Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Aug 2007, 02:39 (Ref:1998063)   #1
karl Aldridge
Rookie

karl Aldridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Historic Motor Festival October 13 & 14

I wanted to begin the tread to promote our weekend
If this is not the best area, those with the knowlege, feel free to move it to the most appropriate area
thank you
karl

Winton Motor Raceway is again hosting our Anual Australian Historic Motor Festival
This year, we have had to move dates to not clash with Bathurst,so have moved one week later to the next weekend October 13 &14

This year is extra special as we are celebrating Benalla Auto Club's 50th Anniversary. As usual, We have a full weekend both on & off track for all competitors, Car Clubs & individuals that make the trip.
We will again have room for all the traditional catagories including everything from the Pre & Post War Regulatiry to Formula Junior, Formula Ford pre 1990
G.E.A.R. from NSW & QLD
We have the MG's & Austin Healey's, Group J, K, Lb, M, N, O, P, Q & R Racing & Sports, Group S & Invited Demo.
We have included the Marque Sports Cars this year along with a regularity for all models of FORD & GT's.
This year we have been given a committment from the Group C & A Association to have a good representation, whick is fantastic
To have these cars on track & displayed as part of our Festival will be great for all commers. If you know anyone who may be interested in being a part of the weekend, feel free to contact me on 03 5766 4235 or email karl@wintonraceway.com.au & I will do my best to be helpful
I hope to see some of you along to enjoy a great weekend of motorsport with us here at Winton
all the best
Karl
Old 28 Aug 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1998202)   #2
giffo
Rookie

Australia
Perth - West Australia
giffo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to come over but......
Distance too far, pockets not deep enough. My little o/w'er did use to race there tho back in the late 60's

Still the VSCC of W.A are having a return to Caversham this coming w/e (2nd Sept) celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1957 AGP

Giffo
http://www.warm.org.au
Old 2 Sep 2007, 05:23 (Ref:2001670)   #3
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caversham 1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffo
Would love to come over but......
Distance too far, pockets not deep enough. My little o/w'er did use to race there tho back in the late 60's

Still the VSCC of W.A are having a return to Caversham this coming w/e (2nd Sept) celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1957 AGP

Giffo
http://www.warm.org.au
Lets hope you post a report Giffo - I was there on a blewdy hot day in 1957 - could not get back for today.
How many of the 1957 entrants were on deck?
Old 11 Sep 2007, 04:22 (Ref:2009017)   #4
giffo
Rookie

Australia
Perth - West Australia
giffo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great day had by all. A little dusty on the main straight where it wasn't entirely sealed. A bit bumpy as was to be expected. The car never bottomed out too often but I probably should have only gone around for a couple of laps as the lower radius rods copped a bit of a hiding with regards to the chrome work. If you go to the media section at the WARM web site
http://www.warm.org.au the is about 50 images. Go to the VSCCWA http://www.vsccwa.com.au web site & there is about 80 images plus a video that I took of the track.

Quote:
How many of the 1957 entrants were on deck?
There was a couple plus the odd replicar. Check out the images & amongst them are a few group shots of the ol' dinosaurs that raced the original event

Last edited by giffo; 11 Sep 2007 at 04:25.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 08:12 (Ref:2009115)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
you guys keep doing things at the wrong time . . . .I'm loosing my battle to get our next trip in MArch so we can go to Phillip Island, nothing happens at the end of Jan/Feb
Old 11 Sep 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2009228)   #6
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha try harder mate...PI is definately worth it
Old 14 Oct 2007, 08:35 (Ref:2039663)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've brought this back from page 2, in the hope that our good friends in the Southern Hemisphere can tell us how this event is going/went. Any pics etc?
Old 19 Oct 2007, 09:34 (Ref:2044362)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last attempt! Did no 10-Tenther go to this?
Old 20 Oct 2007, 05:20 (Ref:2045157)   #9
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt go but results are here if your interested http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...14/10/2007.WIN
Maybe no one from here went