Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3348745)   #51
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
heard about this in the morning and heard he was OK didnt think much of it until I found out just now he is in critical condition to say im feeling devastated is an understatement...

grew up in the 90's watching F1 and loved watching him fight for the title with Ferrari and everything finally coming together in japan 2000 I still remember his quote after his win in Australia that year "its so bloody fast this car" and I just knew it was his year

I really hope he manages to pull through this they say we care about celebs too much when bad thing happen to ordinary people everyday but Schumacher has given me so many great memories growing up its hard for me not to be really affected by this
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3348746)   #52
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
The fact the coma seemingly isn't an induced one is a big concern as well.
bbc have said that the coma may have been induced by the first hospital before he was transferred. All we can do now is hope for the best.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3348747)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sad news, come on Michael we are praying for you ....
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3348748)   #54
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apparently there will be a press conference tomorrow at 11.

Last edited by McArthur252; 29 Dec 2013 at 23:19.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3348756)   #55
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The professor GĂ©rard Saillant arrived at the Grenoble hospital at he end of the afternoon. He knows Schumi and had operated on him when he had his accident.

I'm worried about the situation.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3348757)   #56
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that they've arranged a press conference for tomorrow and the last thing they said was that he was critical is particularly worrying
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3348762)   #57
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Just got here, this is just awful, thoughts are with Michael and his family, hope it is not as bad as it looks and that he is well soon! Just awful!
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3348765)   #58
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Go on Michael. This is a race we all want you to win.
It is indeed and I'm not the greatest fan. Praying for you TGF
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3348766)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awful. Here's hoping for the best and comfort for the family during this time.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:56 (Ref:3348767)   #60
tpa8580
Rookie

tpa8580 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stay strong Michael

I also grew up with Michael Schumacher in the 90's and even though others didn't like him I always enjoyed watching him race. Hope he really pulls through.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3348768)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
The fact that they've arranged a press conference for tomorrow and the last thing they said was that he was critical is particularly worrying
Not necessarily. I think the fact that a press conference is planned means they expect him to be alive still by then at least!

Really the next couple of days are critical. If he gets through that then things should start to be more stable.

He is in good hands, so fingers crossed.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 00:07 (Ref:3348770)   #62
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Really the next couple of days are critical. If he gets through that then things should start to be more stable.
Actually no, it will be a few days after that that will be the most dangerous. It won't be for over a week that we'll get any strong indication of a prognosis.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 01:02 (Ref:3348776)   #63
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Ross Brown, who is arrived to the hospital of Grenoble, Schumi "is fighting for life". (SID via AUTOhebdo).
Old 30 Dec 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3348777)   #64
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prayers and thoughts with Schumacher and his family. Really hoping he pulls through, like he has done so many times before!
Old 30 Dec 2013, 01:42 (Ref:3348781)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is not nice to hear; all the best Schumi.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3348782)   #66
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope Schumacher recovers from this...one of my heroes. It is great to see the response from around the world.

Reports are scarily similar to Natasha Richardson's accident except Michael was thankfully wearing a helmet.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3348785)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gary Hartstein says that it's not so bad :

http://translate.google.com/translat...s.html&act=url
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:29 (Ref:3348787)   #68
sweetchuk
Racer

Australia
sweetchuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Gary Hartstein says that it's not so bad :
I don't believe any doctor, including the one quoted in the link above, said anything like 'it's not so bad'.

The article quoted the doctor as saying:

"There is nothing unusual to have to wait until 8am for more news. ..... It is perfectly normal.

What we want to hear on Monday: Schumacher is out or getting out of the respirator, and intracranial pressure was normal. If we hear it, we're ok" - the doctor wrote.

That cannot be construed remotely near being not so bad. Time (i.e Monday morning as quoted from the article & doctor) will tell. Here's hoping for the best possible outcome for Schuey.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3348789)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchuk View Post
I don't believe any doctor, including the one quoted in the link above, said anything like 'it's not so bad'.

The article quoted the doctor as saying:

"There is nothing unusual to have to wait until 8am for more news. ..... It is perfectly normal.

What we want to hear on Monday: Schumacher is out or getting out of the respirator, and intracranial pressure was normal. If we hear it, we're ok" - the doctor wrote.

That cannot be construed remotely near being not so bad. Time (i.e Monday morning as quoted from the article & doctor) will tell. Here's hoping for the best possible outcome for Schuey.
Oh boy I'm sorry, I should have written "it's not unsual" but it came out "it's not so bad", can you forgive me ?
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3348790)   #70
sweetchuk
Racer

Australia
sweetchuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Oh boy I'm sorry, I should have written "it's not unsual" but it came out "it's not so bad", can you forgive me ?
Possibly .. in the fullness of time ... Monday morning perhaps?
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3348792)   #71
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear. I hope Michael recovers from this. My thoughts are with his family.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3348793)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
What terrible news. Schumacher is a fighter and that fighting spirit will see him through. All the best to him, his family, and his many close friends.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3348794)   #73
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Reports are scarily similar to Natasha Richardson's accident
Same thing came to mind with me as well. I think her main issue was delay in taking the hit to the head seriously. It doesn't seem like that is the issue here?

Overall it seems like a great deal of speculation here and in the press. All we can do is wait for official news and hope he pulls through ok.

Richard
Old 30 Dec 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3348796)   #74
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else seen "the crash reel"... Great doco and gives you a little insight into the wide range of variety in head trauma.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3348811)   #75
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thankfully he has the means for the best care there is. All we can do is wish him well and hope for the best. I believe he has the fighting spirit to survive.
Closed Thread