Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the team of the Tuscan Grand Prix is?
Mercedes 18 75.00%
Red Bull 2 8.33%
Racing Point 0 0%
McLaren 1 4.17%
Renault 1 4.17%
AlphaTauri 0 0%
Ferrari 0 0%
Haas 1 4.17%
Alfa Romeo 1 4.17%
Williams 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Sep 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4002160)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Tuscan Grand Prix 2020

Who do you think the team of the Tuscan Grand Prix is?
Old 13 Sep 2020, 15:39 (Ref:4002195)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will abstain from voting. Only 2 teams got both cars to the finish. One took a 1-2 simply by turning up and played odd politics that I don't want to endorse, and the other was Ferrari.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4002207)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I will abstain from voting. Only 2 teams got both cars to the finish. One took a 1-2 simply by turning up and played odd politics that I don't want to endorse, and the other was Ferrari.
Interested to hear what odd politics? Didn’t catch that on the coverage? Can you elaborate further?
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:43 (Ref:4002220)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RBR. Despite losing Verstappen on the opening lap, they got on the podium.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:46 (Ref:4002222)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes. By a country mile.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4002265)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes as they seemed to be in a separate race to everyone else
Old 13 Sep 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4002273)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Comfortably Mercedes. Anything else would be nothing more than a 'sympathy' vote... Also interested to learn what the 'odd politics' were.... Maybe I missed something.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 20:46 (Ref:4002292)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Mercedes, because I'm biased.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 21:34 (Ref:4002307)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Odd politics strikes again! It's a joke really.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 21:42 (Ref:4002308)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Odd politics strikes again! It's a joke really.
I’m still struggling to understand what the odd politics are?
Old 13 Sep 2020, 21:54 (Ref:4002312)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Abstaining - I don't think that either of the teams that got 2 cars home really did anything special compared to their capability.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 08:26 (Ref:4002389)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I’m still struggling to understand what the odd politics are?
I think odd politics these days generally means all politics.....
Old 14 Sep 2020, 08:36 (Ref:4002392)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This year there are a few teams performing a bit better than in previous years, and a few that are performing a bit worse. But that is just becoming the "new normal" now. The team that still stands head and shoulders over them all is Mercedes. So it may be boring but I voted Mercedes.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 08:45 (Ref:4002397)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Interested to hear what odd politics? Didn’t catch that on the coverage? Can you elaborate further?
I think he may be referring to the t-shirt worn by Hamilton post-race.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:15 (Ref:4002402)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's very unpolitical in fact. No deception and other political machinations going on here. Hamilton is simply using his platform as an opportunity to make a statement about something he believes in, and unlike most who wish to express a view, he knows millions will notice his. If you're interested in reading about the woman in question, there's an article here: https://www.nytimes.com/article/breo...or-police.html

On topic, Mercedes for me too. Easily had the measure of everyone.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:20 (Ref:4002405)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I think it's very unpolitical in fact. No deception and other political machinations going on here. Hamilton is simply using his platform as an opportunity to make a statement about something he believes in, and unlike most who wish to express a view, he knows millions will notice his. If you're interested in reading about the woman in question, there's an article here: https://www.nytimes.com/article/breo...or-police.html

On topic, Mercedes for me too. Easily had the measure of everyone.
I agree, not politics at all. Whether the platform was right or not, is debatable, and whether doing it served the purpose that Hamilton hoped, even more debatable I suspect, but probably best not for this discussion.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:31 (Ref:4002409)   #17
ascarracinguk
Veteran

i still dont understand how people can class anti racism or the drive for equality as 'politics'

surely equality is a basic human right that should be afforded to all.

the fact that it has to be brought up in the 21st century as part of a campaign shows how far the world has to go.

Its interesting, people protest peacefully, are told they arent allowed to do that, so they riot and are told to protest peacefully.... when they do, they are slammed for being too political.

given racism has gone on for too long, i really dont know what people want the likes of hamilton to do. if he keeps quiet on human rights, hes hypocritical, if he speaks out hes shoving it in your faces....ive even seen comments on other forums stating that its a disgrace that he doesnt recognise his white side and say all lives matter.

The mind boggles.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:33 (Ref:4002410)   #18
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
whether doing it served the purpose that Hamilton hoped, even more debatable I suspect.
its got the world talking and highlighted on the issue, i suspect its served the purpose.

the fallout is another matter....there will always be people on both sides of that one!
Old 14 Sep 2020, 11:18 (Ref:4002424)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
i still dont understand how people can class anti racism or the drive for equality as 'politics'
Because it makes people feel uncomfortable.

Good.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 11:32 (Ref:4002428)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I don't agree that Hamilton's messages are unpolitical.

They serve a good cause, I agree with that.
All the while the particular T-shirt Hamilton is wearing before the race (Black Lives Matter) excludes a few parties from the 'End Racism' thing. (like all non-blacks, and all other people that get discriminated for whatever reason. Think of ALL people who are 'different' and not just a part of them)
I am a fan of 'End Racism', not so much of 'Black Lives Matter' in itself.

Also, there is a time and place for everything and I'm not sure the podium of a GP is the right platform.

I'm quite sure if anyone of us would make a topic for a good cause in the F1 forum that it would be moved somwehere else. Not because the mod wouldn't agree with it, but because it doesn't belong where it was put.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 11:47 (Ref:4002431)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

On that last point of gert's, I would be happy for a thread on the anti-racism movement in the context of Formula 1 on the Formula 1 forum, and I trust people would be respectful. I also think it would be better to continue that discussion there rather than on this poll thread.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 12:52 (Ref:4002442)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

surely equality is a basic human right that should be afforded to all.

the fact that it has to be brought up in the 21st century as part of a campaign shows how far the world has to go.

Its interesting, people protest peacefully, are told they arent allowed to do that, so they riot and are told to protest peacefully.... when they do, they are slammed for being too political.

given racism has gone on for too long, i really dont know what people want the likes of hamilton to do. if he keeps quiet on human rights, hes hypocritical, if he speaks out hes shoving it in your faces....ive even seen comments on other forums stating that its a disgrace that he doesnt recognise his white side and say all lives matter.

The mind boggles.
Once the basic right of equality is denied, it then becomes political as those who are denied that basic right are no longer allowed a voice or representation in society. I think, that's as far as I can go on this tread with this. A specific thread could be a good idea.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4002444)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To each their own, but a conflagration of multinational corporate logos on display, state sponsored races with dignitaries handing out trophies, Champange here but not there, a driver wearing an iron cross as part of their sponsorship deal, FIA social messages for which they lobby around the world...

Since when was F1 not political?

Heck most tracks a littered with Aramco signs now.

No one has felt the need to start a thread to call out F1 for any of it this season, but hey LH did something so it must be wrong now.

I am all for people advocating F1 remain apolitical....but where have you been until now?
Old 14 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4002473)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i should have added, that wearing masks has also become a political issue. so lets get rid of masks right?

certainly should not allow them on the podium lest someone get the wrong idea about freedom.

national anthem for the driver and team...political or just a free advert for your preferred national identity?

cant be a free advert cause FOM charges for adverts.

anthems and military planes flying overhead.

thats boring jingoistic nonsense so also got to go.

no politics in sports...give me a break.

the team literally changed their livery for this season in support of BLM....do you really think Toto has a problem with this? does anyone actually think this man would not have supported LH and defended him like family?

imo Mercedes is absolutely the team of this race and the team of this season.

move or delete...sorry mods about making your jobs more difficult.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 23:56 (Ref:4002524)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I think he may be referring to the t-shirt worn by Hamilton post-race.
Ah, I see. That’s why we didn’t get it because it isn’t politics.

I thought it was some weird reference to F1 not being a sport.