Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jun 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3913279)   #351
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Either a Ford GT GTE customer program or an evolution of the Ford GT inspired by the GTE/GTLM car.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3913281)   #352
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Ford GT version of the Porsche 919 Evo thing? Ford GT Evo?
Old 21 Jun 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3913284)   #353
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the GTE car was down about 150bhp on the road car, and the ACO still say that moveable aero devices (like the road cars rear wing and front diffuser flaps) are illegal...
Old 21 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3913323)   #354
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
A Ford GT version of the Porsche 919 Evo thing? Ford GT Evo?
I'm guessing it is just another throwback livery.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3913367)   #355
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This one has a roof scoop. None of the other Fords have. I think this is an evo.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3913374)   #356
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I read that the racing version has the roof intake because of one, use of air restrictors on the GTE/GTLM car, and it's usually going fast enough that the road car's variable geometry intake is unnecessary. Could be a track day car given that.

Also, press piece says that it has more similarities to the road car than the race car, though Road & Track have done an analysis of the photo, and there does appear to be a roll cage in the car like the GTE/GTLM cars.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3913401)   #357
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Might just be a track day road-going Ford GT that's more extreme than the current ones. That's what a lot of auto outlets are reporting at least.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3913462)   #358
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Might just be a track day road-going Ford GT that's more extreme than the current ones. That's what a lot of auto outlets are reporting at least.
I was thinking maybe Pikes Peak, but can't see a big enough splitter on the front.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3913548)   #359
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think the same. A limited run edition to celebrate their racing program.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 22:38 (Ref:3913587)   #360
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
This is a great media stunt from Ford. I'm pretty sure nothing really interesting will come from that.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3914142)   #361
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
992 gen 911 RSR spotted testing at Spa this morning.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3914145)   #362
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
992 gen 911 RSR spotted testing at Spa this morning.
Yup - they were setting up yesterday - saw the cars in the garage
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3914147)   #363
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
And the car should be shown to the public for the first time (aside from being caught at Monza and Spa) at Goodwood in a couple of weeks. That date bears remembering, especially if we want tech specs and really good photos of the new RSR.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3914149)   #364
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And the car should be shown to the public for the first time (aside from being caught at Monza and Spa) at Goodwood in a couple of weeks. That date bears remembering, especially if we want tech specs and really good photos of the new RSR.
One of a significant number of new cars being revealed there
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3914150)   #365
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Not insanely relevant to the WEC (since that part of the program ended at Le Mans for all I know), but a new version of the Ford GT is also one of them. I've heard everything from a GT3 car to an Aston Martin Vulcan-esque track day car based on the GTE/GTLM car but with an unrestricted engine.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 02:55 (Ref:3914223)   #366
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'm thinking (hoping) Ginetta show up with their updated lmp1.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3914314)   #367
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
One of a significant number of new cars being revealed there

Racecars or just other cars like the racing production GT as mentioned?
Old 26 Jun 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3914318)   #368
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I know for sure the 992 911 RSR, whatever the Ford GT thing is, and that's all I know of unless Aston Martin (featured make this year) has something up their sleeve, like a fully-functional Valkyrie. I've heard that the first production example is supposed to be shown or driven at Goodwood or Silverstone for the British GP. And the Valkyrie is supposed to be AMR's hypercar based LMP1.

We'll probably find out over the course of the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by chernaudi; 26 Jun 2019 at 18:17.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3914384)   #369
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Racecars or just other cars like the racing production GT as mentioned?
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-launches.html
Old 27 Jun 2019, 15:17 (Ref:3914448)   #370
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
New 911 RSR at Spa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3je...512wcAxib1yUt0

And I know that in the DSC piece that the car is called the 911 RSR '19. But is it still a version of the 991 or is it 992 based?
Old 27 Jun 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3914477)   #371
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sounds purposeful enough but has sadly lost the musicality of the previous version.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3914479)   #372
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
New 911 RSR at Spa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3je...512wcAxib1yUt0

And I know that in the DSC piece that the car is called the 911 RSR '19. But is it still a version of the 991 or is it 992 based?
991 based
Old 4 Jul 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3915864)   #373
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
It's a track day car.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-goodwood.html
Old 4 Jul 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3915870)   #374
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
It does use parts that Multimatic designed for an evo version of the GT, but never got used due to BOP concerns. I wish it had a full wide body like the GTE/GTLM cars, but that's my only complaint. Aside from that, I think it looks better than the race cars did/do.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3915947)   #375
TF110
Veteran

United States
Maybe they'll use some of it and turn to FIA GT3. That'd be for the best imo.