

(Removes tongue from cheek)

Old 21 Mar 2019, 06:19 (Ref:3892372)   #1146
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I always thought we’d mess it up, and the result would be chaos. Only problem is that it’s even worse than I imagined it could be......
Old 21 Mar 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3892381)   #1147
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3892382)   #1148
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, I always thought we’d mess it up, and the result would be chaos. Only problem is that it’s even worse than I imagined it could be......
Only a matter of time before they turn Victim - "Look what the beastly EU have done to us idiots"
Old 21 Mar 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3892383)   #1149
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes indeed although the assertion that the eU has been acting in less than good faith is not new and is of course why the backstop thing is viewed as a meands of "imprisoning" the UK in a post brexit union.

But it's not just the UK Parliament, that has royaly screwed the pooch, the Germans are also saying the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEP D Telegraph
“Europe is well on the way to inflicting huge damage on itself for decades by the way it has handled the failed Brexit talks,” said Marcel Fratzscher, head of the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW) in Berlin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEP D Telegraph
Sigmar Gabriel, Germany’s vice-chancellor until last year, says Europe can’t afford the luxury of a strategic break with Britain. The EU is split on multiple lines of cleavage - North-South over money, East-West over the rule of law - and is surrounded by dangerous neighbours.
AEP tends towards the hyperbole but he's generally on the money. So, it's not all one sided and the Irish government has sadly been played in this.

The EU has been assisted by a disinterested political class, but ours are no worse than the others in that they are all self serving parasites.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3892385)   #1150
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

The EU has been assisted by a disinterested political class, but ours are no worse than the others in that they are all self serving parasites.

So your alternative government model is ....?

On a lighter note - John Bercow may polarise opinion but God above, can you imagine how former speaker Michael Martin would have coped ? He struggled to say 'order' ....