iRise Joins Champ Car World Series As An Official Sponsor

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...67&newsLang=en

Never heard of them
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1835722)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The last line of that page explains it all, I guess! It sounds better than the '2007 Champcar World Series Bought To You By Blank'
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1835728)   #3
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, who will be the first to put a negative spin on this. I notice that some people aren't as quick to post when positive news!

This is great for CCWS as it adds a sponsor to the series and to a team. Now if only some money would go Forsyth's way....
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1835736)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ooops, that'll be me then
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1835737)   #5
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well at least they now have a sponser back!
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1835739)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THe iRise Champcar world series?
or the Champcar world series presented by iRise?

where are they going to show?
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1835744)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It does sort of sound like a KK type connection. Any sponsor is good news!

My semi-negative flipside, I have trouble beliving smaller B2B companies get a lot of value out of sponsorship and thus can contribute much money. Adding to this specualtion is the venture capital reference in the article and on their website it doesn't sound like they've been around for long. Don't get me wrong, even if they don't contribute much money they at least make the series look better from the perspective of having more companies on board.

So many of these "solutions" style of companies have such ambiguous purposes. I read the words, but I don't really get how it works. I have a technical background too.
Old 7 Feb 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1835748)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news Indycool, John?
Old 8 Feb 2007, 01:13 (Ref:1835898)   #9
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is good news, but it does not sound like a presenting sponsor. It reads that iRise will be the "official software simulation supplier to the Champ Car World Series" in addition to being one of the sponsors for PKV.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 01:35 (Ref:1835903)   #10
Senninha
Rookie

Senninha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iRise sponsored The Racers Group in the Grand American Series when they ran Pontiac GTOs.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 01:47 (Ref:1835910)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Positive news
Old 8 Feb 2007, 14:07 (Ref:1836320)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news. It's no title sponsor, as some seem to believe, but the more companies Champ Car are able to bring in and get involved the better even if there isn't a whole lot of hard cash changing hands.

I'm guessing iRise themselves are really looking forward to being able to host their IT-meetings with a racing backdrop as well (which in turn might get some of those executives coming in interested in Champ Car as well - who knows?).
Old 8 Feb 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1836397)   #13
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ Actually that's a good point. It seems that a lot of the racing sponsorship relationships are based on the fact that the guy in charge is a racing nut.
Old 12 Feb 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1839466)   #14
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The important thing is that more sponsorship is coming. This is positive for the series .
Old 13 Feb 2007, 04:21 (Ref:1839959)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
This is no replacement for Ford or Bridgestone. Nowhere near. iRise is a privately-held company that markets business application simulation software. They previously had a relationship with Grand Am racing's TRG Racing.

In an article 09 January, 2007 (sorry - I am to much of a techno dolt to link it) in "B2B Marketing Trends," Chief marketing officer Mitch Bishop described the association by saying: "The real opportunity is to provide a platform for our guests to network with each other by marrying relevant, educational content with in-your-face action." I revel in opprortunities such as this. Rarely do I get to see more words used to express less.

They are essentially looking for product placement that makes them look like a big player. CC is looking for anyone to replace their title sponsors. As I view it, iRise gets attention without shelling out any cash and CC gets attention with out getting any cash. I can't imagine that CC is getting money from iRise. Period.

To use the word "replace" in a sentence like: "iRise is replacing Ford as title sponsor" is overly optimistic and actually drastically overstates what is happening - or actually not happening here. There is no comparison in value, size of company, name-recognition or any of the other potentially fungible goods that can be gained in any productive marketing relationship.

There is no good news with this one kids. As far as I am concerned CC got caught with their pants down losing all of their title sponsorship and iRise is the only tea-towel available to use to cover (or try to) the now-exposed naughty-bits.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 13 Feb 2007 at 04:28.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 04:31 (Ref:1839961)   #16
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
By the way, according to their website, their whole marketing approach is geared to helping small companies buy software. While they have helped some bigger ones, I doubt that iRise marketing to Oswald Stumpledinck, LLC is going to help Forsythe find a sponsor for his team.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 07:16 (Ref:1840002)   #17
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC

There is no good news with this one kids.
That is a ridiculous statement. No good news, what compared to having no sponsor at all ?

I agree that the benefits at this stage do not match that of a Ford or a Bridgestone, but whos to know what this partnership could grow into.

I fail to see how you "know" they wont be putting any $$$ in. You can look for the dark side all you want, but untill there is something more concrete than your attempt at interpretation this is a positive for ChampCar.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 10:33 (Ref:1840241)   #18
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
So all of my "assumptions" are invalid because I do not "know" what the details are. Therefore this is not a negative for CC.

However D.R.T., you do not "know" what the details are. Yet, this deal is therefore defined by you as a "positive" for CC. You can't use this type of reasoning to invalidate one theory and then turn around and have it support the opposite theory.

The reason I think there is no $$ involved is that this is a very small company. Certainly not one with say, $1 - $5 million american to toss out there in financial support. CC desperately needs the revenue right now. They desperately need the cachet and attention an established player can bring to the table and they need that player to become a sponsor. Using iRise is grasping at straws at the best and smoke and mirrors at the worst. The only purpose it serves is to keep anyone from saying that there is no sponsor.

But a true "sponsor" has to do more than provide opportunities for interaction among potential clients for the sponsor.

Who really does know what this partnership can "grow into?" The real question is" "How long can CC wait for something TO grow?"

Last edited by JohnSSC; 13 Feb 2007 at 10:39.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1840279)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
So all of my "assumptions" are invalid because I do not "know" what the details are.
What are assumptions without details ? My guess is they dont amount to much.

Quote:
However D.R.T., you do not "know" what the details are. Yet, this deal is therefore defined by you as a "positive" for CC. You can't use this type of reasoning to invalidate one theory and then turn around and have it support the opposite theory.
But I can. Having a company that is aiming to bring clients and $$$ however large or small to ChampCar events and the CC environment, compared to no one at all is a positive.

Without details regarding an announced partnership, I cant understand your assertion that it isnt a positive for CC. But then maybe we are half empty vesus half full type of people.

Quote:
Who really does know what this partnership can "grow into?" The real question is" "How long can CC wait for something TO grow?"
As with the whole concept of AOW, time will tell.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1840300)   #20
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
The clock is ticking.

This has nothing to do with glasses and how much fluid is in them but with the lack of glasses to put anything in.

If assumptions without details do not amount to much then that says what exactly about any assumption then? If my assessment by that standard cannot be negative, yours cannot be positive since they are assumptions without details (in your opinion).

The details are there, you just have to look under the slipcovers a bit.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1840311)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
But I can. Having a company that is aiming to bring clients and $$$ however large or small to ChampCar events and the CC environment, compared to no one at all is a positive.
These details from the announcements and the article you supplied arent positives then ?
Old 13 Feb 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1840322)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar7605
The important thing is that more sponsorship is coming. This is positive for the series .
Amar summed it up in one. No need for any rants etc...
Old 13 Feb 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1840450)   #23
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at their customer list, iRise sure isn't working just with Oswald Stumpledinck, LLC

http://www.irise.com/customers/
Old 14 Feb 2007, 02:29 (Ref:1840878)   #24
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
My company works with FedEx - we use them all the time to ship things. It would be somewhat spurious for us to list them as a "business partner."

Notably missing is what they did and what the relationship is. If I own a company that leases photocopiers, and a client is the local IBM office, does that make my company worthy of being a title sponsor for CC then? They can list whoever they want, just because someone has used their software at one point does not make iRise a Fortune 500 shoe-in. the fact that until they became associated with CC no one here had ever heard of them tells volumes.

There is no positive about this sponsorship as it is not going to bring in any money.

There are some interesting definitions of the word "rant" here. It seems that where you stand on that depends on where you sit. If you view this title sponsor as a positive than anything written is not a rant. If you are asking silly questions like: "What are this company's annual revenues?" Or "What are they paying CC to be title sponsor?" Then one is "ranting."

I would love for someone here to show me definitively that CC is doing anything other than to allow iRise to put up some splashy signs and use CC races as a sort of "Race Camp" for IT types.
Old 14 Feb 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1840899)   #25
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So all of my "assumptions" are invalid because I do not "know" what the details are. Therefore this is not a negative for CC.

Using your same reasoning how can you claim it is a negative for champcar as you yourself say you know none of the details?