Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4045686)   #2051
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Plus 1 to this.
Plus 2.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4046329)   #2052
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see Pinks did practice again. Everyone cope?
Old 19 Apr 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4046788)   #2053
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame Mobdro is gone and free live F1 coverage isn't available in Ireland. I've signed up for NowTV's Sky package with a friend and it seems to be pretty decent. Not too arsed about all the extra stuff as I just want to follow the race and maybe the odd qualifying session. Happy enough with the deal but has anybody ever alluded to the fact that "IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO" should never have become synonymous with Crofty? It took me til recently to realise it as I hadn't been watching F1 in recent years. But Ben Edwards has been saying that from back in his BTCC days...how does Crofty get away with it?

Or, am I wrong? Totally willing to be correct on that one if so.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 04:09 (Ref:4046828)   #2054
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have to say that the Ben Edwards replacement is getting up my nose. He sounds like a cross between a pub singer and a bandsaw.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4046836)   #2055
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Have to say that the Ben Edwards replacement is getting up my nose. He sounds like a cross between a pub singer and a bandsaw.
A nice description there Peter!
As I was listening to the commentary this weekend (especially at the very start) it struck me how young he sounds. This however probably says more about how old I am...
Old 20 Apr 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4046855)   #2056
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karun Chandhok deserves more air time. Articulate and interesting.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4046860)   #2057
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
A nice description there Peter!
As I was listening to the commentary this weekend (especially at the very start) it struck me how young he sounds. This however probably says more about how old I am...
Blimey you reckon he sounds young?! Try the childish mob on BBC radio 5!
Old 20 Apr 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4046957)   #2058
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Blimey you reckon he sounds young?! Try the childish mob on BBC radio 5!

Unfortunately I have no option but to use BBC radio, as I don't have a Sky subscription. James Allen is a bit of a jerk and I don't know what Jennie Gow is supposed to offer, in terms of racing insight and Jolyon Palmer is the only one who seems to know what's going on and I suppose needs the money.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4047088)   #2059
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
It'd be good if Sky covered F1, instead of The Lewis Hamilton F1 Show.

Brundle and Herbert are terrible. With chunterer reminding me of Herbert's 95 season, it's where there's a "selected negligence" in giving insight to fans.

Both Brundle and Herbert have copped the "no2' treatment in teams they've driven for, but give no insight into what Bottas could be dealing with at MB.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4047090)   #2060
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
It'd be good if Sky covered F1, instead of The Lewis Hamilton F1 Show.
The biggest stars in a sport tend to get the majority of coverage.

Hamilton is currently the biggest star in F1 by a country mile (he's a potential GOAT if you hadn't noticed ). He's in a close contest this season, and Sky is a British broadcaster - so it would be surprising if they didn't devote a lot of their coverage to Hamilton.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4047146)   #2061
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The biggest stars in a sport tend to get the majority of coverage.

Hamilton is currently the biggest star in F1 by a country mile (he's a potential GOAT if you hadn't noticed ). He's in a close contest this season, and Sky is a British broadcaster - so it would be surprising if they didn't devote a lot of their coverage to Hamilton.
Unfortunately this reminds me of the year (sorry, I can't remember when it was) when Lewis didn't quite win the World Championship. For the final race of the Season ITV had the 'This is where Lewis becomes World Champion' show, everything in the preamble was geared to that, and then it didn't happen!
Old 21 Apr 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4047154)   #2062
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Unfortunately this reminds me of the year (sorry, I can't remember when it was) when Lewis didn't quite win the World Championship. For the final race of the Season ITV had the 'This is where Lewis becomes World Champion' show, everything in the preamble was geared to that, and then it didn't happen!

That would be 2007. Lews lost by one point to Kimi.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4047160)   #2063
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Always interesting when the F1 rivet counters get involved with TV/Radio coverage opinion.Of course any TV company based in UK is going to centralise their coverage on LH and perhaps Lando later this year.
That’s what sells and why Sky have had their biggest audience this year.
Radio is decent with the four they have and same team do F1’s coverage with Jenny Gow also involved with Netflix.
Not bad for a sport that does not drag in as many viewers as Footy, Cricket,Horse Racing or even snooker.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4047179)   #2064
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Always interesting when the F1 rivet counters get involved with TV/Radio coverage opinion.Of course any TV company based in UK is going to centralise their coverage on LH and perhaps Lando later this year.
That’s what sells and why Sky have had their biggest audience this year.
Radio is decent with the four they have and same team do F1’s coverage with Jenny Gow also involved with Netflix.
Not bad for a sport that does not drag in as many viewers as Footy, Cricket,Horse Racing or even snooker.
Trouble is the Sky coverage goes out to the rest of the world and the Lewiscentric Lovefest is both obvious and embarrassing-and I’m a Lewis fan.
Old 21 Apr 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4047180)   #2065
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
obviously they will talk about Lewis when he does something because now everything he does is literally breaking an all time record but aside from that LH rarely makes himself available for interviews so they tend to ignore him completely pre and post race.

last year was a complete Lando and Sainz love affair (which was excellent imo) which they are now trying to replicate with Leclerc/Sainz and Nando/Ric.

although in fairness, the Netflix show dramatizing Bottas being unhappy will mean SKY probably now have to focus on it more given how popular Drive to Survive was.

kind of a side note, but because of that show, i would wager that F1 viewership is up across the board so far this season.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 00:08 (Ref:4047191)   #2066
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That would be 2007. Lews lost by one point to Kimi.

Could have been 2016 where Lulu was robbed by a higher being from winning the title
Old 22 Apr 2021, 00:08 (Ref:4047192)   #2067
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Trouble is the Sky coverage goes out to the rest of the world and the Lewiscentric Lovefest is both obvious and embarrassing-and I’m a Lewis fan.
Nothing will ever be as bad as an Andrew Benson article.
It's borderline creepy his obsession with Hamilton.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 05:37 (Ref:4047210)   #2068
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I suggest people try listening to any US announcers.
Only US people matter and that’s for any sport.
The LH focus of UK based operations is nothing.
What’s embarrassing about backing one of your own?
Unusual take on the world on here. Have you ever lived in other countries?
They all concentrate on their own stars.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4047263)   #2069
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I heard the Spanish TV was scarily biased with Alonso in the 00s.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4047298)   #2070
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Could have been 2016 where Lulu was robbed by a higher being from winning the title

But, VIVA GT mentioned ITV and their coverage of F1 was from 1997-2008.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4047299)   #2071
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
But, VIVA GT mentioned ITV and their coverage of F1 was from 1997-2008.
Sorry bjs, I should have responded and thanked you, I'm sure it was 2007 (it certainly was ITV)
Old 22 Apr 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4047313)   #2072
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Sorry bjs, I should have responded and thanked you, I'm sure it was 2007 (it certainly was ITV)

Old 24 Apr 2021, 05:56 (Ref:4047622)   #2073
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I heard the Spanish TV was scarily biased with Alonso in the 00s.
The commentator Antonio Lobato was particularly obsessed with him and used the 'we' conjugation of all verbs, e.g. 'we're in first place now'.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 06:50 (Ref:4047624)   #2074
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I also heard he used to hope something bad would happen if one of his rivals was winning
Old 24 Apr 2021, 10:12 (Ref:4047640)   #2075
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I also heard he used to hope something bad would happen if one of his rivals was winning
Try listening to Mark Skaife on V8 Supercars The Redbull - Holden show !

Tags
pinks