Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was your driver of the race?
Vettel 0 0%
Webber 111 62.01%
Alonso 0 0%
Massa 1 0.56%
Hamilton 63 35.20%
Button 0 0%
Heidfeld 0 0%
Petrov 0 0%
Schumacher 1 0.56%
Rosberg 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Barrichello 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Kobayashi 0 0%
di Resta 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Kovalainen 2 1.12%
Trulli 0 0%
Alguersuari 0 0%
Buemi 0 0%
D'Ambrosio 1 0.56%
Glock 0 0%
Liuzzi 0 0%
Karthikeyan 0 0%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2865119)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Do you mean like Montreal last season?
I mean on the Pirelli tyres, which are nothing like the Bridgestone tyres were last season, even though the racing in Canada was much the same to watch as it was today.

It was interesting that during Friday practice (when the track temps were slightly hotter than today), Hamilton struggled with the tyres.

There will be some races when the tyres suit one driver better than another, for whatever reason.

It's obvious that the teams and drivers are still learning quite a bit about the tyres at the moment. I'm certain that Red Bull and a lot of other teams learned a lot today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I shouldn't bite I know...
Old 17 Apr 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2865125)   #52
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I mean on the Pirelli tyres, which are nothing like the Bridgestone tyres were last season, even though the racing in Canada was much the same to watch as it was today.

It was interesting that during Friday practice (when the track temps were slightly hotter than today), Hamilton struggled with the tyres.

There will be some races when the tyres suit one driver better than another, for whatever reason.

It's obvious that the teams and drivers are still learning quite a bit about the tyres at the moment. I'm certain that Red Bull and a lot of other teams learned a lot today.

Yes they are learning to keep as many sets in reserve as possible..
Old 17 Apr 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2865129)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Yes they are learning to keep as many sets in reserve as possible..
It certainly worked for Webber! Who looked to be all at sea during the first part of the race on hard tyres (actually fell back to 20th place at one point!), but then drove a brilliant race on his 3 sets of fresh soft tyres.

However, that won't always be the best way to use the tyres.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2865131)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It certainly worked for Webber, who looked to be all at sea during the first part of the race on hard tyres (actually fell back to 20th place at one point!), but then drove a brilliant race on his 3 sets of fresh soft tyres.

However, that won't always be the best way to use the tyres.

I know he even joked after the race saying "who needs to qualify" even..
Old 17 Apr 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2865140)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton or Webber. eenie, meenie...
Webber for me.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2865156)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mark for me.

Don't think he put a wheel wrong in his run to the front from the rear. Simply AWESOME drive.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2865186)   #57
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Vettel in a Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Webber.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2865211)   #58
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Mark for me.

Don't think he put a wheel wrong in his run to the front from the rear. Simply AWESOME drive.
Was that a shot at the Diet Red Bull guys for their snafu on Algesuari's tire?

Hamilton for me. He learned well from last week. Great job overtaking and not trying anything silly against Vettel. Webber was great and all, but Hamilton won and did his overtaking without the advantage of the soft tires. Jenson Button's evil twin made another appearance... he seems to be having as much problems with the tires as everyone else, maybe more at times.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2865240)   #59
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Hamilton for me, some good clean overtakes and pushed through for the win. Webber was impressive thanks to a very good strategy. Rosberg too had a great race.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2865268)   #60
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egg

Head says Hamilton, heart says Webber.

I went with heart........
Old 17 Apr 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2865311)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton for me - top notch. Webber was amazing though - what a crying shame he hadn't had another lap to demote Vettel.......
Old 17 Apr 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2865346)   #62
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber - super drive - followed by Hamilton. Great race!
Old 17 Apr 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2865354)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
An extraordinary drive from Webber. I still can't work out how he managed it.

Otherwise Hamilton.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2865359)   #64
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
webber by a long margin , uncompetitive on the prime tyre and fuel load in the early stages of the race while the front runners had the best of fuel load and track position to manage their stint on the prime tyre and they failed, with their performance over last few laps was dismal one or two laps more and webber was the winner.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2865368)   #65
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer View Post
webber by a long margin ....
I wouldnt say by a long margin, basically the same thing has worked out for Webber and Hamilton, but whereas saving a set of the option tires was an edcuated choice in Hamilton's case, who knowingly built up his weekend for a nice 3 stopper and an extra set of the fresh softs. Webber was just simply too slow to make it thru q1 and found a sh1tload of tires laying around in his garage.

also winning the race is always a nice touch

Last edited by newlaprecord; 17 Apr 2011 at 23:13.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2865374)   #66
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
Jenson Button's evil twin made another appearance...
Did he manage to sport a goatee?
Old 18 Apr 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2865406)   #67
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn View Post
I reluctantly vote for Webber as I was impressed by how well he did even if I don't like the man himself, I can respect his driving.
That is about my take on it. I dont think I have ever voted for Webber in anything before.

But, credit where credit is due, he drove a good hard nose to the grindstone race today. And not a whinge about anything over the qualy messup.

Very different from the tantrum and scandalising he did when Mark was not fussed about the new nose at Silverstone, not believing it was any benefit. So when Newey said the nose must be run for data collection the decision was that as Mark was non plussed by it give it to someone who cares, someone who does believe it has benefits.

Mark turned that very much into a Vettells influence / fault and doing, when it was as much a surprise to Vettel to see the new nose on his car for the race as it was Mark.

Now had Mark dealt with that in the same adult way as the qualy messup there likely would have been no drama between them last year.

Anyway the purpose of this post was to praise his drive and attitude, not hark on old wounds.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:48 (Ref:2865451)   #68
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber
Old 18 Apr 2011, 04:06 (Ref:2865465)   #69
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Anyway the purpose of this post was to praise his drive and attitude, not hark on old wounds.
Mark drives a great race when he is ****ed off. I reckon RBR's strategy should be to lock him in a room with Helmut Marko for an hour before every race.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2865475)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Webber gets the nod for me by just a whisker from Hamilton. Two fantastic drives from two fantastic drivers.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2865482)   #71
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber for me. I'm still not sure how he appeared in 7th or 8th after what seemed to be a disappointing first stint! Excellent stuff in the middle of the race went unnoticed I think.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 06:57 (Ref:2865484)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Mark drives a great race when he is ****ed off. I reckon RBR's strategy should be to lock him in a room with Helmut Marko for an hour before every race.
I can see it now... an hour with Dr Marko, the same afterwards with Mr Horner trying to calm him down... some British journos to ask stupid questions... and fresh Renault engine to belt the bejeezus out of

Yes Please!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Apr 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2865489)   #73
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Works for me!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2865497)   #74
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Great race from Webber. Had there been a safety car period while he was on the hard tyres, I reckon he would have easily won it.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2865506)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fastest Laps @ China

WOW!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods