Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Feb 2020, 00:29 (Ref:3959477)   #51
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
Hardest job in motorsport: The poor bloke who has to find something for the Bunnings Powerpass powerplay overtakes....
Equally hard would have to be convincingly waving the flag at the end of Porsche racers, and then having to explain at the next driver's briefing that, unlike their invoices to race for the weekend, their race lap count actually includes GST
Old 24 Feb 2020, 01:24 (Ref:3959479)   #52
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The main issue is that Adelaide is quite narrow and doesn't help that over the years they've narrowed the track even more. (Especially the back straight from turn 7 to turn 9) I think the racing will be better at the AGP circuit since it's a fair bit wider to accommodate the F1 cars.
AGP races are almost invariably the worst for overtaking. Now that I have said that there are bound to be heaps...
Old 24 Feb 2020, 02:12 (Ref:3959484)   #53
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reported in Adelaide media today attendance was down by 40%.Discuss.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 02:49 (Ref:3959487)   #54
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://watertonchronicle.com/2020/0...PmWuKcs93e7Xm8

Quote:
In a move completely unlike Roland Dane, the Triple 8 boss has launched a protest against Cam Waters and Tickford’s Uber operation after copping some serious surge pricing for Shane van Gisbergen’s ride back to the pits today.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 03:32 (Ref:3959489)   #55
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You do know that site is a parody/sarcastic site?
Old 24 Feb 2020, 04:25 (Ref:3959491)   #56
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Article here from the ABC so that others can see the type of report that you're referring to.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 05:05 (Ref:3959494)   #57
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
V8 Supercar racing is becoming increasingly niche and less mainstream... Nothing remarkable there.

It's impressive the crowds are still strong at Bathurst and elsewhere.

The ticket prices certainly do not help:

General admission
From $200*** Available. 4-Day.

$200 !!!!

Quote:
"change race time back to how it was and open the gates earlier," she wrote.
I found it curious the gates no longer open at 7.30-8am, but rather at 9am. Which has no doubt displeased some family attendees.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 05:39 (Ref:3959495)   #58
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
V8 Supercar racing is becoming increasingly niche and less mainstream... Nothing remarkable there.

General admission

$200 !!!!

I found it curious the gates no longer open at 7.30-8am, but rather at 9am. Which has no doubt displeased some family attendees.
I think Supercars need to have a big think about how to lower ADMISSION PRICES. Families cannot afford the sort of outlay to take the average family of two adults and two kids to the races. the support categories are not really a problem , most people are only there for the Supercars anyway. It is about the same cost to go to the AGP but that is a WORLD Championship and only happens once a year in Australia.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 05:55 (Ref:3959496)   #59
djr81
Racer

Quote:

General admission

$200 !!!!

You cant please everyone can you? I would rather stab myself in the eye than watch a Robbie Williams concert. The Hilltop Hoods on the other hand are brilliant. It's a swan.....

The random quoted in the ABC article said:
"the event was "getting quite disappointing". "Bring back the utes, the stunt drivers, the Aussie [Racing] Cars, the Harley drivers parade, keep the stadium trucks, change race time back to how it was and open the gates earlier," she wrote.

Superutes are awful.
A Harley parade is, oh I dunno words fail me. Cant you just go and watch the middle aged accountants getting their coffee on Sunday morning?
Stadium trucks are great if you are ten years old.
The only times that matter are broadcast times in the eastern states.
Why would you want to take your family there at 7.30am???
Old 24 Feb 2020, 06:17 (Ref:3959498)   #60
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Hilltop Hoods on the other hand are brilliant. It's a swan.....
My favourite singer is Olympia and her tickets are only $30, as she is not popular yet... as a 30-something playing 70's-like pop rock music she falls into a "no man's land" between youth music stations that only play modern music and the classic rock stations preferred by older folks that never play new music. Hopefully her record company doesn't drop her after the third and final album in her contract.

The ticket prices that Supercars charge -- in order to prop up their teams' high running costs, by way of high event fees -- are ridiculous. For the motorsport enthusiast wanting to spectate, it's little wonder you would prefer to attend more affordable events like Shannons Nationals (i.e., TCR), hillclimbs and historics, rather than the overpriced Supercars series...

Maybe the failure of drums/electric bass/electric guitar music (i.e., rock) to engage with (most) young people is a lesson for Supercars? You can't keeping doing what you have always done, and expect to remain relevant?

Much like the Fender Telecaster and Fender Precision Bass, the roaring V8 engine is a aging product from over 70 years ago (indeed do most teenagers even get excited about Ford coupes with flathead V8s at all, or are they most interested in loading up the PC to play some Fortnite online?), and perhaps affection for it is fading?

Maybe Supercars should accept it's time is up in the mainstream (much like rock music?), and embrace it's position as a niche product (much like Jazz or Swing music)?

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 24 Feb 2020 at 06:31.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3959504)   #61
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
You do know that site is a parody/sarcastic site?
Yes, ****ing hilarious
Old 24 Feb 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3959542)   #62
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I’m a miserable person but this is pointless, literally nothing going on. Every race is the same, follow each other for the entire race and maybe you’ll see a pass for 20th as part of pit strategy. The cars are great to watch on a qualifying lap but 90% of the races are atrocious, nothing happens.
Much like F1 then
Old 24 Feb 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3959543)   #63
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hardest job in motorsport: The poor bloke who has to find something for the Bunnings Powerpass powerplay overtakes....
Cringeworthy name and segment !
Old 24 Feb 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3959552)   #64
djr81
Racer

Quote:
My favourite singer is Olympia and her tickets are only $30, as she is not popular yet... as a 30-something playing 70's-like pop rock music she falls into a "no man's land" between youth music stations that only play modern music and the classic rock stations preferred by older folks that never play new music. Hopefully her record company doesn't drop her after the third and final album in her contract.

The ticket prices that Supercars charge -- in order to prop up their teams' high running costs, by way of high event fees -- are ridiculous. For the motorsport enthusiast wanting to spectate, it's little wonder you would prefer to attend more affordable events like Shannons Nationals (i.e., TCR), hillclimbs and historics, rather than the overpriced Supercars series...

Maybe the failure of drums/electric bass/electric guitar music (i.e., rock) to engage with (most) young people is a lesson for Supercars? You can't keeping doing what you have always done, and expect to remain relevant?

Much like the Fender Telecaster and Fender Precision Bass, the roaring V8 engine is a aging product from over 70 years ago (indeed do most teenagers even get excited about Ford coupes with flathead V8s at all, or are they most interested in loading up the PC to play some Fortnite online?), and perhaps affection for it is fading?

Maybe Supercars should accept it's time is up in the mainstream (much like rock music?), and embrace it's position as a niche product (much like Jazz or Swing music)?
Um, the Hilltop Hoods are a hip hop group.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3959623)   #65
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I normally go to watch the car racing.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 23:19 (Ref:3959667)   #66
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Um, the Hilltop Hoods are a hip hop group.
Yes, I know that, they typically use electronic beats. I prefer drums and bass.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 01:03 (Ref:3959680)   #67
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
I normally go to watch the car racing.
I go to rock concerts with motor races as the support act.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 08:56 (Ref:3959955)   #68
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With crowd numbers plummeting, the Adelaide meeting may be reverting to a three day shindig next year.

Click Here