Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jul 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2495084)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking of giving it a miss this year........................................................ for about 2 seconds.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2495099)   #52
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I was thinking of giving it a miss this year........................................................ for about 2 seconds.

You need help!
Old 5 Jul 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2496065)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, the project secretary has today approved my leave on the basis that I bring back Belgian chocolates, so I suppose I'd better go then.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2496231)   #54
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, the project secretary has today approved my leave on the basis that I bring back Belgian chocolates, so I suppose I'd better go then.
You'd be better off getting someone to brig some over from Thorntons for her. The Belgian ones I bought in Spa for my wife last year were ****.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2496366)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on where they came from originally really,I have a friend in Ely who manufactures/supplies some Belgian companys.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2496605)   #56
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent weekend, Sunday weather might have just dampened the circuit but certainly Francorchamps at it's very best. Very different to the journey out, one hour and fffforty [sorry slight speech inpediment!] two miniutes to pass the remains of a transporter and it's load of cars, on the dreaded M40, around an hour to clear a fender bender on the transfer E40 to RO, but nothing like the tail back from Oostkamp fortunately in the opposite direction on Sunday evening returning to Calais. How long for the poor unfortunates in that to clear it; the mind boggles. 2 dun 2 won without any serious problems. Due to the M40 fire and other niggles Eurobrass not aquired in sufficient quantity; Belgique does not seem to support a normal banking system any more, banks do not keep cash or the ability to change currency anymore. Please do not recomend the use of cards! or whatever not a Europhile.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2496627)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The Euro thing seems a bit odd,Stavelot and Spa both have cash points.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2496706)   #58
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
The Euro thing seems a bit odd,Stavelot and Spa both have cash points.
As does Malmedy except this weekend the card machine spat my card back out saying something along the lines of "I speet on your Ingleesh banking card".
Not sure if it was my bank blocking it or they had run out of money as someone else was unhappy at his card being rejected as well.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2496708)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You're probably right Tim, I use my dutch one.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2496750)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
As does Malmedy except this weekend the card machine spat my card back out saying something along the lines of "I speet on your Ingleesh banking card".
Not sure if it was my bank blocking it or they had run out of money as someone else was unhappy at his card being rejected as well.

I take it that was one on the corner Tim? I had that problem last year with it,went to the other one next door,and Bobs your uncle.[Yeah,I know not in your case!]
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2496778)   #61
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
That was in the ING bank, I actually have an account with them as well, and the one next door wouldn't even take my card.
It's all actually your fault Terry as Jan wanted cash for the hotel rooms.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2496783)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
That was in the ING bank, I actually have an account with them as well, and the one next door wouldn't even take my card.
It's all actually your fault Terry as Jan wanted cash for the hotel rooms.

Thought I mentioned that originally Tim? If not then I apologise.Jan is reluctant to start accepting CCs as he would have to increase his charges,but as he once said to me,its only us Brits who do not pay cash anyway.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2496803)   #63
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I take it that was one on the corner Tim? I had that problem last year with it,went to the other one next door,and Bobs your uncle.[Yeah,I know not in your case!]
Tim went even one better,he went to his aged uncle Eric!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 7 Jul 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2497032)   #64
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I spoke to Jan last night Eric,seem's you quite liked the place Just as well the rooms are all booked for the 6hr.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2497676)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Right,

First job done, flights booked.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2501389)   #66
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Starting next year,every one will be able to stay in the new Hotel next to the circuit.Literally at the original La Source entrance ,the Walloon Government has seen fit to invest 15 million Euros in order to create more opportunity for race goer's to stay in Francorchamp's.I wonder how it will affect the original hotel's/B&Bs but it eventually must be good for the local economics.More job opportunitie's etc.I just regret not buying the Villa that used to stand where the new place is being built!
Old 14 Jul 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2501418)   #67
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
a restaurant and bar in close walking distance to the circuit would be good for all those of us who are on site . . . we've not ventured far to be honest, before camper we always stayed in MAlmedy but thats a few miles away
Old 14 Jul 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2501431)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I dont yet know how the Hotel pedestrian access is going to link to the paddock Zef,but I'm sure it will be very handy.Apparently there will be three bar's ,two restaurants and a cafe'.I know the owners are aiming at sub 100 Eur per room per night,the reason the other hotel owners are concerned by it.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2501625)   #69
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we used to pay less than that in MAlmedy, B&B was little over 200 euros for the whole weekend. beer was extra though
Old 14 Jul 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2501641)   #70
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
I dont yet know how the Hotel pedestrian access is going to link to the paddock Zef,but I'm sure it will be very handy.Apparently there will be three bar's ,two restaurants and a cafe'.I know the owners are aiming at sub 100 Eur per room per night,the reason the other hotel owners are concerned by it.
That's not cheap though is it, I've found rooms as low as 30€ per night for the direst of dire places and would expect to pay 65-85€ for a decent place per night
Old 14 Jul 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2501654)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Good,I've put two people off already.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2501801)   #72
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paid 142 euros last weekend for double room for 2 nights on bed/breakfast basis; thought that was an ok price. Place 10km from Malmedy up in the hills near Waimes, nice and quiet, good pool, sauna and a little gym. And a bar.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 06:40 (Ref:2502005)   #73
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the Francochamps Racing Hotel is perfectly adequate for a boys weekend... and its a lot cheaper than EUR100 per night!
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2505695)   #74
PEWR
Rookie

PEWR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

Competed @ Spa in the summer classic meet for the first time, we stayed in Trois Ponts (bargain for 55 euros per twin per night).

Just trying to sort accomodation for 6 Hrs, would be grateful if anyone knows of any reasonably priced hotels in Stavelot ? Would rather stay in Stavelot as it appears a little bit more livlely of an evening!!

Any advice would be great
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2505714)   #75
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try this.

Don't really know what they mean with "poeple" when looking at the hotels.